PDA

View Full Version : Glad I found it

partyharty
10-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I just got the rear brakes on the car replaced and I was driving the car home. Noticed that I was getting a lot of noise when I was hitting the brakes (and they were not stopping like I though new brakes should stop).

I went and pulled off the front drivers side tire and found that one of the caliper bolts was missing and the front brake pad was sitting on the rotor (hence the noise on the way home).

I am not sure why the bolt wasn't there but I am glad I found it before something bad happened.

Dr_Snooz
10-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Yikes! Time to learn to do it on your own.

nswst8
10-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah, this is why I do my own work saves time, saves alot of money and I buy more toys.

Brakes are way to easy to be taking it into a shop.

partyharty
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
While I have heard that about the fronts (and I almost always change disk brakes), I have never changed drums (and I have heard that the spring was a pain in the rear to get set).

I usually try to do my own work.

Dr_Snooz
10-02-2008, 05:30 PM
I have never changed drums (and I have heard that the spring was a pain in the rear to get set).

I reckon you wouldn't leave parts out though!

snoopyloopy
10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
but you said front drivers = a disk brake. that is literally like one of the easiest things on the car to fix. i'd take it back to the shop and ask them wtf was up w/ that too.

partyharty
10-02-2008, 07:01 PM
but you said front drivers = a disk brake. that is literally like one of the easiest things on the car to fix. i'd take it back to the shop and ask them wtf was up w/ that too.

That was the werid part, I am not sure that the shop even did it (but there was a bolt in it when it went to the shop as it was not making the noise). I actually swapped out the front brakes myself, I just didn't trust myself to do the rear ones.

I dunno, I just thought it was weird that it came back without the bolt.

Dr_Snooz
10-03-2008, 12:07 PM
but you said front drivers = a disk brake. that is literally like one of the easiest things on the car to fix.

If you bleed the brakes like you're supposed to (and you really, really should bleed the brakes), it can get a little more complicated.