PDA

View Full Version : 1g survivor for sale..

81vintyminty
09-16-2008, 09:07 PM
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/811680921.html

haridev
09-19-2008, 02:28 AM
interesting....not a bad looking car but i feel the price might be a little high. though i love the rims. the car made me wonder, is it me or does US have more hatch 1g accords than the sedans? here in malaysia teh 2geez are scarce. according to my dad, the accord hatchback was amongst the first japanese luxury small hatches of the time in malaysia. hence it was expensive. its rival hatches were of a different category such as the the civic and mazda 323. though well made but those in their late 20s or early 30s went for them as they were powerful yet nippy. however the high price tag kicked sales down. this was before the sedan was introduced and sales went through the roof. weird fact is that the hatches in malaysia, mostly had the power steering and the EK 1800cc CVCC engine while the sedans were mostly low spec EL1602 non-CVCCs. weird! guess it was to make the sedan more affordable yet, hence increasing price.

another thing, i have viewed several threads with used good conditions 1geez for sale. i found almost all of them mentioning that the car had low mileage! all stated a mileage of less than 100,000 kms. this is usually nonsense and i wouldnt trust these sellers as most of the cars of this age would far exceed such a distance. its easy, just look at the pedals and look for wear, then check the seat covers and look for wear on the sides. the body must be almost dent free..... to me a car of such mileage should be of at least such a condition. i am not mentioning about the engine as usually hondas of such mileage should really be minters! it is at times like this i get annoyed at the 5digit odometer the accords had to offer.

2ndGenGuy
09-19-2008, 10:32 AM
$800 isn't bad at all for one that runs and is in good condition as that one. That's a pretty reasonable price for any car that is in decent shape for its age (i.e. not trashed) and runs good. No matter what the car is. Sure you could probably find one cheaper that needs some more work or whatever, but if you just want one that needs minimal work, it's a great deal...

And yeah you're right. There are WAY more hatches here than sedans from what I've seen. I can recall ever seeing only 1 sedan that a kid owned in high school. But still to this day, I see hatches running around now and then.

haridev
09-19-2008, 11:40 AM
that is true....$800 for a well kept car wouldnt be too bad actually even for malaysian standards. as far as im concerned, i dun wanna c the 1geez get crushed before their time. regards, dev

*a lil too sleep deprived to type on

greentee76
09-19-2008, 01:11 PM
I would snatch that up in a heartbeat if it weren't on the other side of the country.

haridev
09-20-2008, 12:50 PM
that is true. it sad actually that older accords are often taken for granted. the 1geez in malaysia are amongst the many older japanese cars that people rather NOT get. that is truely sad. they prefer the older ealy 80s mazda 323/ ford laser, the mitsubishi lancerm and ecspecially the old toyota corolla to the accords. most 1geez that are not cared for instantly reach the scrap yard. i have found some cars with nice light green metallic paint being parted out, and soon to reach the crusher. those that are resold often do not get cared for and also soon get scrapped. when asked why....people simply say that the older accords cheap to maintain in comparison to the other older japanese cars. others come with a more common remark that rust basically ate the car away... i really hope this isnt the situation in the US and other countries. in my town i can count almost 10 1geez a day in various states. however their numbers are dwindling. funny enough there seems to be many being restored. its nice to see some older minters around. hehe...

regards, dev

79cord
09-21-2008, 02:16 PM
I think here there were about as many Sedans as hatches (probably due the hatchbacks head start in production) but I would think more hatchbacks would be likely to survive thanks to their slightly sportier image & younger enthusiats more able to spend the time to maintan/restore them.
If most of your hatches were CVCC would they have been more likely to be 2nd hand imports than sold new in Malaysia ? (Didn't I read some where about Malaysian assembly of Accord sedans).

haridev
09-21-2008, 10:31 PM
were the sedans assembled in malaysia? im not shocked though judging by the fact that in malaysia the sedans were in such great number. also the sedans came with the 1.6 EL engine while most if not all hatches in malaysia had the 1.8EK cvcc engine. weird! i suspect the price tag for the hatch and the sedan were almost the same. the 1g use to fight in the category compact limousines. hence the sedan did well. the hatch did not had a proper market in malaysia as most buyers of bought hatches for the economy and price. the 1g hatchs wasnt cheap and had a relatively large engine. and the boy racers would just opt for the prelude instead of the hatch if. actually in the mid 90s there were many 1g hatches around. i wonder where they have all gone...regards, dev.....

Hazwan
09-22-2008, 12:42 AM
were the sedans assembled in malaysia? im not shocked though judging by the fact that in malaysia the sedans were in such great number. also the sedans came with the 1.6 EL engine while most if not all hatches in malaysia had the 1.8EK cvcc engine. weird! i suspect the price tag for the hatch and the sedan were almost the same. the 1g use to fight in the category compact limousines. hence the sedan did well. the hatch did not had a proper market in malaysia as most buyers of bought hatches for the economy and price. the 1g hatchs wasnt cheap and had a relatively large engine. and the boy racers would just opt for the prelude instead of the hatch if. actually in the mid 90s there were many 1g hatches around. i wonder where they have all gone...regards, dev.....

Yes, they are locally assembled hence the shitty just one trim spec. The earlier CVCCs are imported, JDM yo!

Also, hatches from any other models from Honda are kind of rare. 2gee hatch are super rare and we never get 3gee hatch :(

Even newer civics there are more 4 doors than hatches. And no coupe models here either :(

haridev
09-22-2008, 05:32 AM
that makes sense. cause if you notice on malaysian roads, the 1geez are mostly the 81' model. the late 70s model seems rather rare. i suspect a hefty price tag put off customers. well, as u said, we did have some shitty specs.