PDA

View Full Version : what turbo on a b20 ?

whiteboy
09-24-2002, 12:45 PM
hey
i want to start buying parts for this swap, b20b block, b16 head, b16 or b18 trans. Turboed. Now what turbo do i want to buy to run it on stock internals ? How much boost can this combo handle before i have to start beefing up the engine ? If everything but the turbo is stock what else do i need ? Do t3's have built in wastegates or BOV's ? any help on this is appreciated, this is the engine i am DEF goin with so dont tlak abotu a b16 or ls pos please. thanks guys

Jordan

smufguy
09-25-2002, 11:38 AM
you forgot one thing, pistons. they are the most important one. u can run forged pistons on a 9.1:1 ratio (like stock carbs) or bright it lower 8:1 and have more boost on it. the best guy u can talk to is MIke (88turbo accord) cause as far as i know, he is the only guy in this forum who has a runnging 3g with turbo. there was another dude, i forgot his name, who had a completely reuilt B20 with a turbo. But i dont think he is here anymore but do check out maket place for his thread to contact him or something.

just one piece of advice if u may, it would be better if u have a larger displacement engine like a B20 instead of a B16 or a B18 due to their lower displacement.

whiteboy
09-25-2002, 12:13 PM
hey
ye ai know about the engine, if ya read the thread again it says B20 with a b16 HEAD, im not playin minor leagues anymore lol. But yea i was think ITR pistons with crower rods, as soon as my comp gets back from the shop i'll look up someone who knows whaty they talk about, of ye aand this is for a B20Z block, not B20A thanks

Jordan

anyoen else got a opinion ?

quagmire
09-25-2002, 12:32 PM
You should probably check out Energy Dynamics' website. They've been building motors for longer than I've been alive. Anyway they've done a lot of Honda building and have some pretty useful B-series tech, along with hard parts for the B-series.

http://www.theoldone.com/articles/

As far as the turbo goes, a Mitsubishi TE04 or TD04, some form of T3 or T4, or a hybrid of the above should work. Check out some of the turbo manufacturers websites and on Google for turbo info.

madmod89lxi
10-05-2002, 09:59 PM
i got a 18 ls teg motor in my 3g with a t3 turbo i just today got it running and it was building 14 psi on dyno (chassie) at friend shop in next few days hoping 4 250 at wheels i got a msd boost varieable timming and vortec 8 to 1 with sx feul pump cower mad me cams when it was in my integ. im going t have new ones built though 4 weight and final drive ratio changes in 3g

night
10-06-2002, 09:31 AM
if you want turbo dont waste time and money putting a VTEC head on it.
and you want an LS tranny