PDA

View Full Version : Dash, Dash lights, clock, turn signal all not working?

Josh89accord
09-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this forum, but I have been reading up on these Honda Accords and cannot figure out my problem. I have a '89 Honda Accord LXi Type R. I just put a new motor in the thing, and everything worked except for my fuel gauge and speedo after the install. I didn't know why, but yeah? Now after driving it for a while, nothing works. Clock, nothing on the dash works, and for some odd reason, my turn signals went out. I'm thinking short or bad connections in the dash. Is there anything you guys would do? I have checked fuses, but maybe I over-Iooked one.

Thanks,
Josh

ghettogeddy
09-06-2008, 10:37 AM
first off no such thing as a 3rd gen type r

second pull the gauge cluster and see if the harness is still connected

also go through all your fuses with a fuse tester and make sure there all good
sometimes even if they look good they can be ba d

after that check all fuse locations with a test light and make sure your getting power to each fuse

Josh89accord
09-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Hmm, Maybe the previous owner/s put it on there? I didn't know. And I'm at work right now, I have another hour before I can get home... I really wanna work on this thing!

ghettogeddy
09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Hmm, Maybe the previous owner/s put it on there? I didn't know. And I'm at work right now, I have another hour before I can get home... I really wanna work on this thing!

ya def no such thing as a type r 3rd gen i wold take it off asap lol

or you will get flammed hard for it

def pull the gauges and see if its plugged in

does the radio work

also for the turn signals
i belive there is a turn signal control box that might be unpluged or bad

Josh89accord
09-06-2008, 10:49 AM
The radio does work, Its an aftermarket pioneer. I have subs and an amp hooked up also. And the gauge cluster is located in the steering column?

Pico
09-06-2008, 10:57 AM
And the gauge cluster is located in the steering column?

Here's the Gauge Cluster, behind it is where the Harness's are plugged in.
Just check to see if any are loose or unplugged.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/2008/GlowGauges7.jpg

lostforawhile
09-06-2008, 12:50 PM
see if your back up lights work,if they don't it's a fuse,they are on the same fuse as the turn signals and the other stuff thats not working.

Josh89accord
09-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the info, would you happen to know the fuse #?

Josh89accord
09-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Ok, Went and checked the fuse and got the tach, clock, turn signals and reverse lights to wrk. I haven't took the gauge cluster off, doing that tomorrow... But the speedo, fuel gauge, lights on the gauge and heat sensor isn't working. I know why the heat sensor isn't working, I don't have the 2 plugs (If anyone has them or knows where to get them, LMK!)