PDA

View Full Version : street race... timing opinion

custom
09-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Race lined-up Monday morning. 86 accord 2.0T vs. ford mustang M/T with lighten pulleys, bolt-ons, intake and i think he's changing his rear-end gear on monday. would yall bump or turn down the ignition timing a few degrees?what are your out come predictions? go ahead and start clowning.... yall know the set-up.

ghettogeddy
09-13-2008, 06:24 PM
i say you loose no matter what lol sorry stangs are fast and your just not fats enough lol yet

86ccord
09-13-2008, 06:27 PM
i have no idea.. BUT how ever record the race i want to see it.. :D

custom
09-13-2008, 08:05 PM
yeah, its going on youtube

custom
09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
i say you loose no matter what lol sorry stangs are fast and your just not fats enough lol yet

you sure you have the right accord?

2ndGenGuy
09-13-2008, 08:18 PM
I say advance the fuck out of it. Just for fun. Might be a hell of an explosion. :D

russiankid
09-13-2008, 08:20 PM

Well lets face it, your Accord isn't that fast. Sure its faster than stock, but I doubt it will beat a Mustang, unless this Mustang is a 6-cylinder. You are running on stock engine management, don't expect much.

ghettogeddy
09-13-2008, 08:29 PM

ya the none intercooled turbo lol

stock 07gt's run a about 13's

custom
09-13-2008, 09:38 PM
i'm glade yall go by the book... where does it say that you need a tune an intercooler- well tune to have a reliable turbo car? really, yall been saying my shit was gone blow for a bit now and its still drivable and i punch it everyday. there are ways around certain things.

2oodoor
09-14-2008, 08:47 AM
true, more than one way to skin a cat

but, keep in mind you have only had it running a month or so correct?

I notice that no matter what mods these type cars get, the times are still hubbering in the low 15 high 14 Et. I think unless you have slicks and some serious axle work, some weight loss and a hella good timing and fuel maps done on a dyno tune.... they seldom break those times. Doesn't matter if you have 130-250 HP or more at any peak time.

Running your car set up like it is, is like having nitrous ....sure it runs out but it creates a lot of premature wear.

Oldblueaccord
09-14-2008, 04:38 PM
If you do up the timing I'd run some race gas in it for that race just to be safe.

What Ford is it? I think your running about 15 flat right according to your 1/8 mile times. I used the morso calculator online.

wp

paul
09-14-2008, 04:57 PM
If it was a bone-stock non-PI head'ed 4.6 with an auto, you might have a chance.

xxxfrankensteinxxx
09-14-2008, 05:01 PM
maybe you'll be lucky and he will blow a headgasket or something stupid like a ford would

ghettogeddy
09-14-2008, 05:02 PM
i'm glade yall go by the book... where does it say that you need a tune an intercooler- well tune to have a reliable turbo car? really, yall been saying my shit was gone blow for a bit now and its still drivable and i punch it everyday. there are ways around certain things.

nowhere but you asked if i had the right accord and i do right lol

lets face it i know nothing about turbos other then what i see and from what ive seen, ive never seen a turbo with out a intercooler even the stock svo mustangs with the 4cyl turbos had an intercooler

were just looking out for you we dont want you to come on here and be like oh its gone lol

also no one seems to respond to the fact that your street racing lol whats wrong with the track

hate to see all your work go away cause the pigs towed it away

Rendon LX-i
09-14-2008, 06:36 PM

lets face it i know nothing about turbos other then what i see and from what ive seen, ive never seen a turbo with out a intercooler even the stock svo mustangs with the 4cyl turbos had an intercooler

were just looking out for you we dont want you to come on here and be like oh its gone lol

also no one seems to respond to the fact that your street racing lol whats wrong with the track

I agree with ghetto man take it easy lol

custom
09-16-2008, 07:37 PM
not alot of people viewed or responded to any of the 3rd gen accord buddy? for one its not as popular as the civic or any other car that performance parts are just right around the corner. and my set is for me and my likings. i know the right people to answer my questions ,and plus majority of the people on this forum don't know how to rebuild their own engine. so those cant talk unless they willing to race. i still have plenty of potential in my car. REMEMBER this set was for those who were interested. put $500 your car to knock a 3secs.

the mustang is a V6 94. exhaust, lighten pulleys, short shifter, intake. he postpone the race till thursday he feels though he needs 150 shot nos to beat me. but the thing is, he dont work on his own shit so will see if hell give me something or take the nos off and ill give him the break.

custom
09-16-2008, 07:41 PM

come on... you should know then if you assume that the combustion is too hot what do you do????? their are ways around the intercooler. and i plan on getting one. tell then what would you complain/brag about me not having then?

Oldblueaccord
09-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Custom why dont you take it to the track? Peidmont says they have no problem with grudge races. Go 2 out or 3 in case you blow your launches and make it worth his NOS cost.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4667226&an=0&page=0#Post4667226blem

wp

ghettogeddy
09-18-2008, 07:04 PM
come on... you should know then if you assume that the combustion is too hot what do you do????? their are ways around the intercooler. and i plan on getting one. tell then what would you complain/brag about me not having then?

underwear cause your asshole is showing

and as far as the mustang being a v6 you might actually be able to take it those things are slugish as hell

russiankid
09-18-2008, 07:10 PM
It may be true that a lot of the people on this forum can't build their own engines. However, I did not see you build your own engine. Sure you pulled the head off, I can do that, it may take me some time but I know how its done. Even CAH(DarkAccord) can pull a head off. You should clarify what is your interpretation of building an engine. I see it as pulling the engine completely apart, replacing pistons, rings, bearings, boring out the cylinders, head work, all new hoses seals and things of that nature.

How are you not running an intercooler? Honestly I have never seen a turbo setup without one. Do tell.

Good luck with the race. Since it is a V6 Mustang you will probably beat it. They are slow.

xxxfrankensteinxxx
09-18-2008, 07:21 PM
oh a v6 no wonder why he wants nos, this will be very interesting, nos eating away a crappy v6 engine yummie

custom
09-18-2008, 07:52 PM
that mustang was full of shit... all are. he scared to come out and play, turns out he wasn't getting nos. believe me im very upset about it. i raced a vr6 at night which is on their now...i know i max out the speedometer and then some.

and russiankid -its pretty obvious... if you can redo as much as i did to the engine, as far as i'm concerned. you can rebuild a engine. anybody nows that you have no business cracking open a block if you cant put it back together. really look at the video THE PISTONS ARE OUT. your a kid....

Civic Accord Honda
09-18-2008, 08:20 PM
i doubt you have a chance

maybe you'll be lucky and he will blow a headgasket or something stupid like a ford would :tongue:

underwear cause your asshole is showing

haha word!

labeledsk8r
09-18-2008, 10:21 PM
V6 mustangs are crap, still dont know the outcome till you race though..

on the note of your car.. yes some people are saying your setup sucks that have never taken a motor apart or worked on turbo systems... but i do recall almost every turbo accord owner on here commenting on your lack of control in your other thread, your motor hasnt blown up yet becuse well the A20 can take a real beating, but i will more then bet if you did a compresion test on that "rebuilt" engine it will not show as high of numbers as it did.. im truely shcked nothing has broke yet on it, that setup must get extremly hot, added to the fact you dont have any type of time to let the car idle after you shut it down is just begging for problems. FMIC's are cheep and cheeper if you pic up a used one, why screw up all the work you did becuse your to proud of your crap setup now

russiankid
09-19-2008, 10:25 AM
that mustang was full of shit... all are. he scared to come out and play, turns out he wasn't getting nos. believe me im very upset about it. i raced a vr6 at night which is on their now...i know i max out the speedometer and then some.

and russiankid -its pretty obvious... if you can redo as much as i did to the engine, as far as i'm concerned. you can rebuild a engine. anybody nows that you have no business cracking open a block if you cant put it back together. really look at the video THE PISTONS ARE OUT. your a kid....

Just because I have "kid" in my screenname that does not mean I am a kid. I am not an idiot when it comes to cars. I have torn apart a lot of things on a 3gen accord, and for some strange reason it still drives like a beauty today. And what video should I be looking at? And what have you redone to the engine? What I don't understand is how you are saying you have redone so much to the engine, yet you still are running on stock engine management. I am not well knowledged on boost, but I do know that you need to upgrade your engine management if you want the engine to last. Not to mention you aren't running and FMIC or a turbo timer.

So before you call me a kid think again. If I was a kid I wouldn't have two cars that I know how to take apart.

Rendon LX-i
09-19-2008, 11:19 AM
not alot of people viewed or responded to any of the 3rd gen accord buddy? for one its not as popular as the civic or any other car that performance parts are just right around the corner. and my set is for me and my likings. i know the right people to answer my questions ,and plus majority of the people on this forum don't know how to rebuild their own engine. so those cant talk unless they willing to race. i still have plenty of potential in my car. REMEMBER this set was for those who were interested. put $500 your car to knock a 3secs.

the mustang is a V6 94. exhaust, lighten pulleys, short shifter, intake. he postpone the race till thursday he feels though he needs 150 shot nos to beat me. but the thing is, he dont work on his own shit so will see if hell give me something or take the nos off and ill give him the break.

My accord was trashed when i got it...no wheels no nothing...i built the a20 and has been running strong for 6 good years homeboi....I didnt know this fourm when i rebuild my accord till 04. LOL ill race you now even thou you got turbo. i will give you one hell of a fucking race...i beat b16 with my setup and d series so chill....dont dig your self in a hole. WHERE TRYING TO HELP YOUR ASS OUT IF YOUR NEGATIVE THEN FUCK YOU. Im done your to fucking hard headed you just dont listen...Half the crew on here knows there shit. we telling you by are expreance....w/e blow your shit up lol....race it all you want lol...later THats my Big o2 cents:nuts:

ghettogeddy
09-19-2008, 11:26 AM
its all good folks ill just buy his car when it gets impounded for street racing

Rendon LX-i
09-19-2008, 11:32 AM
lol

chowder
09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
its all good folks ill just buy his car when it gets impounded for street racing

hahaha good one

custom
09-21-2008, 03:53 PM
yeah good one... well rendon LXI roxboro or piedmont raceway take your pick.dont bring it up if you wont come down.

custom
09-21-2008, 03:57 PM

for a crap set-up already got one potential buyer

ghettogeddy
09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
yeah good one... well rendon LXI roxboro or piedmont raceway take your pick.dont bring it up if you wont come down.

ya it was a good one continue your street racing and it could be reality

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
yeah, its going on youtube

LIke this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBpxNqJlmVg&feature=related:kekeke:

custom
09-21-2008, 04:03 PM
ya it was a good one continue your street racing and it could be reality

did you quote the right one?

ghettogeddy
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
did you quote the right one?

ya pritty sure unless your talking about something else lol

chowder quoted me and you responded to him so i quoted that

custom
09-21-2008, 04:36 PM
i aint on here to argue. so what ever shit talk yall started yall can finish on your own. its kinda messup that some ppls set up that i admire seemed kinda nice and are some of the main ones downing someone. and i actually wrote them something saying that. "on here to help and look out" yeah....

ghettogeddy
09-21-2008, 04:45 PM
i aint on here to argue. so what ever shit talk yall started yall can finish on your own. its kinda messup that some ppls set up that i admire seemed kinda nice and are some of the main ones downing someone. and i actually wrote them something saying that. "on here to help and look out" yeah....

no one started talking shit till you did we all were looking out for you asking why you dont have a front mount or any ic for that matter and you took it like we were talking shit we dont want to see another car go to shit if you think it wont explane why
ive only seen a hand full of post on the net i googled it
about runnign with out a ic
and most said if you keep it under 5 lbs your ok
but still then
your taking in hot air
your not getting the full potentual out of the setup

it was all constructive criticism if you cant handle even that i dont knwo what to tell you

as far as the street racing goes its just dumb and immature you started off on the track stay there

im done with this thread and hope it gets locked

so ibtl

Rendon LX-i
09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
DAMN STRAIGHT lol....

TWOLOUDNPROUD
09-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Lock This Thread Up

codyJDM
09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
lock This Thread Up

x2

Perfect waste of a good motor. I give it a few more weeks. Going straight is dumb anyway.

OldSkoolA20accord
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
the jdm 12a rotary rx7 engines were carbed and running non-intercooled turbo setups.

You get more power out of an intercooled turbo set up because hotter air expands and your really not getting all that much air. or so ive heard.

how much boost?

kyaccord
09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
dont make me bring out the 79 pinto. you dont wanna race that!!!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/ncron1103/1978_ford_pinto_cover.jpg

2oodoor
09-23-2008, 04:43 AM
dont make me bring out the 79 pinto. you dont wanna race that!!!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/ncron1103/1978_ford_pinto_cover.jpg

matching haircuts ! FTL
ahh the sevanties , hey been a while since I seen a Pinto, last time I saw one it had a 460 BB in it