PDA

View Full Version : Cold start issue?

codyJDM
09-16-2008, 08:02 AM
I just kinda noticed it, but my car revs super high on a cold start(finally just starting cooling down in TX) It went close to 2k today when I started it up to leave for school. Is that normal? lmk thanks guys.

Toneloc5145
09-16-2008, 08:29 AM
I just kinda noticed it, but my car revs super high on a cold start(finally just starting cooling down in TX) It went close to 2k today when I started it up to leave for school. Is that normal? lmk thanks guys.

Normal. I don't think your car is carb'd but mine is, and mine gets near 3,000 if I let it sit there and warm up itself.

codyJDM
09-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Normal. I don't think your car is carb'd but mine is, and mine gets near 3,000 if I let it sit there and warm up itself.

Okay cool. My car is FI, and it went to 1800 or so. I bought it right when it got hot so I've never had a chance to see it cold start until recently.

Thanks man :thumbup:

Oldblueaccord
09-16-2008, 08:41 AM
Its ok. Mine was higher then that for quite a while when I bought it but I adjusted the fast idle valve down a little to keep it around 1500. Its fine for this area it never gets below 0 or anything.

The fast idle valve is located on the back of the TB. There some 2 philips screws take the cap off and you can turn the plastic plunger with a quarter. I sprayed some lube down it before I turned it. I think I went tighter (down) but I cant remember its prolly been 10 years.

wp