PDA

View Full Version : cleaning up the frontend

cameron7710
09-08-2008, 08:20 PM
so on sunday and me and my brother (juggalo88accord) went to pullapart to look for a oil pan for his accord and we ended up with a new side marker,new headlight trim pieces and a nice new valve cover off a lxi that will look alot better than the carb one on our accord now. but once we got home and got the new side marker and trim pieces on we ended up taking them off and painting them and the grill and then my brother went and nightshaded the blinkers to make them look better cause ones off a 86-87.it was like that when we got it so now they match better tho we still need to get the right one off a 88 but it looks like it was rewired to get the 87 blinker to work so for know this is what we did. we also need to get a new grill piece for the hood cause its missing a chunk but it looks about better black.now for the pics

befor:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s16/cameron_holey/PIC00044.jpg

after:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s16/cameron_holey/PictureorVideo011.jpg
i think the blinkers r a bit dark the driver side u cant see it to well during day but there fine at night. but the cool thing is now they light up red mostly at night and it looks really cool.

the new valve cover (should clean up nicely)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s16/cameron_holey/PictureorVideo004.jpg

the onley thing about goin to the junk yard is we didnt get the oil pan we went there for:uh:. all the pans had a thing on them like there was a hole put in them than puged up so we wernt to sure about them.

Civic Accord Honda
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
looks pretty good

should ditch that front plate or move it to the side and i might have that light bulb socket that u need if u have the light casing ill check to see if i still have it if u want

MessyHonda
09-11-2008, 09:08 AM
yeah doesnt look bad...when i did my oil pan i used a OEM honda gasket and a oil pan off my other motor...so far it works fine.

greentee76
09-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Front end look real good.
Yeah the bastards at the yard here use that same tool to drain the oil that leaves a rubber plug in the hole. I wasn't too happy when I got my engine from there as I thought "cool a new pan with no dents in it" only to find that damn rubber plug. grrr.

86ccord
09-12-2008, 05:26 AM
so, your front turn signals.. you sprayed them with spray paint.. or what?

A18A
09-12-2008, 06:00 AM
not bad

Juggalo88Accord
09-12-2008, 11:19 AM
so, your front turn signals.. you sprayed them with spray paint.. or what?

i used VHT Niteshade its pretty much tint in a rattle can light can still come through it an all that. it says on tha can though more than 3 coats is illegal

Juggalo88Accord
09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
looks pretty good

should ditch that front plate or move it to the side and i might have that light bulb socket that u need if u have the light casing ill check to see if i still have it if u want

Thanx Homie that would help alot

86ccord
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
i used VHT Niteshade its pretty much tint in a rattle can light can still come through it an all that. it says on tha can though more than 3 coats is illegal

oh alright.. thanks i think i may go get some.. you got it from local parts store or what?

how many coats you use?

Juggalo88Accord
09-12-2008, 02:44 PM
oh alright.. thanks i think i may go get some.. you got it from local parts store or what?

how many coats you use?

I got mine on ebay im not sure if tha parts store would have it or not if you type Nite-shade into google youl find alota online stores with it. I Put on 3 thick coats then 4 coats of clearcoat wich darkend it a good amount.

Civic Accord Honda
10-25-2008, 09:29 PM
sup man i found a bulb socket that should work just fine pay shipping and its yours