PDA

View Full Version : KYB Shocks via Kragen

LxAcc510
10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
KYB shocks through Kragen's website. Do you guys know any other sites BESIDES ebay AND the JY lol that can beat these prices?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?MfrCode=KYB&PartType=50&PTSet=A

That's already a pretty decent price but i was wondering if anyone else knew of another site who can beat those prices?

Civic Accord Honda
10-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Get Tokico Blues!!

nswst8
10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Personally I'd go with these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-Shocks-struts-Accord-86-89_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ014QQitemZ 330274648290QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

You'll get more versitility in my opinion. If you ever want to drop it these will handle a 1" drop easily as per the manufacturer ( I called them)

nswst8
10-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Here's a site I use every now and then. They have your KYBs

www.ajusa.com

ghettogeddy
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
i was able up till last week to get them at warehouse cost but my buddy got laid off

x2 on the tokicos hit that shit up

griffonks
10-01-2008, 06:33 PM
$10 less per front shock at rockauto.com ($38.79)
cheapest spot that I could find when I bought all 4 three mos ago.
The Rock has been very good to me.... no problemos

nswst8
10-01-2008, 07:37 PM

What about shipping? Ajusa is free over $100 or if it has the promotional free shipping tag.

AJUSA will match it on price.

nswst8
10-01-2008, 07:39 PM
oops

codyJDM
10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm gonna be the thousandth person to recommend the Tokicos. I had KYB's and they got completely destroyed really fast. The blues have put up with some serious beatings and still are great.

snoopyloopy
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
for a second, i thought you meant you were gonna get the super specials through kragen. my interests were peaked.

LxAcc510
10-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Get Tokico Blues!!

Personally I'd go with these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-Shocks-struts-Accord-86-89_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ014QQitemZ 330274648290QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

You'll get more versitility in my opinion. If you ever want to drop it these will handle a 1" drop easily as per the manufacturer ( I called them)

Yeah, I've been wanting those for the back for damn sure. Its just someone told me you could find kyb's for $30 ea. lol so that jumped at my face instantly.

Here's a site I use every now and then. They have your KYBs

www.ajusa.com

Nice

i was able up till last week to get them at warehouse cost but my buddy got laid off

x2 on the tokicos hit that shit up

FACK haha that sucks for your buddy.

Thanks. I like their catalog...They got a ton of shit

I'm gonna be the thousandth person to recommend the Tokicos. I had KYB's and they got completely destroyed really fast. The blues have put up with some serious beatings and still are great.

Wow thanks for the feedback. However my question for you is what kind of driving were you doing to completely destroy them? lol I only plan to do daily driving. I'll never race my accord.

for a second, i thought you meant you were gonna get the super specials through kragen. my interests were peaked.
Wat.

LxAcc510
10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
BTW guys...its fairly easy to mount up suspension on your own right? And as for the Tokico's I've never EVER found them anywhere besides eBay.

Any other sites for them? Oh you know what...i'll google it. Thanks guys oh shit. Almost forgot. When buying these shocks kyb or tokico...Btw i'm leaning more toward tokico all 4 now. Do i need to purchase springs as well? I'm assuming yes. AND is it the shocks themselves that will lower the ride height? Or the springs I combine them with? For what i'm really looking for is to replace a 19 year old suspension while at the same time giving it a different stance.

snoopyloopy
10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
umm, shocks just control the springs, the springs actually lower (or raise) the car if i remember correctly. so you'll need springs too if you're planning on actually lowering, not just replacing stock. but you can use them with stock springs, they'll make your ride better, especially if what you have right now is a blown setup.

and these are the shocks i thought you meant at first:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61841&highlight=kyb+super+specials

Pico
10-01-2008, 08:41 PM
edit:
I used to work for a wholesale KYB dist. in Union City,give me the year of your car and I'll see if I still get them at cost

LxAcc510
10-01-2008, 08:42 PM
edit:
I Used To Work For A Wholesale Kyb Dist. In Union City,give Me The Year Of Your Car And I'll See If I Still Get Them At Cost

Pico
10-01-2008, 08:43 PM

ok.
Cant promise but I'll see what they say

LxAcc510
10-01-2008, 08:49 PM
ok.
Cant promise but I'll see what they say

Lol no worries. Dont plan to buy too soon anyhow

LxAcc510
10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
umm, shocks just control the springs, the springs actually lower (or raise) the car if i remember correctly. so you'll need springs too if you're planning on actually lowering, not just replacing stock. but you can use them with stock springs, they'll make your ride better, especially if what you have right now is a blown setup.

and these are the shocks i thought you meant at first:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61841&highlight=kyb+super+specials

Wow, those look shweet.

But yea thanks for the info. I'll be doing my own research soon. And yeah it doesnt seem as though my setup is completely blown, but it's pretty much screwed.

codyJDM
10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I never raced, I took the occasional windy road here and there ;) I am lowered I guess a lot more than they were made for though. Are you stock ride height? If so disregard anything I'm talking about haha you'll be just fine :thumbup:

edit* nvm lol just read everything through. KYB's will be fine for stock. If you want to go lower than they absolutely aren't, though. That's how I blew the hell out of mine.

Pico
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM
I wouldnt recommend the KYB's if you plan on going lower than 1.5in

LxAcc510
10-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I'll show you guys the ride height I'm looking for. Someone on the forum had a nice height on their set up

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-02-2008, 04:29 AM
If your looking for the KYB GR2's i have a rear set that is new in box. Ill ship them anywhere in the US for $50 shipped.

LxAcc510
10-05-2008, 01:47 PM
If your looking for the KYB GR2's i have a rear set that is new in box. Ill ship them anywhere in the US for $50 shipped.

:eek::jaw: Really?! Check your PM box

MessyHonda
10-07-2008, 09:56 PM
kybs are not bad for replacements. but tokicos for a sporty feel with lowering springs

LxAcc510
10-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I see, well the main thing I'm looking for is a better ride quality than oem + a lower height. As long as these kyb's will be better, more stable, more "beefy" than oem i think I'll be happy. Everyone's saying tokico though. And I'm leaning a little more toward that suggestion. But if the price is right I'll do kyb for either front or back...Reason being it seems i can find kyb's for $50+/-$60 online and anywhere i look. tokicos seem to be $60+.

As far as lowering springs..according to the sticky what's available for our cars are Sprint, H&R and Eibach. And ebay brands lol...

Anywho i was wondering. Can we just slap some lowering springs on oem shocks?

nswst8
10-08-2008, 05:32 AM
If you can swing it, personally I would go with the Tokico's. The ebay link I listed is the cheapest price I've seen. If you ever decide to lower the suspension you won't have to rebuy shocks. The KYBs just isn't a wise decision for lowering.

rfiks
10-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Get Tokico Blues!!:werd:

LxAcc510
11-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Wat do you guys think of tokicos + coilovers? ---Dropzone coilovers

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=1680

I'm set on tokicos, on my way to saving up for em. Now the question is Sprint springs vs. Dropzone coilovers