PDA

View Full Version : c-pillar bar

igarut5410
09-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I know that some people in the forums have c-pillar bars.... I was wondering what car you ordered them for... Cause I know that they don't make it specifically for our cars... I have an 87 hatchback...

MessyHonda
09-03-2008, 10:49 PM
rear sturt bar?

ghettogeddy
09-03-2008, 10:57 PM
rear sturt bar?

no c piller as in above the rear deck
there are a couple of them on here just cant remember who

MessyHonda
09-03-2008, 11:05 PM
did a lil search and i found this

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62845

labeledsk8r
09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
yeah these were never confirmed to fit anything other then the sedan thanks to no one getting mesurements

2drSE-i
09-04-2008, 09:35 PM
i do believe that bitesize had one on his hatch before he got rid of it, ill look before i head off to bed.

Accordtheory
09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
If I connect my left nut to my right nut, is it going to hurt any less if I get kicked in the balls?

That's my way of say a "c pillar" bar doesn't do shit..

2drSE-i
09-04-2008, 09:46 PM
it does just as much good as strut bars do. They make us feel like they are doing good when in reality they arent doing anything. But rather than shitting all over this thread, i figured id contribute.

A18A
09-04-2008, 09:54 PM
another case of mind over matter lol

codyJDM
09-05-2008, 07:53 AM
I would love to have a C-pillar bar in my hatch.

Someone get measurements!

Accordtheory
09-05-2008, 10:07 AM
it does just as much good as strut bars do. They make us feel like they are doing good when in reality they arent doing anything. But rather than shitting all over this thread, i figured id contribute.

So you're saying it's a worthless mod, but you want to contribute to it anyway?:stick:
I feel responsible when I know something is bs to tell people, to help them save their money.
Strut bars actually can do something, depending on the design/method of mounting.
There was a multiple page thread on h-t about the c pillar bar a while back, a lot of the people who contributed were very knowledgeable, several of them were fabricators who build and design roll cages, and the consensus was that due to the location of the bar, it is basically worthless.
Look at it this way, if there was any flex there, the back glass would break or come off of the adhesive.

Why do you guys really want the bars? So if that back seat driver pisses you off, you can just downshift and smack their head into it?

84Accord
09-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Why do you guys really want the bars? So if that back seat driver pisses you off, you can just downshift and smack their head into it?

^exactly! :lol:

codyJDM
09-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I have a friend with a c-pillar bar in his EK hatch along with front and rear ST bars, lower H-brace, and a rear lower tie bar with full bodied Tanabe coilovers and it is the tightest most precise feeling car I've ever driven. They all help in conjunction with eachother. In my eyes there is no such thing as "worthless" bracing. And seriously, who the fuck wants people in their back seat? :tongue:

Oh and Accordtheory, you're super pissed off at parts lately huh? hahaha :lol:

BITESIZE
09-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Been a while since I've been on. I've been sick, and working insane hours during the night. But I had a C pillar bar from a 2006 integra I believe. My friend had one on his 2006 integra, so i thought i might try it on. Holy cow, it did fit. I bought it from him for 30 bucks. I did however sell it to turabaka on here. I think it was from a 2006 integra. :) If you really want to make sure, ask alika on preludepower.com. Tell him bitesize sent you. P.s. Everyone thought it was to hang shirts on. lol

MessyHonda
09-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Been a while since I've been on. I've been sick, and working insane hours during the night. But I had a C pillar bar from a 2006 integra I believe. My friend had one on his 2006 integra, so i thought i might try it on. Holy cow, it did fit. I bought it from him for 30 bucks. I did however sell it to turabaka on here. I think it was from a 2006 integra. :) If you really want to make sure, ask alika on preludepower.com. Tell him bitesize sent you. P.s. Everyone thought it was to hang shirts on. lol

the last year they made the integera was 2001...you sure its not an 1996?

Civic Accord Honda
09-07-2008, 07:39 PM
he probably meant RSX

BITESIZE
09-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Sorry I meant the rsx?

2oodoor
09-09-2008, 05:09 AM
Look at it this way, if there was any flex there, the back glass would break or come off of the adhesive.

?
I do not dismiss your input on this, but for the other readers... if you don't think they flex, stick your fingers in between the door weatherstrip area from the inside and do a quick slalom action.

codyJDM
09-09-2008, 07:48 AM
lol Honda wouldn't make something that breaks even if it did flex. Come on.

Accordtheory
09-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I do not dismiss your input on this, but for the other readers... if you don't think they flex, stick your fingers in between the door weatherstrip area from the inside and do a quick slalom action.

What? That's the door area, not the place where the c pillar bar goes. ? Am I misunderstanding you somehow?

2oodoor
09-09-2008, 09:12 AM
4 door sedans ?
Any car for that matter, flexs a lot more than you think. No it isnt going to pop out the back glass because there are other places that will give to the reflex before that happens. A hatch back rear glass is in the hatch so that would not be an example.
Again, Accord Theory I am not trying to discredit the fact that what you say holds water. The fact is you really need to be pushing a car to be able to make recordable differences with a rear upper bar, but they do make a difference when that time comes.

Zufer
09-09-2008, 11:55 AM
just as food for thought to all of this stuff... when it comes to bracing and performance mods... there is really only one way to tell a difference... change one this at a time and run it on the same track to get a comparison. Carroll Smith talks a lot about this comparison of times being a good tuning method. However, as he says... it takes a very refined driver to really maximize a cars potential... especially when you are talkin about tenths of seconds difference that this bar may or may not provide.

In my opinion strut bars do make a difference.. as do the lower subframe braces... but that's just a comparison based on feel and how i ran against local autocross competition... not a hard time difference.

Just my dollars worth.

Oldblueaccord
09-10-2008, 02:57 PM
You can use string , masking tape what ever and measure the sag with a cheap camera or put a guy back there with his eye balls and hammer a long 270 degree exit ramp for a few test.

wp

MessyHonda
09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
all i can say is my car is pretty tight for what is is.

tokicos with neuspeed springs
front and rear strut bars
front and rear swaybars(rear is a 4th gen one)
rear lower tie bar.
front prelude upper control arms
poly bushings in the front.

Accordtheory
09-11-2008, 10:01 AM
I suppose I'll have to link that thread from honda-tech..once I find it.

stat1K
09-11-2008, 05:11 PM
it doesn't matter accordtheory no one here will ever change... i will throw in my 2 cents, it's a completely useless mod... if you want to build a cage build a cage don't waste money on stupid shit like this. unless you work for a dry cleaner and want to have laundry bar in your car.

Dr_Snooz
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM

I had a buddy back in the '80s who worked for Honda racing. He insisted that the CRXs they raced would come back with cracked windshields from all the flexing.

Of course, he was strung out a lot, so maybe he just made that up.

Zufer
09-11-2008, 09:58 PM
a couple years ago a buddy of mine, who now races a spec miata, was working for a local company that built a time attack wrx. When they ran it at laguna it cracked a windshield on one of the fast turns. They had an in car video of it and midway throught he turn it makes a pop and the windshield has a line in it. I definitely believe that cars flex alot!!!

however. I really can see how this bar stops the flexing much... I can see if it was triangulated to something it might but not just a bar between the two points.

2ndGenGuy
09-12-2008, 07:28 AM
There were two or three cars at Pacific Raceways that broke rear windows doing drag runs a few weeks back. I was surprised, but it does happen.

codyJDM
09-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Even if it doesn't do much, it looks bad ass. lol

stat1K
09-12-2008, 06:10 PM
yeah it's totally mad tyte jay dee em.

if you talk about a miracle x-bar like the setup for the ek hatch and the eg hatch and dc integra then yeah that's a different story... just a c pillar bar... come on.

bodyarmour
10-05-2008, 04:01 AM
4 g accord rear bar? any bigger? if so would the v6 or the wagon ones fit?

all i can say is my car is pretty tight for what is is.

tokicos with neuspeed springs
front and rear strut bars
front and rear swaybars(rear is a 4th gen one)
rear lower tie bar.
front prelude upper control arms
poly bushings in the front.

MessyHonda
10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
4 g accord rear bar? any bigger? if so would the v6 or the wagon ones fit?

yup i got the progress suspension 22mm rear sway bar in with the help of picopop