PDA

View Full Version : Feeler for possible sale of Konis/H&R Springs

RobT5580
09-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Im thinking about steeping it up to a full body coilover and considering parting with my Koni Red Struts and H&R 1.5 Springs as a set. If anyone is interested shoot some offers or ballpark on what you would pay for them. You can see what the drop looks like in my 3geez garage beware the picture might have my B20A in it so the front might look higher than when the A20A3 was in it because of the weight difference.

This is not a 100% done deal but im really considering the sale to offset the high cost of the coilovers i want and push this project forward. Plus im hesitant to sell them because obviously you can't buy Koni's any longer.

nswst8
09-18-2008, 03:47 PM
How many miles do you have on them?

RobT5580
09-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I was trying to figure it out last night but im not sure im thinking 20,000 miles. I want to say less than that because i use to have Tokico's in the car on other springs. They feel good and firm still so i would not be concerned with a rebuild. However you can have them rebuilt and Koni will also make them externally double adjustable which seem to work really well as i have rode in Steve G's car and its nice and firm matched with his custom spring rate ground control's.

nswst8
09-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Wow, then they just got broke in. Had you put this up last month I'd been all over it. But I think I've just spent the last of my mad money for the year.

Tomisimo
09-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I'd love to, but my pockets is not that deep anymore. I've spend like ton of money last months. I'd pay you 500$ for whole set up. but only next month I might consider.

RobT5580
09-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I will keep you in mind im trying to get a feeler but im leaning more on going full coilovers which are not in my budget but i really want them. So i will keep this open and get back to you in a month or so.

Tomisimo
09-20-2008, 04:30 AM
Good, I late you know after my next pay check, if I have some spear money to spend. ;)

frantik
09-21-2008, 04:58 PM
i just want the rear konis if someone else is interested in the fronts + sprints maybe we can split them (assuming they go up for sale)

RobT5580
09-22-2008, 01:44 PM
I will be selling them as a whole set for sure if i do sell them and i have two legitamate offers on the table.

MessyHonda
09-23-2008, 08:59 PM
hum not bad

snoopyloopy
09-24-2008, 02:55 PM
yeah, i'm in the same boat as frantik but i'm willing to take the whole set...

JeremyR
09-24-2008, 07:53 PM
$500 doesn't seem unreasonable. Perhaps a bit more if necessary...

Cheers,
Jeremy

RobT5580
09-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Im working on getting Teins but it seems they rape you to split a set up. The SS line runs $1200 but they want $2000 to split up a set so im working on it. If i sell my koni's its either gonna be in the next 2 months or next spring if its going to happen.

JeremyR
09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I didn't see that Tein had a 3G Accord application. Would one of their other products work, and with what sort of modification? And I'm curious why you'd want to split up a set?

Cheers,
Jeremy

RobT5580
09-25-2008, 03:53 PM
They dont make anything for 3rd gen accord you will have to see Legendmaster's post. He used coilovers from two different honda makes to get a set but its hard to find a decent manufacturer that will break up sets like that. I called Tein today and it looks like that fell through because they won't break up kits according to that tech (seemed like he was trying to avoid my request).

nswst8
09-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Im working on getting Teins but it seems they rape you to split a set up. The SS line runs $1200 but they want $2000 to split up a set so im working on it. If i sell my koni's its either gonna be in the next 2 months or next spring if its going to happen.

What application are you looking at?

frantik
09-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I will be selling them as a whole set for sure if i do sell them and i have two legitamate offers on the table.

well it's not likely to happen but if it did me and whoever split it would just deal with parting them out.. you'd still sell as a whole set to one of us or whatever

Tomisimo
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Ppl Ppl. Those Konis is mine if he ever going to sell them :D No hard feelings but I was first to offer the price and I'm sticking with it, I'll pay more if needed. I'm building a custom Accord so I need them. ;)

JeremyR
09-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Ppl Ppl. Those Konis is mine if he ever going to sell them :D No hard feelings but I was first to offer the price and I'm sticking with it, I'll pay more if needed. I'm building a custom Accord so I need them. ;)

Well, if you feel that strongly about it, I guess I can just get some revalved Bilsteins!

Cheers,
Jeremy

Tomisimo
09-26-2008, 01:29 PM
^^ cheers ^^ :)

RobT5580
09-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Well don't get your hopes up just yet i didn't have any luck with tein so im looking at other options but its not looking great. Worse case i will have to try another brand but if i have to do that i definately will try them before i sell my current setup. I had high hopes for the teins and was willing to rely on them being well suited that i would have sold my setup before hand plus it was gonna help pay for the Teins.

And Frantic that would be fine but i highly doubt anyone here would shell out $1200+ for a coilover setup. Plus i can't blow money like i use to LOL.

MessyHonda
09-27-2008, 08:39 AM
how about some skunk2?

snoopyloopy
09-27-2008, 08:49 AM
fair enough, i suppose. i really only want the backs, as i have a brand new set of fronts and some springs already so i'd resell the parts i don't need. but if anyone spies some backs, lmk.

carotman
09-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Well, it's not like sets are welded together at the factory... They're just being lazy

Have you explained that they could just list this "split set" as a set made for the 86-89 Accords? It's not like you want something unusual here. They already make the parts, they just don't offer them as a pre-packaged item.

RobT5580
09-28-2008, 06:34 AM
The rep was beating around the bush and told me to call in early 2009 where they will have a new program. But it sounded like they wanted measurements off your existing stuff and they work off of that. He was adamant that they will not break up a set. My only thoughts on that is because they are produced in Japan but its not that hard to fix that.

Im looking at other options at the moment but i had high hopes of getting Teins but not for $2400.

snoopyloopy
09-28-2008, 02:15 PM
why don't you start by saying you liked your existing set so much that you were wondering if you could get another set? then tell them the specs and ask if they can do it for you again, or if you should just look to other companies instead? ;) i mean, what company likes losing a repeat customer?

RobT5580
09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
I have had pretty good luck when dealing with vendors and getting stuff matched up when i originally built my B20A. So far Tein was the least helpful but i will try another rep before i give up.

snoopyloopy
09-29-2008, 04:15 PM
yeah, but i'm assuming you haven't actually bought something from them before? i'm saying call them pretending to be a repeat customer who wants moar. get all the part #s and didn't someone on the board get it done before? get the name of the person who did it for them too and then call asking for the same deal again. might work a little better, although they're not exactly a cell phone company.