PDA

View Full Version : She just rolled off showroom floor

Hazwan
09-10-2008, 12:44 AM
With 23km on it lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/ullyeus/accord/roll.jpg

A18A
09-10-2008, 01:41 AM
haha cool, now you've got a extremely low mileage accord worth heaps!!

2ndGenGuy
09-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Yeah you should put it up on eBay like everybody else! Good work keeping the miles off!

Cheeseburger
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
lol u should reset ur trip millage :P

haridev
09-10-2008, 10:51 AM
hey cheeseburger......good one.... i have no idea how i missed that. hahaha....anyway, i really wonder why the 1geez had a 5 digit odometer.... did the expect them to break before it hit 100,000kms?? passimistic of them if they did...

AccordB20A
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
heaps of cars have 5 digit odometers and yeah i think its cause the cars in japan are only supposed to be used for like 5 years then they get a new one

haridev
09-10-2008, 12:37 PM
true true. the weird part is that japan always has the best specs of all cars. not only japanese cars but the old mini cooper, volkswagen, mercedes and bmws that were imported to japan have the best specs. good thing though most of them make it to my place, malaysia...hehe...and hence cool jdm parts around. the sad part is that most of the old jdm parts hv gone missing as most part importers dont keep jdm spares from old hondas. they figure it would be cheaper and easier for people to get their spares from scrapped cars from the junk yard. to me a 5 year old reject from japan would anytime be better than a 20 yr old piece of junk. lucky for me i found a shop having a few old accord spares meant for a 1g...one of the pieces that i got was the awsome tail lamp...as seen on signature....its as good as new. the p.s. pump as well came from a jdm 2g....hence the reliability.... i doubt i could get that from a 20yr old pump.

regards, dev....

and yea, singapore has the same system where 5 years (not too sure) and the car goes....cya...

Hazwan
09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
lol u should reset ur trip millage :P

I noticed that after I posted the picture lol.

I made a video but its blurry from my crappy phone :(

The problem now is, I really have no idea what the actual miles is. For a 27 years daily driven car, I really doubt its 300k. I'm the 6th owner and I know the last owner (my brother) drives a lot. More like 400k but the engine is really smooth for what it is unless its been rebuilt by previous owners.

haridev
09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
haha.... well mine clocked 300kms recently. i havent rebuilt the engine in any way and she still runs fine! no stumble and it has never not started with one kick in the mornings. furthermore she doesnt even consume any engine oil. not bad for an old engine. however i do get some smoke emitted during cold starts but it cures fast. i suspect the valve guides but i have no intention to replace them as i think it is far from being in need of a rebuild... i think hazwan and my accord shares the same genes of good health...haha... well have fun hazwan and hope to meet u during the next raya...hehe...regards, dev