PDA

View Full Version : My battery keeps dying.

Josh89accord
10-01-2008, 07:19 PM
I have got a new alternator, but I think I may have a ground problem... Help?

ghettogeddy
10-01-2008, 07:19 PM
have the battery tested

Pico
10-01-2008, 08:19 PM
possible electrical short draining the battery

codyJDM
10-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Check your 3 main grounds like you said, battery to motor, alternator to frame, and valve cover to body.

LxAcc510
10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Get a new battery? lol jk. but yea ^ wat they said ^_^

TWOLOUDNPROUD
10-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I had that problem i put a new battery a week latter dead after a month my neighbor wakes my up about 1am telling me my car is on am like :wtf: i go and take i look and my sub cooling fan is running:eek5: then my neighbor tell it been doing it for a couple mouth's it would come on in the middle of the night and run until morning:werd: i ask my neighbor why didn't this sooner? he said i did not want to bother you:slap:Now to get to the point i would check your fan control under the passenger seat it the black box.

Civic Accord Honda
10-02-2008, 02:28 AM
I want to stand with you on a mountain.
I want to bathe with you in the sea.
I want to lay like this forever.
Until the sky falls down on me...
I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope
I'll be your love
Be everything that you need.

zigzag
10-02-2008, 05:40 AM
i had the same problem.... but my battery fuse was out.... check the fuse box under the hood and make sure the fuse isn't busted. should be in a black box inside the black fuse box under to hood.... too make boxes....

Josh89accord
10-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, I'm not sure. My battery light came on, and when my other alternator went out, this is exactly what happened. All grounds are there, so I'm not sure...

TWOLOUDNPROUD
10-02-2008, 10:52 AM
I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope
I'll be your love

You my friend need some help. your:nuts:

ghettogeddy
10-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy.
I'll be your hope
I'll be your love

what does Truly Madly Deeply
( Savage Garden )
have to do with a bad battery lol

Dr_Snooz
10-02-2008, 12:30 PM
This could be a lot of things really. Without getting some more detail it's hard to tell you to start looking in any specific place. You might just run the car by Kragen for a quick charging system test. You can also pull the alternator (potentially a big job) and take it in for testing. Ditto the battery.

Josh89accord
10-02-2008, 01:19 PM
The alt. is not that hard to pull. I did test this thing out with a test light and it seems the alt is good, and that something is shorting out on "interior light". What could this be?

Josh89accord
10-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Also, when I have music on, the tachometer goes to the beat of the music? What is up?

2oodoor
10-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Also, when I have music on, the tachometer goes to the beat of the music? What is up?

I smell fish, CAH what are you doing?
something is ker funk edd with your music box, check your hook ups, it is disturbed

2oodoor
10-02-2008, 02:43 PM
My fan stopped working, I just ran a wire from the positive of the fan to my fog lights that has a switch, and it works fine now. Just have to have the switch on for the fans to work.

factory fog lights??? are they run on a relay or direct battery power?

and what about this problem?
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=897997#post897997

I am wondering if somebody has 12v out going to the radio headlight on circuit or either a ground. The wire that dims the radio at night.

Civic Accord Honda
10-02-2008, 02:58 PM
You my friend need some help. your:nuts:

what does Truly Madly Deeply
( Savage Garden )
have to do with a bad battery lol
:ugh:
now thats why i should not be posting at 3am in the morning when im half asleep

2oodoor
10-02-2008, 03:03 PM
no big deal, easy fix
go to user CP, then click on edit ignor list, add SN <viola!!

Josh89accord
10-02-2008, 04:20 PM
I got my dash working, everything except the speedo and lights... And I'm pretty sure the alt. went bad again... Cuz this one I put in was used that I had lying around, but it tested good. Could there be something making these things go bad? And the fogs are directly connected to the battery then I ran a switch inside the car.

LX-incredible
10-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Check the AGS fuse in the underhood box.

2oodoor
10-03-2008, 03:10 AM
I got my dash working, everything except the speedo and lights... And I'm pretty sure the alt. went bad again... Cuz this one I put in was used that I had lying around, but it tested good. Could there be something making these things go bad? And the fogs are directly connected to the battery then I ran a switch inside the car.

so you are running fog lights and engine fans without using a relay and you wonder why your alt are getting fried? You should always use a relay for high amperage drawing appliances.
I looked at all of your posts here so far all of them are electrical questions. This make me think you may have one root problem. If you explain exactly what you did when you say "you fixed this or that", "but this or that is not working" It is hard to tell what you should be looking at. I will say though that your hacks in the stereo and fog light connections may have something to do with the root cause. Doesnt matter who did it.

Josh89accord
10-03-2008, 12:47 PM
How would I run it threw a relay?

1987AccordLx-i
10-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Check the AGS fuse in the underhood box.

ive seen that fuse.. whats it for?