PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Leak but Not really, ??! :P

jpetrovic
09-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok... sooo i have the whole pace setter setup header to exhaust.. instead of a cat i have a test pipe in its place.

Many of u know the sound of an exhaust leak especialy commin from the flex pipe of our cars due to the age,

soo i had my exhaust put on paid 300 to put it and have the extra plug welded on the header and they put a donut gasket in b/c the pacse setter exhaust didnt come with one... basicly they did it all. Perfect. no leaks.... Now.... the problem. It sounds like a really bad leak right under the Ebreak i can tell when i drive with the windows open. since the exhaust is NOT leaking a tech at a shop told me the test pipe could be makeing the sound eather due to it not beaing thick enough or there is too much exhaust flowing threw makeing an echo.... eather way they said it was the test pipe...

any of you guys haveing this issue with a test pipe? or could it be that the pace setter exhaust pipes or too thin causing a echoing sound thats simular to an exhaust leak???

i wana fix this its driveing me crazy... and it sounds uber bad.

Civic Accord Honda
09-10-2008, 10:18 PM
yep i got a stock exhuast with a test pipe and i noticed that too.

jpetrovic
09-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeahhh ist mostlikely the test pipe then... Idk i hope soo. but a high flow cat is Expensive.. i want a direct bolt on one. i've seen places with some but my pipe is a 2.25 inch and they dont specifiy what sizes... :/ and gettin a stock one would defeat the purpos of my whole exhaust system!!