PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Control Problem after 5sp swap

Timaculent
09-14-2008, 04:35 AM
I swapped my transmission from auto to 5 sp and now for some reason my cruise control doesn't work

I was thinking that it must have been the wires that tell what gear the vehicle is in but I am not sure.

I joined the 2 starter wires and also the wires that all me to take out the key from the ignition.

What wire am I missing and didn't connect?

Civic Accord Honda
09-14-2008, 04:49 AM
should weight reduct the crust control (Y)

A18A
09-14-2008, 04:50 AM
x2 you

Timaculent
09-14-2008, 04:55 AM
I"m not really about racing. I like cruising. Has anyone done a 5 sp swap, wanted to keep the cruise control and had this problem. I know that something is up because my remote start stopped working as well.

2oodoor
09-14-2008, 02:10 PM
probably two different issues, your starter wiring most likely affected the remote start. the CC could be affected by any number of things.
Clutch pedal change over, brake light switch circuit, neutral safety circuit, you may want to get the DL manual and look at the schematcs to backtrack what you may have unplugged or need to connect.

ghettogeddy
09-14-2008, 02:13 PM
there is a wire on the remote start that can tell if the car is in park you may have to bypass it

BITESIZE
09-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I never could get my cruise control to work aftr the 5 speed swap.

lostforawhile
09-14-2008, 04:37 PM
you shouldn't be using the remote start on a manual transmission. it's too dangerous. the car has no way to tell the remote start it's not in gear. also your tranny should always be in gear and the parking brake set,remember it doesn't have a parking pawl like an auto. the wire that tells the cruise that the tranny is in park,is the same wire that goes to the clutch pedal switch,from looking at the schematic thats the only difference. on my diagram it shows the wire split off for either the clutch pedal switch or the tranny switch. and my is everyone ditching the cruise? it doesn't weigh that much.

ghettogeddy
09-14-2008, 05:04 PM
you shouldn't be using the remote start on a manual transmission. it's too dangerous. the car has no way to tell the remote start it's not in gear. also your tranny should always be in gear and the parking brake set,remember it doesn't have a parking pawl like an auto. the wire that tells the cruise that the tranny is in park,is the same wire that goes to the clutch pedal switch,from looking at the schematic thats the only difference. on my diagram it shows the wire split off for either the clutch pedal switch or the tranny switch. and my is everyone ditching the cruise? it doesn't weigh that much.

i leave my car in neutral all the time hell i wish i had remote start lol
but i need power locks first

Dr_Snooz
09-14-2008, 07:39 PM
but i need power locks first

Yeah, let me know how you end up getting that one to work.

BITESIZE
09-16-2008, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=lostforawhile;899732] on my diagram it shows the wire split off for either the clutch pedal switch or the tranny switch. [QUOTE]

What color is the wire and where is it?

lostforawhile
09-17-2008, 01:21 PM
i'll look it up as soon as i find my book

lostforawhile
09-17-2008, 01:30 PM
ok the pink wire needs to be grounded,with the clutch pedal switch,if it breaks the ground by pushing the pedal, it turns off the cruise unit. in an automatic car,putting the car in any gear other then the forward drive gears breaks the circuit. the wire must be grounded for it to work.

lostforawhile
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
I swapped my transmission from auto to 5 sp and now for some reason my cruise control doesn't work

I was thinking that it must have been the wires that tell what gear the vehicle is in but I am not sure.

I joined the 2 starter wires and also the wires that all me to take out the key from the ignition.

What wire am I missing and didn't connect? pm me your address and i'll mail you some photo copies of the cruise control section from my chiltons, it has a very comprehensive section on repair and diagnostics on the system. my scanner isn't clear enough to scan the fine print.

A18A
09-17-2008, 03:16 PM
ok the pink wire needs to be grounded,with the clutch pedal switch,if it breaks the ground by pushing the pedal, it turns off the cruise unit. in an automatic car,putting the car in any gear other then the forward drive gears breaks the circuit. the wire must be grounded for it to work.

cool, thanks :)

ghettogeddy
09-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Yeah, let me know how you end up getting that one to work.

i can do it just havent had the money to do it lol its actually real easy

2 actuators 2 switches and a power source lol

then i have a lil ell chepo alarm im gona hook up for keyless entry

Timaculent
09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
You guys are freaking awesome.

Ok I know that the remote start is dangerous but I dont park in gear. Its now working perfectly.

You guys have also answered my question to the cruise control. So all i need to do now is ground the pink wire. Thanks guys

russiankid
09-17-2008, 05:37 PM
If that doesn't work make sure you connected the clutch switch. If you didn't, then the cruise control will think the clutch is depressed.

Timaculent
09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
no i did the clutch switch already it was hanging there (the connection i mean) and when i did the swap i realized where it went. now I have two automatic transmissions up for grabs.

lostforawhile
09-18-2008, 02:33 AM
You guys are freaking awesome.

Ok I know that the remote start is dangerous but I dont park in gear. Its now working perfectly.

You guys have also answered my question to the cruise control. So all i need to do now is ground the pink wire. Thanks guys
you need to connect it to the clutch switch. it's so if you push the clutch the cruise disconnects. i believe one wire from the switch goes to ground and the other to the pink wire

A18A
09-18-2008, 03:35 AM
yeah, only problem you will have is when in cruise control and you press your clutch in, the engine will just rev high lol, touching the brake pedal will(/should) turn it off though