PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Honda Accord Fuel Pump removal.

Josh89accord
09-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Hey guys, I just replaced my fuel filter and its not pumping gas, so i have looked and looked for how to remove this thing, and all I can come up with is its under the back seat, correct? Anyone done this before or have any info? Thanks!

AccordB20A
09-27-2008, 02:08 PM
you need to remvoe your boot carpet and spare wheel cover and the whole back seat to make it easyer, then you will see two caps there it will be under one of them, just a bunch of 10mm bolts to undo. the fuel sender will be on the right pump on the elft looking from the back of the car

Josh89accord
09-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, i see them. Ok, so you think what it sounds like is the fuel pump or fuel sender?

Oldblueaccord
09-27-2008, 02:46 PM
Was it pumping gas before you put the filter on it?

The Main Relay controls the fuel pump and shuts it off for safety if the engine is not running.

wp

86ccord
09-28-2008, 05:38 PM
hey go under the hood on the driver side pull the fuel filter line apart and have someone pump the accelerator pedal and see if fuel is coming out.. if not then it is the fuel pump..

it happend to me.. lol

kyaccord
10-15-2008, 10:57 AM
im havin the same problem kinda i can get the pressure in the gas tank but nothing makes it to the fuel filter. what the hell is wrong with it? is it a fuel regulater or what?

Josh89accord
10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I recently replaced the fuel filter and the fuel pump. Problem was helped a little, but it was still there. I just ordered a brand new main fuel relay, and its working like a charm. I'd first go pick up a new filter, then a main relay, cuz more than likely your pump is good, just not being triggered on.

russiankid
10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
hey go under the hood on the driver side pull the fuel filter line apart and have someone pump the accelerator pedal and see if fuel is coming out.. if not then it is the fuel pump..

it happend to me.. lol

Pumping the gas doesn't turn the pump on.:stick:

griffonks
10-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Hi
Is your car aspirated or fuel injected? Carbureted accords have two filters, 1 at the tank and one at the firewall. Also 20 year old fuel and vacuum lines crumble, believe it or not. There are a bunch of rubber lines at the tank...... I replaced all of the rubber in my 89LX beater last year because it was cracking. You should hear the fuel pump power up when you turn the ignition on. If not check the wiring at the pump for live elec. If the pump is 'hot' pull the closest fuel connection to the tank, before the fuel filters or filter, and see if it passes fuel. good luck.

kyaccord
10-15-2008, 10:46 PM
its fuel injected. i cant hear the fuel pump kick on but if i prime it a couple of times then go open the gas cap its got some pressure behind it. i call me dad earlier and he called me a f**king idiot he so go get some damn gas its probably dont have enough in it to suck it up. its at 1/4 tank so im gonna try that and see what happens. im thinkin that the rubber hoses inside the tank are bad now that you mentioned it cause when i get about 1/4 tank its starts to sputter a little