PDA

View Full Version : Both fans kick on?

Rendon LX-i
09-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I dont know wtf is up. lately my fans been kicking on Meaning Both of em. The ac and Main fan kick on...So when im in a stop sign or a light my motor bogs cause those damn things drain so much power...I wont be having em soon since im doing the Radiator swap but for now its ignoing...Anyone got any ideas

Rendon:uh:

2ndGenGuy
09-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Mine does the same thing. I thought they were on the same circuit and that the extra fan on A/C models is just for the extra cooling required.

nswst8
09-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Your IACV needs to be cleaned and/or changed. Fans coming on indicates that you have a concerning issue with your cooling system. Bleed the system first and see if that helps if not. Check Radiator cap, then thermostat. and so on.

If your A/C is engaged then both fans will run constantly. If they are coming after you shut the car off refer to first paragraph.

Rendon LX-i
09-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I have a new water pump and clean coolant but i never bleed it lol...didnt know u had to...If it was my Idle control vavle i would have a fucked up idle problem i do a little....When it warmed up it idles at 900 then it creeps down......then wanted to die then goes back up to 900 idk. it just started doing this only with the DSM injector install....So idk....IM running a little rich but i fixed that...I have no leaks in my injectors. Runs good thou....thermostate is old but i know its working good...I am going to replace that to...IDK LOL

Rendon LX-i
09-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Bump

Hazwan
09-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Can't help with the cooling problems, but from what I see on many different cars equipped with AC, both of them are running either when using the AC or when the engine is hot enough since they both are on the same circuit.

russiankid
09-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Both of my fans come on on my LX. They only come on in traffic, otherwise they stay off.

nswst8
09-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Bleed the coolant system, easiest way I know is to drain the radiator half way via drain cock at the bottom of the rad. Open bleeder valve and fill, when it start to come out of the bleeder close it off.

What year car?

Rendon LX-i
09-21-2008, 08:02 AM
86 lxi...but i will try that for sure

MessyHonda
09-23-2008, 08:02 PM
both my fans would kick on...i never had a problem with power surge...i got a new alternator. check the voltage.

greentee76
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM
both Of My Fans Come On On My Lx. They Only Come On In Traffic, Otherwise They Stay Off.

X2