PDA

View Full Version : Omg!!

86ccord
09-22-2008, 04:52 PM
alright so my car is F'd up.. SO, i was driving home from school, and traffic was eh kind of slow was ridin in second gear.. then traffic sped up so i shift into 3rd and then my car goes BANG!! sputter.. it felt like something was dragging under my motor, but there is nothing there when i look.. anyways.. then jerks and shuts off.. so im like WTF?! so i get towed home take my distributor apart and look. its good. my spark plugs those are good.. my blaster coil, thought it was fried then got a new one and it read the same readings.. i re-timed my car twice.. so idk..so the bang is coming out of my carb i think.. idk.. i need help..

OH its an 1986 honda accord LX carb.

AccordB20A
09-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Nasty Nasty carbs. Is you cam timing okay?maybe it jumped a tooth. Also has it got enough fuel? my old accord used to do that when running out of fuel

86ccord
09-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Nasty Nasty carbs. Is you cam timing okay?maybe it jumped a tooth. Also has it got enough fuel? my old accord used to do that when running out of fuel

well a few mins a go i decided to get the ol' timing light out and i am getting fuel the carb bang is spitting out fuel..LOL but yeah i got the timing light and im only fireing on one cylendar.. so i think my MSD blaster Coil has messed up my distributer and some other components.. also do i need a resistor for that MSD blaster coil?

russiankid
09-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Is your carb flooding? When my fuel bowl needle o-rings took a hike the butterflies had 2" of fuel sitting on top of them and it would backfire crazy.

86ccord
09-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Is your carb flooding? When my fuel bowl needle o-rings took a hike the butterflies had 2" of fuel sitting on top of them and it would backfire crazy.

i looked in my back barrel i guess you would say.. but anyways i looked inside my carb with a flash light and it wasn't flooded.. but we think my blaster coil fried my distributor..LOL so we getting another one tonight and see if it works..

Rendon LX-i
09-23-2008, 06:35 PM
well a few mins a go i decided to get the ol' timing light out and i am getting fuel the carb bang is spitting out fuel..LOL but yeah i got the timing light and im only fireing on one cylendar.. so i think my MSD blaster Coil has messed up my distributer and some other components.. also do i need a resistor for that MSD blaster coil?

This happen to me to. But what happen to me was it made a pinsize hole in my rotor and causing it to ground it...which made my car turn off and wouldnt start lol...idk it hasnt happen since i put a new one it.

86ccord
09-27-2008, 08:48 AM
This happen to me to. But what happen to me was it made a pinsize hole in my rotor and causing it to ground it...which made my car turn off and wouldnt start lol...idk it hasnt happen since i put a new one it.

well today i just went and bought a brand new distributor.. and now the car still wont start.. so im about to leave and go get a new cap for it.. and see how that works.. what you all think?

russiankid
09-27-2008, 08:59 AM
Have you tried starting fluid? If it fires up you know you have a fuel issue.

ghettogeddy
09-27-2008, 09:01 AM
i think if it works you should take the dizzy back lol always start will the small cheap stuff lol

86ccord
09-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Have you tried starting fluid? If it fires up you know you have a fuel issue.

well im getting alot of fuel to my carb. so im not sure if that would be a problem would it?

i think if it works you should take the dizzy back lol always start will the small cheap stuff lol

well i did start small.. and now im all the way to the big stuff.. haha the whole dist. costed 185.00 was not happy.. lol but yeah.. hope fully everything will work.