PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of

codyJDM
10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
My power steering issues. It leaks, so I get a new rack and pump. Feels great but that made all my hoses kill theirselves so now it leaks like crazy from all but the high pressure hose. This is so irritating. Im tired of power steering fluid on my hands 24/7.

If I ditch all the p/s stuff will my power rack hold up okay? Because I'm done with messing with all this b/s. Input/suggestion appreciated.

:gun:

2ndGenGuy
10-03-2008, 02:50 PM
So you replaced everything but the lines, and the lines are leaking. Why don't you just put in new lines? Sounds like you're almost done with the whole thing. Just my suggestion, since you asked. :D

nswst8
10-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Sounds like your looking for a reason to quit. Just replace the hoses. And quit whinning.

2oodoor
10-03-2008, 03:05 PM
I agree, take a break then go back and replace the lines. Pay attention to any seals that may be on the flange nuts..

I am gaining interest in the manual 2nd gen racks with modified tie rod ends. I would like to do away with all the extra hardware as well, but you have done bought a new power rack, may as well not let it go to waste.

codyJDM
10-03-2008, 03:24 PM
I agree, take a break then go back and replace the lines. Pay attention to any seals that may be on the flange nuts..

I am gaining interest in the manual 2nd gen racks with modified tie rod ends. I would like to do away with all the extra hardware as well, but you have done bought a new power rack, may as well not let it go to waste.

Thats how I feel, I got all this nice new stuff in which has been a pain in the ass lol and I might as well make use of it.

I agree, quitting and whining is weak! I'm just frustrated cause the lines didn't leak until I got this new stuff.

Gonna get it on the lift in a few minutes and thoroughly look it over.

codyJDM
10-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Sounds like your looking for a reason to quit. Just replace the hoses. And quit whinning.

haha that's the best answer I've gotten. :wave:

Don't wanna quit at all, I had my pump off for a few days and I liked the way it felt with my p/s but I didn't want to hurt the rack or column or anything.

Dr_Snooz
10-03-2008, 05:16 PM
I ran my '82 for a couple months with the PS belt off. I was also tired of it leaking. Then I got tired of not being able to park in tight spots. It was fine when I finally fixed it. We also had another guy on here recently fix his after a year without and no ill consequences.

I'd suggest that when you get everything finished, you be especially careful to use Honda specific fluid. That seems to be the magic leak maker in these cars. Far better than age, dirt or neglect.

russiankid
10-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I replaced my rack and pinion and rebuilt the pump. I put in Honda fluid and its been two years now no issues.

codyJDM
10-04-2008, 09:42 AM
All it has seen is honda fluid, but I found the leaks and it should be no big deal to fix. Just frustrating that it keeps leaking all over my driveway lol.

86ccord
10-04-2008, 10:02 AM
i say fix it right, and get some hose on there.. :D

but also you will mess up the rack if you ride with it not working..

AccordB20A
10-04-2008, 11:32 AM
One of the 1st accords i got had a power steer rack but the a20a engine i had in it didnt have room for a power steer pump so i used it without. I believe the rack developed some sort of play in it :s ...
Makes me WISH!!!!!!!! that i kept the manual rack i got in the 1st 3g accord i ever owned!!!!!!