PDA

View Full Version : Muffler Fell Off.... need replacement ASAP

jdmaccordnut
09-22-2008, 12:46 PM
WHAT DIAMETER IS OUR EXHAUST? Also, what config? Offset? How?

So what is a good cheap muffler? PLEASE, do not just tell me magnaflow.... I don't know the orientation of the inlet/outlet, so if you are going to mention something like that, please give me a part number. I need to know what fits so I can order it ASAP. My car is quite loud now, it sucks.

Please help!

PS: I read that insanely technical FAQ on exhaust system stuff... yet all 3+ pages of info did not contain ONE stock replacement suggestion. WTF.

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
LOL 2.5 O_o we wish haha its more like 1.5ish something like that

and i have a flow mater on my acura and it sounds nice

jdmaccordnut
09-22-2008, 12:52 PM
ARGH.

Okay, whatever, but WHAT PART NUMBER. Telling me you have a flowmaster does not help me at all! I need to know what to order so I can have a local shop weld it on!

russiankid
09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
I believe stock size is 1.75".

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2008, 01:04 PM
ARGH.

Okay, whatever, but WHAT PART NUMBER. Telling me you have a flowmaster does not help me at all! I need to know what to order so I can have a local shop weld it on!
um ill see if i can find the part number on it (last owner had it installed) said he got it from autozone and i only see 1 flowmaster at autozone lol

il go check now be back in a few mins

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2008, 01:11 PM
well just went and looked it over could not find a part number on it just said FLOWMASTER and had a bunch of patten numbers on it but after looking at them online im pretty sure its a 40 series
looks like this http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/flo-42443.jpg

codyJDM
09-22-2008, 01:13 PM
In theory you could have any inlet size muffler welded on, it doesn't have to be an exact match.

I have 2.25" piping with a 2.5" inlet muffler and it didnt matter whatsoever.

2oodoor
09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
and i have a flow mater on my acura and it sounds nice

hey FLOW MATER ftw, is that what Tow mater has in carz?

accordnut you really need the old oem muffler to get the hanging rods off of so you can use a generic muffler. Some skilled muffler shops will just make those for you, which is probably the best thing anyway. Sorry no #, if I had to I could but you could do the same thing by going to autozone's website.

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2008, 02:31 PM
hey FLOW MATER ftw, is that what Tow mater has in carz?

accordnut you really need the old oem muffler to get the hanging rods off of so you can use a generic muffler. Some skilled muffler shops will just make those for you, which is probably the best thing anyway. Sorry no #, if I had to I could but you could do the same thing by going to autozone's website.
haha opps
and any muffler shop should have the muffler hooks

MessyHonda
09-23-2008, 09:02 PM
yeah any muffler shop can weld you a pipe...i went with a 2.25 inch but the cop said it was too loud...i blame my short gears cuz i dont shift till around 4k

Timaculent
09-29-2008, 07:35 PM
dont go stock upgrade it a little bit the cost is not that different. I dont know if it is the same where you are as over here in miami but the shops have lots to chose from just go there if you have a place and tell that that you need a replacement. Or get an upgraded.

griffonks
09-30-2008, 04:46 AM
I bought a bosal section from rockauto.com. Bolted on for $70 and shipping- plus the hangers were welded on. You would have to deal with the noise for a week or so though.

kyaccord
10-02-2008, 08:11 PM
factorys 1.75 inchs