PDA

View Full Version : paint the accord again lawl

Civic Accord Honda
09-07-2008, 08:18 PM
ok im probably going to get flamed but im used to that :P

ok im tierd of my car being a million diffrent colors and decided its time for another cheap paint job $100 or under i dont really wanna go to macco since id rather put that money in to my engine im rebuilding for it and it does not need to be perfect just better then how it is now

ok i could go with a white spray paint job fully buffed and clear coated and doing it proper so i take my time and everything ( my last white paint job came out very good were i buffed and clear coated it just never got finished)

or i could go with a quick flat black and no clear coat

heres a pic for yall who have not seen how it looks now

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1988-Honda-Accord-LX-i/Resurrected-2/7-24-08/HPIM5912Large.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1988-Honda-Accord-LX-i/Resurrected-2/photoshoot/HPIM5429Large.jpg

plesse no going off topic .

labeledsk8r
09-07-2008, 08:26 PM
go flat black, but STILL TAKE YOUR TIME, take everytihng off like trim and such and i mean all of it,, whatever you cant get off MASK. dont get it on the intior like last time or on the tails or glass thinking you can sand it off later.. thats being dumb... just doing flat black correctly should cost aruond 100 ish for paint, masking tapes, plastic bags, and other painting suplies

forrest89sei
09-07-2008, 08:28 PM
#1, Fix the problems with the car then worry about how it looks
#2, sand off the crap and pick up some REAL Automotive primer, then paint and do it right

Civic Accord Honda
09-07-2008, 08:31 PM
go flat black, but STILL TAKE YOUR TIME, take everytihng off like trim and such and i mean all of it,, whatever you cant get off MASK. dont get it on the intior like last time or on the tails or glass thinking you can sand it off later.. thats being dumb... just doing flat black correctly should cost aruond 100 ish for paint, masking tapes, plastic bags, and other painting suplies
yeah i plan to use masking tape and masking everything that cant be removed
and im going to shave the door moldings :)

Civic Accord Honda
09-07-2008, 08:35 PM
#2, sand off the crap and pick up some REAL Automotive primer, then paint and do it right
im in the processes of fixing the other stuff but wont be able to paint it at my grandmas so wanna work on that since i have it in a garage now lol
but i will be getting brake pads and maybe a caliper rebuild kit if mine are bad :)

Civic Accord Honda
09-08-2008, 03:40 PM
only 4 votes? come one ppl vote lolz

and its not like the car is going to stay a peace a of donkey poo its getting a rebuilt engine and a lude si trans tokico shocks and sprint springs and new bushings etc :)

LX-incredible
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM

Word. Do this first and then paint hot pink.

Civic Accord Honda
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
haha hot pink ftl!

AccordB20A
09-08-2008, 05:05 PM
i went for the black. white would have been good and easy to paint but yeah

Demon1024
09-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Flat black! it'll look better with your interior than white imo

LX-incredible
09-08-2008, 05:20 PM
haha hot pink ftl!

It's the only color that's impossible to mess up... the worse it looks, the more of a joke it is.

I would get a cheap macco paint job or something for whatever color you go with. Rattle can just looks hokey, no matter who lays it on.

86ccord
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
alright.. go get you a cheap REAL paint gun. gravity feed or just the standard bottom feed. anyways.. learn how to mix primer and paint.. and then go for it. just take your time and google and READ alot! and get pointers and just try to teach yourself. i love doing bodywork and painting.. i love it.. its just really time consuming.. just think. take your time and it will look good. and if you feel like doing a half ass job then stop the body work and call it a day. LOL but yeah..

Civic Accord Honda
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
hmm problem with getting a paint gun is i herd electric ones suck and i dont have money for a air compresser =/ also there is no place to really paint it with a spray gun

well i decided since im doing all this body work it would be a shame to just rattel can it =/ sooooooooooooooooooooooo

im going to call some paint shops for prices so i know how much i have to save up
ether just artic white or artic white with silver flake :)

also going to see how much it would run to have no qutar panels installed :)

2oodoor
09-09-2008, 03:31 AM
tractor supply, they have tractor paint about 9 dollars a gallon. You can get a quality brush, no cheapo shit, and brush that paint on. It flows out nicely and you cant see brush marks at all.
Im not voting cuz I dont like any of the choices so....

86ccord
09-09-2008, 03:53 AM
tractor supply, they have tractor paint about 9 dollars a gallon. You can get a quality brush, no cheapo shit, and brush that paint on. It flows out nicely and you cant see brush marks at all.
Im not voting cuz I dont like any of the choices so....

yeah i work at tractor supply and we do sell the primer and gallons of tractor, truck and trailer paint. for pretty dern cheap. but another thing. rattle can primer is good. there is nothing wrong with rattle can primer.. it just takes alot more to cover your body and you will have to put it on thick

2ndGenGuy
09-09-2008, 08:51 AM
I didn't vote, because I think you should deal with your car how it is for now. Take the $50 you could have spent on some shitty paint and put it towards real tools so you can do the job right. Save up and get good shit. What difference does it make if it looks like its 1000 colors or one really shitty color?

mushroom_toy
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
DO the flat but do it right. Mask off everything sand with finer and finer grit. Primer 2- or 3 coats with rustoleum then 2-4 coats with flat black by rustoleum works best. If I were you Id take all the major panels like the fenders, and hood, etc off and spray them separately hanging in the air. If you do it right it will turn out like this, without the regular paint spray marks in most peoples flat jobs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/Kawasaki/DSC07856.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/Kawasaki/DSC07860.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/JubeiMunchCurry/Kawasaki/IMG_1504.jpg

A good flat job WILL show lots of dust so make sure you wash it regularly. Top pics have maybe a days worth of dust on them and bottom is right after a good cleaning.

Civic Accord Honda
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
I didn't vote, because I think you should deal with your car how it is for now. Take the $50 you could have spent on some shitty paint and put it towards real tools so you can do the job right. Save up and get good shit. What difference does it make if it looks like its 1000 colors or one really shitty color?

lol true thats why im waiting to get it repainted by pros once i get the new engine and all that stuff taking care of. im just doing some body work on it since i have primer and sand papre allready and dont have anything else to do at the moment lol

but yeah i think ill buy a engine stand insted of spray paint :)

A18A
09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah fix the rest of the car first