PDA

View Full Version : sorry to do this as my first post...

sedanman
09-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I've been searching like crazy and i was reading on here the other night and i found a thread about what headers will fit on my 86LX-i... from newer civics i think it was...

i found more than a couple threads... but none covering that info... and it's making me mad... lol

like this one...
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63

and this one...
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53789

so im not a newb to the whole "search button" concept... i learned that lesson on feoa.net... i'm hoping the people on here will be as "not-newb-bashing-willing-to-help-me-out-or-at-least-point-me-in-the-right-direction" as they were there when i first showed up.

if i'm wrong, tell me so, don't cooommmpletely flame me...plz? lol

2oodoor
09-09-2008, 01:46 PM
No headers from any Civic will fit, however there are some catback exhausts that may fit with modification.
Pacesetter headers are still easy to get for the A20xx engine in these cars.

snoopyloopy
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
i know there are a couple of sets of dc headers floating around the trading post as well...

ghettogeddy
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
just buy pacesetters there still available for our cars may be a lil more expensive then the chepo civic but none of the civic ones will fit anyways lol

http://www.google.com/products?q=86-89+accord+pacesetter+headers&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

take your pick

nswst8
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
The paceshitter will have to be modified. But otherwise it will be a good choice only choice unless you can find a DC header, I have one but won't let it go for less than $500 on second thought I'm not letting it go at all.

Last time I let one go it wasn't appreciated.

2oodoor
09-09-2008, 02:29 PM
I hear ya, not appreciated... im curious now.

why would a paceshetarrrr need modification? O2 bungs, too many?

ghettogeddy
09-09-2008, 02:39 PM
I hear ya, not appreciated... im curious now.

why would a paceshetarrrr need modification? O2 bungs, too many?

only thing i can think of is the egr pipe thats not used you can use a 5 speed tranny fill bolt its on the side and if you use one o2 just seal the other hole with an old used o2

nswst8
09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
The ball and socket joint just before the cat, squeals like a banshee.

lostforawhile
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
The ball and socket joint just before the cat, squeals like a banshee.
al you have to do is weld in a flange and get a generic flex coupling to go in there like factory.

Pico
09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
another option is to cut a notch in the frame right where the down pipe starts to bend.
But I'd do what lost suggested, that's how my pacesetter is done

sedanman
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
i know pacesetter's are "readily available" but i heard some pretty negative things about their welding ability. One of the only reasons i have avoided ordering one... Is this true? and as far as putting a bolt in an EGR bung, that is nothing close to "modify" lol i was thinking re welding or something drastic like that...

ghettogeddy
09-10-2008, 12:25 PM
ya only people that seem to have probs are the onse that keep the pacesetter ball joints instead of going flex pipe its a lil more money but it will save you done the road
im gona run the ball joint on mine till i can afford a flex pipe

nswst8
09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
al you have to do is weld in a flange and get a generic flex coupling to go in there like factory.

I had already upgraded to a DC header. Now I would recommend to anyone to get a Pacesetter. You will have to modify the ball joint in my experience with the pacesetter. And I actually owned one.

2oodoor
09-10-2008, 02:46 PM
how does one "not appreciate" , nvm not important

Paceshredders... There was a problem with the flange to pipe welds back in the day, I dont know if that has been corrected or not. They used to need redressing and welded up then a nice port match job or reverse of that process lol .. and then they are jam up jelly tight.

ghettogeddy
09-10-2008, 02:49 PM
how does one "not appreciate" , nvm not important

Paceshredders... There was a problem with the flange to pipe welds back in the day, I dont know if that has been corrected or not. They used to need redressing and welded up then a nice port match job or reverse of that process lol .. and then they are jam up jelly tight.

sounds like some one bought one off him and did not follow through with somehting

idk how some one can not appreciate something they bought lol must be an inside joke

lostforawhile
09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't complain too much,at least they are made. it's eaisier to reweld and blend some welds then to make headders from scratch

sedanman
09-11-2008, 11:53 AM
very good point...

MessyHonda
09-13-2008, 12:20 AM
yeah..pacesetters are not too bad. i have the ceramic coated one with the factory flex and i added an extra o2 bung for an air/fuel read out.

Accordtheory
09-13-2008, 09:36 PM
The paceshitter will have to be modified. But otherwise it will be a good choice only choice unless you can find a DC header, I have one but won't let it go for less than $500 on second thought I'm not letting it go at all.

Last time I let one go it wasn't appreciated.

That's funny shit. You call it a "paceshitter", and then say it wasn't appreciated?
$500? lol. I'll sell my a20 sidewinder manifold for that right now, and that's worth about 10x what a "paceshitter' is.

A20A1
09-14-2008, 12:46 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37261

lostforawhile
09-14-2008, 08:44 AM
That's funny shit. You call it a "paceshitter", and then say it wasn't appreciated?
$500? lol. I'll sell my a20 sidewinder manifold for that right now, and that's worth about 10x what a "paceshitter' is.
I think he was referring to the dc header for 500 not the pacesetter for 500 you could buy 2 new pacesetters from summit racing

Accordtheory
09-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I think he was referring to the dc header for 500 not the pacesetter for 500 you could buy 2 new pacesetters from summit racing

Yeah, I just re read the post. But still, $500 for a header, no way..

MessyHonda
09-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I just re read the post. But still, $500 for a header, no way..

not alot of us have money...with 500 bucks you can do I/H/E if you go with the pacesetter