PDA

View Full Version : hello to everyone!!

81vintyminty
09-16-2008, 08:04 PM
ok so i have checked this site out for a few years now and finally decided to be member!! i purchased my 1981 accord 4dr in 2003 strickly as transportation for $350.00.. i fell in love with it and it has been a slow work in progress ever since(and my daily driver). almost everything has been rebuilt,replaced,or reworked in some way..drivetrain,int,body,wheels...etc... i LOVE my classic honda, its a blast to work on and rewind the hands of time making it better than before.. finding clean vintage parts for it is also fun( i found a clean set of oem 1981 accord floor mats last week and i was stoked on the find and purchase!! my girl was like WTF. just like the time i bought a complete accord from pick a part just for the rediculously clean interior. ) ..but its nice to know people on here will love and appreciate as i do.. i will try to get a good camera and take some more current and clear pics..

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x143/BdiESEL909/45016.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x143/BdiESEL909/45017.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x143/BdiESEL909/45018.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x143/BdiESEL909/45019.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x143/BdiESEL909/45021.jpg
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x143/BdiESEL909/45022.jpg

Dr_Snooz
09-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Welcome! You'll love it here.

A18A
09-16-2008, 08:34 PM
wow!, I love it!!!. theres a lot of pre 3rd genners joining up lately :D

Pico
09-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow...you have one very clean Accord.

ghettogeddy
09-16-2008, 08:39 PM
lets see some distance shoots looks very sexy though

codyJDM
09-16-2008, 09:02 PM
JDM tyte y0!!

Looks sick man. Welcome to the board. You'll feel right at home.

Ooh and is that a DA I see in the back? Carbon fiber? Pics? :D

LxAcc510
09-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Wow...you have one very clean Accord.

+1

Seriously. Love that fucking steering wheel. Love those fuckin Rims. I've been wanting those for my 3g. And DAMN look at that mileage. AND that paint. AND those yellow highbeams. I think those are highbeams. I'm just guessing. I know jack and shit about 1g'z Anywho. It's official. Your car is my favorite 1g

2ndGenGuy
09-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Man that thing looks rad!!! Nice work!!! I like the black between the taillights. Looks good. And the wheels are pretty sweet, nice dish. Love the Nardi wheel too. Very classy. Did you do a 4x100 conversion? Or did you get 4x120 wheels? How did you get those on there? Also, how did you lower the car? Did you find springs or did you have to chop those ones down? Damn that thing is so fresh and clean. Are you taking it to the classic Japanese car show in October?

Hazwan
09-16-2008, 09:09 PM
OMG SEXY AS FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post more pics!!!!! Please??!

Those tails are sex!

Civic Accord Honda
09-16-2008, 09:10 PM
wow......... that is a very beautiful accord :bow:

knarg
09-16-2008, 09:27 PM
wow that looks awesome

vipspiffy
09-16-2008, 10:12 PM
WOW! your car is an inspiration. and yes you must go to jccs next month!

AndrewSi
09-16-2008, 10:34 PM
diggin it! first thing that came to mind was gumby dont know why lol i guess its the color

Civic Accord Honda
09-17-2008, 01:59 AM
diggin it! first thing that came to mind was gumby dont know why lol i guess its the color
omg ! that ran thu my mind too haha
gumby ftw http://www.peterpost.net/art/gumby.jpg

haridev
09-17-2008, 05:04 AM
dude, love your car man. i know you'l enjoy yourself on 1geez. its an amazing site with lot of friends. as for your car, love your steering wheel and body colour. truely and amazing restoration job. also neat that you decided to shave the belt trim on the doors and around the trunk. its cool. i noticed that your metering is in mph/kmh and has lots of extras. i'm guessing the car is an automatic with power steering? good luck and regards, dev

and yeah, welcome to 1geez.com

Dr_Snooz
09-17-2008, 06:09 AM
Okay, now that you got the good pics up, I can only say WOW! Your car is awesome! Very tastefully done. I really dig it.

Welcome again!

2ndGenGuy
09-17-2008, 07:54 AM
It's definitely a 5-speed. No gear selector indicator inside the tach. I didn't notice the shaved moldings either... Looks awesome!

2oodoor
09-17-2008, 08:14 AM
welcome!
what is the offset on those wheells?
Did you get the valve cover paint from 2ndGenGuy? LOL looks minty

carotman
09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
Wow

Very nice 1st gen.

Rendon LX-i
09-17-2008, 09:36 AM
wow....pure jdm yo lol...its clean as hell. good job dude

edison
09-17-2008, 11:19 AM
first of all,welcome.
second,i just love your car,specially the wheels and that steering looks great.
congratulations.:thumbup:

79cord
09-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Wow.
lovely

Those wheels & tyres look so tight -in fit -looks great with that ride height.
Lots of work evident everywhere.

Yes more details (how big, how low), & some distance and historical shots for perspective.

greentee76
09-17-2008, 02:14 PM
That is Beautiful man!
I understand what you are saying about the GF having no appreciation for what you are doing there. Very few people seem to.
Luckily you found the place where all the people with the same sickness hang out.
Welcome.

JOSEAMOY
09-17-2008, 02:31 PM
very nice!!!!!! please photos on its side

SZfiftyfour
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Nice ride! AOM worthy
Man i want one so bad. Seen one that same color for sale on the roadside once. I didnt act fast enough :(

81vintyminty
09-17-2008, 07:16 PM
WOW! your car is an inspiration. and yes you must go to jccs next month!

thnx, glad to run into people who love the 1st gen also!! i was gonna go to the show, but i really want to finish the trunk to oem, and re-do my rims.

81vintyminty
09-17-2008, 07:18 PM
very nice!!!!!! please photos on its side

thnk you.. im going to try and take some more pics this weekend with better camera=)

81vintyminty
09-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice ride! AOM worthy
Man i want one so bad. Seen one that same color for sale on the roadside once. I didnt act fast enough :(

thnx man.. love the carb set up on your 2g. was there a gain, and can you still run a/c with that set-up??

81vintyminty
09-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Wow.
lovely

Those wheels & tyres look so tight -in fit -looks great with that ride height.
Lots of work evident everywhere.

Yes more details (how big, how low), & some distance and historical shots for perspective.

thnx, as far as the ride height im not sure... its about 4inch's off the ground, and the lowest i can go with the hacked stock springs just to have a CRAPPY ride, any more coils cut is a SHITTY ride!! i went through about 4 sets of springs experimenting with ride height and ride comfort this is the balance i found... i wish i could go lower to be honest, she looks sick on the ground with the body sitting on the wheels=) the wheels are old school 3piece volks with a production date from 1981. they are 13x6, not sure of the offset. i put the smallest 13" tire i could find so i could get that stretched look.

81vintyminty
09-17-2008, 07:33 PM
[QUOTE=haridev;900338]dude, love your car man. i know you'l enjoy yourself on 1geez. its an amazing site with lot of friends. as for your car, love your steering wheel and body colour. truely and amazing restoration job. also neat that you decided to shave the belt trim on the doors and around the trunk. its cool. i noticed that your metering is in mph/kmh and has lots of extras. i'm guessing the car is an automatic with power steering? good luck and regards, dev

and yeah, welcome to 1geez.com[/QUOTE

thnx, your car is looking great too! the car is a 5speed with p/s and a/c... cant wait to start swapping info with you 1g guys!! i like those bumpers you guys have out in malaysia, are parts still available out that way?? wouldnt mind getting a clean set=)

81vintyminty
09-17-2008, 07:37 PM
that Is Beautiful Man!
I Understand What You Are Saying About The Gf Having No Appreciation For What You Are Doing There. Very Few People Seem To.
Luckily You Found The Place Where All The People With The Same Sickness Hang Out.
Welcome.

True That!

81vintyminty
09-17-2008, 07:41 PM
welcome!
what is the offset on those wheells?
Did you get the valve cover paint from 2ndGenGuy? LOL looks minty

not sure of the offset, the stickers are missing from the inner wheel. if i had to guess i would say around +25?.. i got the valve cover p-coated myself.. its a candy apple(thought it went good with the green ext)

81vintyminty
09-17-2008, 07:43 PM
OMG SEXY AS FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post more pics!!!!! Please??!

Those tails are sex!

are bumpers still avaiable out your way??

79cord
09-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Just spotted you got rid of the ugly American rear side markers too. NICE,
Frt as well?
Obviously I eliminated my frt-side indicators but thankfully never had the rear.

Still wanting to lower mine but will probably just bring the frt down to match rear wheel/arch relationship.

What about cutting indicator holes in a rear bumper for a pseudo Non-US style frt bumper? Finding good ones can be a challenge.

2ndGenGuy
09-17-2008, 09:34 PM
What's the lug pattern on those wheels? Did you get wheel adapters or find some that were already 4x120? Or did you convert the hubs to 4x100?

forrest89sei
09-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Beautiful Accord

Hazwan
09-18-2008, 02:42 AM
are bumpers still avaiable out your way??

They are still available as new, non genuine Honda though. But yeah your front end would be better without those bumpers :)

And definately AOM worthy!

haridev
09-18-2008, 06:45 AM
yes as hazwan said you can get them new. in my case i got a really good condition second hand front bumper. Japan OEM though. i prefered a used unit as japan bumpers are far stronger than the taiwan version. i recently realised that my rear bumper may be a taiwan part. i think the previous owner must have replaced it. its really soft. it basically pulls back into place. but as what Hazwan said, the Malaysian spec front bumper is worth it as it would look great on your ride. it isnt all that expensive. my dad replace the front bumper on my earlier accord for around USD$50 about 10 years ago. doubt it has gone up much. but im pretty sure, in sum garage, they would have the OEM Japanese NOS bumpers. regards, dev

81vintyminty
09-18-2008, 01:41 PM
What's the lug pattern on those wheels? Did you get wheel adapters or find some that were already 4x120? Or did you convert the hubs to 4x100?

i tried to find low offset in 4x120 and it was nearly impossible.. found some wheels for old mazda's but the offsets where too low. so i just bought these 4x114 and had them professionally redrilled to 4x120.

81vintyminty
09-18-2008, 01:51 PM
They are still available as new, non genuine Honda though. But yeah your front end would be better without those bumpers :)

And definately AOM worthy!

thnx guys.. so are the aftermarket bumpers complete with the center molding and the end caps or just the the chrome part of the bumper?? im definatley interested in those jdm style bumpers... ..where can i look into getting a set?? are there still used parts available out there from wrecking yards and what not? i still run into 1st gen accords out here if you guys are in need of any parts or just want usdm parts =) any info on bumpers would be great!!!... i love the tubing on the top of your bumpers.

81vintyminty
09-18-2008, 01:52 PM
yes as hazwan said you can get them new. in my case i got a really good condition second hand front bumper. Japan OEM though. i prefered a used unit as japan bumpers are far stronger than the taiwan version. i recently realised that my rear bumper may be a taiwan part. i think the previous owner must have replaced it. its really soft. it basically pulls back into place. but as what Hazwan said, the Malaysian spec front bumper is worth it as it would look great on your ride. it isnt all that expensive. my dad replace the front bumper on my earlier accord for around USD$50 about 10 years ago. doubt it has gone up much. but im pretty sure, in sum garage, they would have the OEM Japanese NOS bumpers. regards, dev

81vintyminty
09-18-2008, 02:00 PM

i hear you on the quality of oem versus taiw. do you have access to second hand bumpers?? even 99 percent of the bumpers i found out here are damaged in some way..(im still trying to find clean undamaged fr, bumper end caps, have the rear already).. like i told hazwan, if your looking for any parts or usdm parts let me know. is your cluster the same as jdm version?? i wouldnt mind one of those also =)

haridev
09-18-2008, 10:51 PM
as wat was mentioned by 79ccord, try getting another good rear bumper and cut out the holes for the signal lamps. it is very nice of you to get the usdm parts for hazwan n i but the customs and paperwork would be a pain. if you do find your way to malaysia, do let me know. i could hook you up with some parts as there are many 1geez where i live. i can could around 10 a day. as for the cluster. u mean the meters? mine is in kmh only and i think hazwan has a few laying around. but its the same issue, customs and postal dangers. i myself wouldnt mind looking around for some parts for you. anyway warm regards and cya, dev....

Hazwan
09-19-2008, 01:37 PM
i hear you on the quality of oem versus taiw. do you have access to second hand bumpers?? even 99 percent of the bumpers i found out here are damaged in some way..(im still trying to find clean undamaged fr, bumper end caps, have the rear already).. like i told hazwan, if your looking for any parts or usdm parts let me know. is your cluster the same as jdm version?? i wouldnt mind one of those also =)

Used parts are available, at least the last time I went to the JY they had like 5 Accords there. If you are lucky you might get some JDM parts.

As for the cluster, Im sure there is slight difference between ours and JDM version. And we never had true 81 cluster (still had the earlier warning lights with words instead of pictorial). And our local 81 never came with your cool 81 tails. I'd love to get a set of those and your side mirrors, but shipping would rape me.

haridev
09-20-2008, 01:03 PM
just as hazwan said. getting the bumpers isnt the issue. a good body shop and some chrome plating could do wonders. however the export and customs would kill!!..hehe... taiwan parts are still everywhere but as i mentioned earlier, quality is an issue. also the jdm cluster as what hazwan mentioned would be different, however finding a jdm car isnt that easy in malaysia as well, though there have been several direct import 1geez with the quad square light set up running around my town. if its the kmh cluster your after than thats another story. as i said earlier, i think hazwan has a few lying around i presume... neway, do ask hazwan if he might have it. they guy has a mini 1g store in his home. hehe.... he even has 3 p.steering racks for the 1gee simply laying around in his garage. but i really dig your mph meter. it looks cool! very old school. however i suspect the speed sensor might be different as the speedo on the mph set up you have has a max of 140kmh from what i saw but the kmh has it up to 170kmh. do check it out.....regards, dev

SZfiftyfour
09-20-2008, 08:14 PM
thnx man.. love the carb set up on your 2g. was there a gain, and can you still run a/c with that set-up??

Yup, there is a gain with the 32/36. Its not mind-blowing but you can feel a difference. For performance though, I'd go with a 38/38 (synchronous). 2ndGenGuy has that setup on his car i believe.
As for the a/c, it will work but it'll bring the idle down, nobody here (that i know of) has adapted the a/c idle-up to a weber. I started to try it but got caught up in some other stuff and haven't gotten back to it.

Jnostalgics
11-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi,

Awesome car you have there. I've been wanting a 80-81 1st gen Accord to do exactly what you've done with yours. Green is my favorite color from those cars too. Props man, it looks gorgeous! I registered just to tell you that.

When you're done with it, let me know. We'd be interested in featuring it in Japanese Nostalgic Car. http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/

2ndGenGuy
11-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi,

Awesome car you have there. I've been wanting a 80-81 1st gen Accord to do exactly what you've done with yours. Green is my favorite color from those cars too. Props man, it looks gorgeous! I registered just to tell you that.

When you're done with it, let me know. We'd be interested in featuring it in Japanese Nostalgic Car. http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/

Hey you didn't happen to find this car off of a link from a Jalopnik comment did you?

81vintyminty
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi,

thanks for the kudo's man!! i will def. let you know when the car is ready. just checked out that website and that shit is definatley up my alley.. clean vintage japanese!!! is that your site, you located in cali??

2ndGenGuy
11-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Dude congrats on the possible magazine entry! I'll have to pick up a copy of that magazine when it comes out!

84Accord
11-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi,

i joined jnc before i joined 3geez. lots of cool builds and people.

Boogieman
12-29-2008, 05:46 AM
this is a very very beautiful car . . can you tell me how much you cut your springs? . . .

81vintyminty
01-22-2009, 09:39 PM
this is a very very beautiful car . . can you tell me how much you cut your springs? . . .

i'd have to check.. i think i still have 4 coils left all around... if i could get a decent ride with cut springs the car would be about 2.5 inches lower from where it is.. i messed around once and turned the springs off the strut base laying the body right on the wheel and it looked rediculous!! (in a good way)

2ndGenGuy
01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
So I saw your car over at JNC on the forums, are they going to feature your car in their mag? I picked up a subscription, and I hope I see it in there!

Boogieman
01-24-2009, 02:26 PM
i'd have to check.. i think i still have 4 coils left all around... if i could get a decent ride with cut springs the car would be about 2.5 inches lower from where it is.. i messed around once and turned the springs off the strut base laying the body right on the wheel and it looked rediculous!! (in a good way)

hmm . . . I'm going to run 195/45R13 's on wide 13inch alloys . . so it needs a drop . . but it should stay drivable. . .
can you check for me how much you did cut? . . I like your stance . .

81vintyminty
01-25-2009, 03:53 PM
So I saw your car over at JNC on the forums, are they going to feature your car in their mag? I picked up a subscription, and I hope I see it in there!

jnc is pretty sick!! i got the offer, but want to wait till the car is 100% . after all the parts are in place (still have to finish the trunk and little details here and there) i want to do a complete tear down and re-paint.. eng bay, door jams, re-do the rims etc.... ive had 2 of my cars featured in Super Street Mag a few years back...... i dont think she's quite ready for a shoot detail wise.. im actually thinking of doing a real clean basic hydro set up so i can lay her on the ground too =) was thinking air ride but kinda want to keep it time correct (dont think they had air ride in the late 70's early 80's?)

codyJDM
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
If you slammed this car my life would be complete. :lol:

Where are you in SoCal? I would love to see your car one of these days(I'm in the riverside area)

Hazwan
01-25-2009, 08:00 PM
I thought the car is already done lol. Can't wait to see it further slammed down to the ground!

2ndGenGuy
01-25-2009, 09:34 PM
I thought the car is already done lol. Can't wait to see it further slammed down to the ground!

When is a car ever done? :lol:

Hazwan
01-25-2009, 09:49 PM
When is a car ever done? :lol:

I know :tongue: but that thing already looks perfect!