PDA

View Full Version : some pics of my old beige accord (2001)

haridev
09-22-2008, 07:31 PM
i think 79cord would love this pic. this pic was taken in 2001 just after she got her 1st coat of livorno beige paint. we were supposed to paint her some metallic at that time but just could not decide. then bubbles were starting to form. since we had a truely rustly old accord before, we decided we had to paint her before it was too late or at least buy us some time till we decided on the new colour. rust was eliminated for good! heh.... also in the pic was my lil brother (hehe!) jamie. he was an american cocker spaniel. sadly he passed away 2 years ago and i vow never to own a dog as it was too much pain letting him go.

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc329/haridev/100_0387.jpg

i have a picture of my car when i just bought it in 1998. il scan it with a proper scanner. im sure 79cord would drool over it. neway, regards to all....

Civic Accord Honda
09-22-2008, 08:14 PM
sweet!!

2ndGenGuy
09-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Cool! I love the classic pics like that. Pics of your car way back in the day. Just awesome! Sorry to hear about your dog though. :( My dog died a few years ago too.

haridev
09-22-2008, 10:16 PM
he died at the age of 9years old....not too bad actually but i really do miss him. he was my sisters pet when she was in medical school in india. she brought him back with her. hehe! sadly, she too passed away a month ago at the age of 35. sigh....

back to my car. the pic wasnt that old either. it was taken only 7 years go. the initial pics when i got the car was lovely with the original paint. its amazing how the paint weathered within just two years. in year 2000 she went for a total rust repair. it indeed went through some massive body-work at the boot area and around the tail lamps. i suspect honda dint pay much attention to the anti-corrosion at the tail-gate. the bodywork guy was a slacker as he took wayyy longer than he should have. we dint even have time to paint her up soon after so my dad had to drive her with hand brushed paint on the welded panels for about 3 months. even the chrome trims werent fitted. she looked sad. neway, the new paint was done well, sadly i suspect the paint was of inferior quality or simply lacked laquer as it went dull very very fast. neway shez got he third coat of paint and i really hope to make it work this time.

regards, dev

Hazwan
09-23-2008, 12:37 AM
This is why cheap body work sucks. And I see way too many cars on the road suffers from cheap respray and they look like shit. I can't believe how the owner can live with that. I can understand on older (20+ year) cars, but on newer car??

haridev
09-23-2008, 06:33 AM
the beige (1st) respray was done in a good shop. sadly they tried to cut costs when they got the paint. but im not to worried as they used very little bondo and overall it did its job. just that i would have to go over it with wax every couple of months or so to get it to shine. that was a pain. the bodywork/welding was a good job dont get me wrong, just that he took ages to finish a simple task. 1.5 weeks to be exact. the car had rust but it wasnt in a sorry state, in fact it was far from it. now i got a new welder/bodywork guy who is cheap and good. but for some more professional jobs, i have another guy who does things the right way, MIG welder etc. but he costs $$$. nah, rather get it done right once than to do it twice.