PDA

View Full Version : "if"

nswst8
09-10-2008, 05:23 PM
If I would have spent as much money on the accord as I spent eating out. I'd have the sweetest ride on the road.

Should I rethink my priorities?

A18A
09-10-2008, 05:25 PM
yes!

Hazwan
09-10-2008, 05:37 PM
yes!

x2

ghettogeddy
09-10-2008, 06:10 PM
stop eating out lol stop being lazy lol we used to spend 200 300 a month eating out now we only spend 200 or so eating at home

greentee76
09-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't know about putting the money in to the Acoord, but I can tell you that I made a decision to cut out almost all away from the house eating. It doesn't seem like that much money when you are dropping 5$ on a fast quick meal. If you sit down and add it up though you see just how much it is costing you. In my case I would eat out for dinner at work nearly everyday. 5x20=100$ a month just on work meals. That of course doesn't take in to account lunch before work and any eating out on the weekends. IIRC I figured I was spend ~300$ a month on convience food. That's rediculous, but as I said it doesn't seem like much 5$ at a time.
And off topic that is nothing compared to what I spend in a month for liquor and cigarettes.:banghead:

ghettogeddy
09-10-2008, 06:16 PM
And off topic that is nothing compared to what I spend in a month for liquor and cigarettes.:banghead:

i haven't had a smoke scenes the 31st and going strong lol and haven't had a drink scenes then eather lol ive cut back quite a bit not having a job

86ccord
09-10-2008, 06:26 PM
if you were to look at my receipts.. all of them are gas, food, and Car parts..LOL

greentee76
09-10-2008, 06:45 PM
i haven't had a smoke scenes the 31st and going strong lol and haven't had a drink scenes then eather lol ive cut back quite a bit not having a job

Drastic times call for drastic measures.
Good on you for quitting smoking, keep it up. I wish the cost alone were enough of incentive for me to give them up. You are stronger willed than I sir.

nswst8
09-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Last year I spent $7200 eating out. This year I don't even want to tally the total.

When you make more you'll understand.

AccordB20A
09-10-2008, 07:05 PM
im pretty sure i fail and spend too much money on food/coke also.!!

Hauntd ca3
09-11-2008, 01:19 AM

wish i could give up
i dont like the nicotine but it likes me:D

A18A
09-11-2008, 02:48 AM
yeah every time i finish a bottle of sprite i wish I got 2.25 litres of petrol instead

2oodoor
09-11-2008, 03:49 AM
I don't know about putting the money in to the Acoord, but I can tell you that I made a decision to cut out almost all away from the house eating. It doesn't seem like that much money when you are dropping 5$ on a fast quick meal. If you sit down and add it up though you see just how much it is costing you. In my case I would eat out for dinner at work nearly everyday. 5x20=100$ a month just on work meals. That of course doesn't take in to account lunch before work and any eating out on the weekends. IIRC I figured I was spend ~300$ a month on convience food. That's rediculous, but as I said it doesn't seem like much 5$ at a time.

yep that lunch bunch shit will literally eat up your reserve cash. I cut out eating lunch at all some days, just got a case of lance crackers and a jar of honey crunchy peter pan.. lol
I will go out to eat lunch maybe twice a week, like this week I had two checkers buffallo chicken sammys for 3.00, that was almost painless. Friday I may go eat bbq .
Eating out for the family is ridiculous, sometimes it figures out cheaper sometimes not even close. Depends on what you want to eat. We went to this place called red robin, gourmet burgers, it was 50 bucks for four of us to eat frozen burgers. bump that. We coulda been just as happy with a sackfull of krystal burgers for 15 bucks. Then there is the health thing, we are trying to cut back on the sodium and trans fat stuff, that is extremely challanging.
Back to the topic, yes if I were more careful with food expenses I would have a lot more money extra but that is sooooo hard to do consistantly.

DBMaster
09-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I have found I can get by on a lot less money while I am unemployed. I think I was probably spending $150+ a month on lunches out when I was working.

An added bonus is that no matter how crappy the food you make at home is it is still probably not as bad for you as the restaurant food. I find it a lot easier to maintain a lower weight when I have most of my meals at home, too.

Lots of restaurants are hurting right now as the economy dictates that a lot of people cut back on eating out. I wonder how many more will go the way of Bennigan's before this downturn is over...

2ndGenGuy
09-11-2008, 07:29 AM
I love food. It's really hard not to eat as much as humanly possible. But spending less money on food is good for you and good for the wallet. Those $5 meals at McD's, like roodoo said, are full of nasty shit. But how I love the nasty shit, and how convenient it is to go grab a quick meal. It's a hard habit to break. I did it about a 2 years ago, went a full year without fast food or soda, and it paid off. Now it's back to the same old shit. Gotta get off it again.

Dr_Snooz
09-11-2008, 08:18 AM
When I was working the corporate grind, I made all these resolutions about cooking regularly and packing my own lunches. Ha, ha. Never happened. I finally capitulated and started buying frozen lunches from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. It was marginally cheaper, super convenient and a lot more healthy.

I don't eat fast food, so eating out was really expensive for me. I figure that whatever I save by eating fast food I'll just end up paying in bypasses and chemo in the long run, so the savings is illusory really.

2oodoor
09-11-2008, 09:05 AM
When I was working the corporate grind, I made all these resolutions about cooking regularly and packing my own lunches. Ha, ha. Never happened. I finally capitulated and started buying frozen lunches from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. It was marginally cheaper, super convenient and a lot more healthy.

I don't eat fast food, so eating out was really expensive for me. I figure that whatever I save by eating fast food I'll just end up paying in bypasses and chemo in the long run, so the savings is illusory really.

interesting perspective Doc :rockon:

I dunno what whole foods or trader joes is but when they put those "Smart ones, or Healthy choice, and Stoffers" entree trays on sale I wll stock up on them, like $2.50 each and yes they are not half bad lunches.

86ccord
09-11-2008, 11:03 AM

I dunno what whole foods or trader joes is but when they put those "Smart ones, or Healthy choice, and Stoffers" entree trays on sale I wll stock up on them, like $2.50 each and yes they are not half bad lunches.

yeah they aren't bad at all.. ill eat them..

but when im workin' i try to bring my lunch all the time.. sometimes ill forget and believe it or not ill go get a water and a snickers king size bar and it tides me over until i get home..

Dr_Snooz
09-11-2008, 06:16 PM

Oh God NOOOO!! Those are poison. Nothing but chemicals.

MessyHonda
09-13-2008, 12:30 AM
if you were to look at my receipts.. all of them are gas, food, and Car parts..LOL

same...mine is mostly gas and food.

AccordB20A
09-13-2008, 01:02 AM
yeah my moneys all petrol petrol coke coke chips burger king petrol petrol lol

ghettogeddy
09-13-2008, 01:41 AM
yep that lunch bunch shit will literally eat up your reserve cash. I cut out eating lunch at all some days, just got a case of lance crackers and a jar of honey crunchy peter pan.. lol
I will go out to eat lunch maybe twice a week, like this week I had two checkers buffallo chicken sammys for 3.00, that was almost painless. Friday I may go eat bbq .
Eating out for the family is ridiculous, sometimes it figures out cheaper sometimes not even close. Depends on what you want to eat. We went to this place called red robin, gourmet burgers, it was 50 bucks for four of us to eat frozen burgers. bump that. We coulda been just as happy with a sackfull of krystal burgers for 15 bucks. Then there is the health thing, we are trying to cut back on the sodium and trans fat stuff, that is extremely challanging.
Back to the topic, yes if I were more careful with food expenses I would have a lot more money extra but that is sooooo hard to do consistantly.

reminds me we went to this intalian place out here called mellos pizza and pasta
really really good food better then most super fast service to i think from the time we sat to the time we eat was like 15 mins max lol
but the fn bill for 3 of us was 70 lol way to much lol
i could have gotten meals for a week for us on that

Civic Accord Honda
09-13-2008, 01:56 AM
i eat to much fast food =/ and drink too many mcd mocha frappes but if i didn't i would starve to death lol

Hauntd ca3
09-13-2008, 03:54 AM
yeah my moneys all petrol petrol coke coke chips burger king petrol petrol lol

bk!, u womble!
everyone know kentucky fucked duck is food of the petrol head
i mean, how u beat two hot thighs and a greasy box?

2drSE-i
09-13-2008, 05:34 AM
i mean, how u beat two hot thighs and a greasy box?

new sig quote, thank you

While i do live in the most recession proof city in the U.S., i will tell you guys that the restaurant i work at is busier than ever. People are just tipping less. Mother fuckers....

frantik
09-13-2008, 11:08 AM

frozen food from trader joes is da bomb. food from whole foods is expensive though

im hella broke so not been eating out so much.. though In-n-out burger still gets me with their damn cheese sandwiches :D

nswst8
09-13-2008, 11:43 AM

Yeah, I stopped adding up receipts after I surpassed last years dining out totals and we are only in September.