PDA

View Full Version : A/C no pressure

midnighttuner
09-28-2008, 01:08 AM
My a/c went out last year and had a mechanic fix it. He said he put R12 in it after he put in another compressor.... But the pressure is horrid. On high fan speed it is weaker than my mom's 05 corolla... on low.... I wasn't expection the best a/c in the world but this is just madness....

Vanilla Sky
09-28-2008, 05:32 AM
You probably have a bad blower motor.

Pnem3
10-01-2008, 05:14 PM
When you say pressure, do you mean the AC high / low freon pressure, or do you mean the force of the fan at the vents? If you mean the AC pressure, then give us some readings. You might get better help on a board dedicated to AC questions. If you mean the force of the fan, is the air cold? Use a thermometer to answer that question. If the problem is that the air is cold, but not much is coming out, then it could be a defective fan or a blockage due to garbage (pine straw, whatever) in front of the evaporator (inside the vehicle). Give us a little more info and you will probably get an answer that helps.

nswst8
10-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Well if you had the compressor replaced great but was the rest of the system resealed, I just personally reverted back to R-12 and resealed everything. There was a leak at the expansion valve o-ring.

I would say check your pressure with gauges. My opinion is you'll have low freon.