PDA

View Full Version : H20 conversion kit.

nswst8
09-26-2008, 04:43 AM
No more gasoline. I guarantee the oil companies are trying to buy this guy out.

He could single handedly collapse the oil companies overnight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFSIMNVuvM&NR=1

skittlez
09-26-2008, 05:11 PM
hate to be a buzz kill, but its just too good to be true.

http://aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

nswst8
09-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Ahh, thanks for bursting my bubble. (I'm smiling)

ghettogeddy
09-26-2008, 07:08 PM
im lost so is this guy for real or no

gp02a0083
09-26-2008, 07:24 PM
from a chemistry stand point , H2 gas from the electrolysis of h2o has been done over before , its not hard, however you need to supply a decent amount of energy to get it , hence why it was never main stream (remember years ago they wanted to have hydrogen self sufficient "gas stations") However i do agree with a HHo/gasoline hybrid, which has the same idea that we use ethanol in gasoline. im not calling the whole idea phony, but if this was the case oil companies would have bought it all out and bury it 50 feet under

BITESIZE
09-26-2008, 07:47 PM
If it were really true the government would put a kill to it. The Government likes the taxes from regular "gasoline."

Civic Accord Honda
09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
If it were really true the government would put a kill to it. The Government likes the taxes from regular "gasoline."
this short little man speaks the truth!
j/k but i guarantee that you are 100% correct

Rendon LX-i
09-26-2008, 08:59 PM
x2

redaztec
09-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, while i don't see why you couldn't run a car off of HHO gas, it would still be less efficient than running off gasoline or diesel. Especially this "HHO Hybrid" idea. You would lose way more energy making HHO gas than you would gain back from burning it.

skittlez
09-27-2008, 09:02 PM
a lot of people bring up the whole concept that hydrogen needs more energy to be created than it can produce. but a lot of the people who do get things running claim that it only drains off the extra energy of the alternator, which would otherwise just go to waste. somewhat like a turbo id suppose. but the problem is that all these companies selling the technology use setups which in the end destroy your car. many the people who take it seriously give out their work for free to help advance the research. in all it seems like a good theory but it still needs a lot of work to be practical. and a lot of frauds scam the ignorant in this area.

Dr_Snooz
09-28-2008, 10:59 AM
HHO. "Laundry balls" for the 21st century!!

skittlez
09-28-2008, 08:02 PM
soon ill replace the hho thing with plans to run a car on hopes and dreams, only if i can figure out how to get the wizard in the combustion chamber.:squint:

cygnus x-1
09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
a lot of people bring up the whole concept that hydrogen needs more energy to be created than it can produce.

No matter what, the first law of thermodynamics (conservation of energy) cannot be broken. Practically speaking it would not be possible to recover (for running an engine) all of the energy required to create the hydrogen using electrolysis, assuming the hydrogen was the primary fuel for the engine. In this scenario the hydrogen would really only be an energy carrier, not a true fuel, since the energy burden is just transferred to somewhere else.

but a lot of the people who do get things running claim that it only drains off the extra energy of the alternator, which would otherwise just go to waste. somewhat like a turbo id suppose.

Not like a turbo. A turbo takes advantage of waste heat from the exhaust that would normally just go out the tail pipe. An alternator DOES NOT produce waste electricity. The alternator supplies exactly the amount of electrical energy that the electrical load draws. As the electrical load increases (more energy), so does the mechanical load on the engine (proportionally). So if you draw 746 watts (1HP) from the alternator, it will need 746 watts (+ efficiency losses) of mechanical energy from the engine.

but the problem is that all these companies selling the technology use setups which in the end destroy your car.

This is vague, but you can easily destroy your car by doing things you don't understand.

many the people who take it seriously give out their work for free to help advance the research. in all it seems like a good theory but it still needs a lot of work to be practical. and a lot of frauds scam the ignorant in this area.

There is a serious amount of misinformation out there for sure. There is another thread here that hashes out much of this so I won't reiterate here. There has been plenty of research though to show that hydrogen *enrichment* of gasoline and diesel engines can produce improvements in exhaust emissions and lean burn efficiency. What is yet to be proven is whether it can be done efficiently with an on-board electrolysis setup. Well, at least I haven't seen it yet. I am however building an electrolysis cell to try out, mostly for my own amusement.

C|

skittlez
09-29-2008, 12:43 PM
"Not like a turbo. A turbo takes advantage of waste heat from the exhaust that would normally just go out the tail pipe. An alternator DOES NOT produce waste electricity. The alternator supplies exactly the amount of electrical energy that the electrical load draws. As the electrical load increases (more energy), so does the mechanical load on the engine (proportionally). So if you draw 746 watts (1HP) from the alternator, it will need 746 watts (+ efficiency losses) of mechanical energy from the engine."

thats what i thought but i didnt want to argue it without being sure. tushay.