PDA

View Full Version : Parting 89 LX Sedan

Vanilla Sky
09-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Trying to raise money to buy Sk8r's car. Everything you see except the wheels and the exhaust are for sale. Make offers. The engine runs well but the trans slips. Car goes to the junkyard next week. Shippings is Priority Mail for most things. I'll ship overseas as long as you'll pay shipping.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/IMG_0091.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/IMG_0092.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/IMG_0093.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/IMG_0094.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/IMG_0111.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/wannabe_otaku/IMG_0112.jpg

Civic Accord Honda
09-28-2008, 05:11 PM
sucks ur not in cali it dont look to bad just needs a wash and trans id buy it whole if u were here lol

Vanilla Sky
09-28-2008, 05:14 PM
It's rusty. The trunk seal ripped, so the bottom of the pan started rusting. Then the flange where the trunk seal is attached rusted off. It's body is crap. The paint is chalky. It's better for me to move on, and this shell is better off as scrap. I have a nicer sedan shell at my parents that I'll probably be scrapping along with this one to raise the money. That's the way it goes. I figured I should at least get what people need off of the car before it gets crushed, ya know?

Civic Accord Honda
09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
ah true yeah if its rusted.
good luck on the part out id buy some stuff myself if i still had my accord lol

labeledsk8r
09-28-2008, 06:14 PM
keep a good front bumper and mayby a stearing wheel, my cars front bumpre is cracked i belive fro mthe old owner and also the stearing wheel's grip is worn to crap,

good luck man

Vanilla Sky
09-28-2008, 06:17 PM
That wheel and bumper are crap, heh. Figures, eh?

labeledsk8r
09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
lol well the front bump isnt that bad on it.. its cracked and looks like it was fixed with bondo, it was painted over so i know it happend before it was painted 2 years ago, and my fix for the worn wheel was i ziptied a stearing wheel cover onto it lol...

and those rims look awsome, i allways thought that car had hubcaps back when i saw it, trade for my sawblades? lol

Vanilla Sky
09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
One wheels has a slight bend to it, and the tires are nearly bald. Not quite an even trade.

labeledsk8r
09-29-2008, 11:28 AM
oh true, well damn

bump

Vanilla Sky
09-30-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm really surprised that no one needs parts.

codyJDM
09-30-2008, 09:41 PM
If it was an LX-i and/or a 2door I would get a lot from you. Sorry man! Good luck with selling it all, someone will need something I'm sure.

Vanilla Sky
09-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, what's ironic is that the car I'm buying is the car you're looking for, heh. I do have a lot of LXi parts, though. Another that's a coupe, too, but it has a tan interior.

2oodoor
10-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I would need a FI swap kit but Im hoping to just run across a complete running LXi at some point and just use it.
I also would like to go with 89 bumpers on the DX I have someday.
I am not buying anything right now though, thanks for offering it up !

Vanilla Sky
10-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Dude, I have a complete running LXi that's in crappy shape. Runs really well and has a rebuilt head. I'd need to toss the air cleaner, coil, and battery back in it and fire it up. PM me.

Oldblueaccord
10-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Dont forget with scrap being so high the cat and other aluminium stuff is really high right now might be worth picking it apart.

Be a good job for the wife. :bandit:

wp

ghettogeddy
10-02-2008, 10:25 AM
ya sell the cat on ebay should be able to get 150 for it at least lol

but i might be interested int he rear door handles

Vanilla Sky
10-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Cat gets scrapped by itself. I have 2 more, I think. Last one I sold was only $40, so I'm going to see if going out of town will get me a better price.

Other than the cat, there's not much that's really worth the time to take apart. The wheels are staying with me and moving to the other car for now, at least to get it home. I can't really think of any other worthy sources of aluminum in these cars. Most of it's too time consuming to harvest.

labeledsk8r
10-02-2008, 06:45 PM
sell that cat on ebay man.. i just sold one from a prelude and pulled in like 110 shiped (can fit them in flat rate box), and the only reason it was that low was i did it for a 3 day listing

Vanilla Sky
10-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Interesting. I have several that I can sell on there, then.

Vanilla Sky
10-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm extending the part out for another couple of weeks. I can't get this to the yard right now, so it's going to be here a while longer. Keep making offers, I've only sold a few minor items.

RamThis
10-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Dude, I have a complete running LXi that's in crappy shape. Runs really well and has a rebuilt head. I'd need to toss the air cleaner, coil, and battery back in it and fire it up. PM me.

PM me pix and price maybe?

Vanilla Sky
10-10-2008, 09:51 PM
For the whole car?

RamThis
10-10-2008, 09:56 PM
For the whole car?

Yeah just wondering what (in bad shape) entails. You mean it's wrecked or just faded paint with some dings?

Im looking for an 88-89 4door LXi with a decently clean interior, original paint in any condition as long as it's not a repaint, and engine running or not as long as it's all complete and clean (rebuildable and not rusted up and beat up looking under the hood).

I basically want to find a car that I can rebuild the engine, paint it, and drive it, and have a clean car. I can do those two fairly easy. I dont do upholstery myself hence why Im looking for one that has a decent interior cause Im trying to keep the price down and I wont pay someone an arm and a leg for upholstery work lol.

Vanilla Sky
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, none of the cars I have are what you're looking for. Everything I have is either rusty or wrecked.

RamThis
10-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, none of the cars I have are what you're looking for. Everything I have is either rusty or wrecked.

Oh well worth a try. Been looking for a while and not coming up with much yet. Either all LX cars, or LXi coupes and I want a sedan. I do need to go look at that one I posted about earlier, I'll probably go check it out next Tuesday and see if they'll bite on an offer, they want wayyyy too much for it.

Vanilla Sky
10-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Show up with cash and a trailer.