PDA

View Full Version : 1979 honda accord ign switch PLEASE HELP

1oldpuffer
09-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi this is the 1oldpuffer and I'm in really in need of a ignition switch the electrical section.
If anybody has one or knows where can I get one please let me know .
Thank you so much for now.

nswst8
09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
I would personally try junk yard, bit here is a lead.

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_parts_list.php?vin=&Label%5BProductID%5D=ACCORD&Label%5BYearID%5D=1979&Label%5BDoorID%5D=4&Label%5BGradeID%5D=DX&Label%5BAreaID%5D=KA&Label%5BTransmissionID%5D=5MT&Label%5BSectionID%5D=ELECTRICAL+%2F+EXHAUST+%2F+HE ATER+%2F+FUEL&Label%5BIllustrationGroupID%5D=STEERING+WHEEL+SWIT CH+-+LOCK+SET&ProductID=5&YearID=10&DoorID=4&GradeID=6&AreaID=2&TransmissionID=3&SectionID=5&IllustrationGroupID=1147

2ndGenGuy
09-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Finding an these cars in the junk yard is really hard. Usually they go straight into the crush pile with barely a week for people to get in and get the parts they need! I say if you can't find one by calling every single yard withing a 50 mile radius (usually my method for finding parts I need), then check Craigslist in your area. You will likely find someone who wants to just get one off their property or are junking it. Usually an offer of a few bucks before the car goes to the wrecking yard is a good deal. Sometimes even just a 12pack of golden Oly beer will be all it takes... :D