PDA

View Full Version : 49,000 MINT 89 accord!!!!

jdmaccordnut
10-03-2008, 10:57 PM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/865140889.html

Alright, NOT MY CAR, but holy freaking CRAP! If it was a 5spd sedan I'd have bought it already. If I ever find a mint SEI 5spd, I'm going to buy it, cost is no object, but I've NEVER seen a 3G that clean before. Freaking crazy.

A18A
10-03-2008, 11:02 PM
ooo that's clean!

codyJDM
10-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Looks incredible. Horribly overpriced though lol.

Civic Accord Honda
10-04-2008, 12:40 AM
i see dents.... matts car pwns

Dr_Snooz
10-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Not clean, just detailed. You'd be surprised what those detail guys can cover up.

jdmaccordnut
10-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Overpriced? I don't think so. Here's why:

What other 4 door sedan with clean, sharp styling has double wishbone suspension, a drivetrain that lasts 300,000 miles, a great interior with honest materials that don't show wear, and comes in that tossable size?

Answer? Pretty much 3G accords.

I'd drop 15-20 grand on a NEW 89 Accord SEI if there was such a thing.

nswst8
10-04-2008, 11:12 AM
I'd say this goes for $3995, but yeah it would be a good deal for anyone who knows the reliability of these cars.

forrest89sei
10-04-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd buy it, heck our cars have gone up in value somewhat with recent gas prices $4995 for a 49K LX-i isnt that horrid in my book, come on i see $2,500 LX's with 250K miles lol

Tomisimo
10-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Yeah I'd buy it too if my government havnt been such an ass when it comes to imports, I figured that if I was to buy a mint 3G in states for lats say 3k$ than ship it here 4k$ then paid 25% tax, 750$, and then paid registration tax to top all that bull.s, well lats just say I laid my dream of having a mint SEi Coup on Ice. :/

back to topic, yes its mint and IF those are original miles on it, so 3K is what Id pay for it, no more. Even here You find a Mint Mint 3G ownd by one owner,all services kept, kept in garage and so one for 2-3K$ so...

AccordB20A
10-04-2008, 12:49 PM
it looks good but its not really a good colour to be worth lots in my opinion. Still its tidy. over here it would still be worth $1200NZD

cubert
10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
$4500..

thanks...i needed a good laugh

snoopyloopy
10-04-2008, 02:29 PM
i'd give 3 large tops for a car like that. yes, it's mint, but it's 20 (maybe 21) years old. although that's mitigated by the extreme cleanliness and low mileage, it should easily last another 20 years without needing major work. except that it's auto. but still, it's quite a deal for someone who wants a running car and all. the only bad part is that they're easy to total. not as in they're unsafe, but in that the smallest dent could end up with the insurance saying write it off. and yeah, like wohdog said, the color is kinda meh.

offthahook
10-04-2008, 03:04 PM
i'd give 3 large tops for a car like that. yes, it's mint, but it's 20 (maybe 21) years old. although that's mitigated by the extreme cleanliness and low mileage, it should easily last another 20 years without needing major work. except that it's auto. but still, it's quite a deal for someone who wants a running car and all. the only bad part is that they're easy to total. not as in they're unsafe, but in that the smallest dent could end up with the insurance saying write it off. and yeah, like wohdog said, the color is kinda meh.

If someone actually carried full insurance on that, they'd be a fool. If someone hit the owner of that car and the other party's insurance totalled it, I'd still keep the car. It is a decent looking car, but I wonder what it would look like up close. If it truly is mint, 3-3.5G MAYBE. One small fender bender that damages a headlight motor and it's a "total loss", trust me.

jdmaccordnut
10-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Again, disagree. I think it's definitely worth that price, esp since it's got EFI. If it was carb, 3k tops.

Dr_Snooz
10-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Random thoughts:

- The high Blue Book value of the car is $3,305 (KBB (http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=1989&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=18&Condition=Excellent&ModelId=122&PriceType=Retail&VehicleId=13701&Mileage=50000&SelectionHistory=13701|29146|60004|0|0|463628|true |463643|true)). If you pay more than that, you're throwing good money away
- Asking way, way over high Blue Book is typical used car lot strategy because they can drop the price a lot, make you feel like you got a real deal and still rob you. (Sometimes on newer cars they screw up and ask more for a used car than what it costs new on the lot next door.)
- There aren't enough pics, or good quality pics, really to say whether this car is cherry or not. You haven't seen the interior, which might smell like dead rats, and the pics aren't even good enough to tell whether the paint is shiny.
- The coupes never had power locks like the ad claims
- This car is on a small, no-name lot. These cars all come from auction or trade-in. Cars that go to auction usually come from bigger dealerships who have gotten them on trade-in. They go to auction because the dealer has decided the car isn't in good enough condition to warrant the expense of fixing what's wrong.

I worked for a dealer throughout high school. I saw what the cars looked like on trade-in and what they looked like after they came back from the detail shop. Trust me, you wouldn't know that a pack of rabid possums on meth had been locked in the car for six months after the detail guys finish with it.

It could be a wonderful car, but it could be a mess. There's no way to know from the info given.

Maybe there is a member in that area who could settle the matter?

DBMaster
10-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I may have an opinion counter to most. I really don't trust a car that old with mileage that low. It's not that I think the odometer reading is wrong. It's hard to tell from the small photos, but that car doesn't look any better than my 292,000 mile LXi. I have seen things on cars fail with age from non-use as well as excessive use. Regardless of how you slice it, it's a nineteen year old car from the 80's. It might be a better car than newer used cars, but I would rather buy one with appropriate mileage that has been well maintained than one that has spent most of its life sitting unused. Chances are if I bought a car like this one I would end up with a bunch of blown hoses in short order. And, yes, I share the opinions that it is overpriced.

cubert
10-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I may have an opinion counter to most. I really don't trust a car that old with mileage that low. It's not that I think the odometer reading is wrong. It's hard to tell from the small photos, but that car doesn't look any better than my 292,000 mile LXi. I have seen things on cars fail with age from non-use as well as excessive use. Regardless of how you slice it, it's a nineteen year old car from the 80's. It might be a better car than newer used cars, but I would rather buy one with appropriate mileage that has been well maintained than one that has spent most of its life sitting unused. Chances are if I bought a car like this one I would end up with a bunch of blown hoses in short order. And, yes, I share the opinions that it is overpriced.

hit the nail on the head :thumbup:

w261w261
10-05-2008, 11:21 AM
<< I'd drop 15-20 grand on a NEW 89 Accord SEI if there was such a thing >>

I bet you would. Considering they cost $18,500 in 1989, in today's dollars it's much greater.

snoopyloopy
10-06-2008, 08:05 AM

yes, i know my dad's uncle has (maybe had?) a car that had ultra-low miles because she hardly drove it and when she took it in to the mechanic for a little work, he actually told her she needs get out and just drive it because all that sitting/non-use isn't great for it.

paul
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Way overpriced, and freshly detailed, which always worries me, check out some of the before/after threads on autopia.org.

As long as those miles were fairly constant, 205 miles/month, it's probably in good shape, it's when cars sit for 2+ year with almost no running time is when things start falling apart from the inside-out.

Ichiban
10-06-2008, 06:09 PM
It seems to me that used car dealers are creating their own market by suddenly inflating the prices of used, old Honda cars. Probably largely due to the reliability reputation that Honda products have earned throughout the years. Just like gasoline, people will be conditioned into paying high prices, and dealers will continue to get these cars for next to nothing, then turn a huge profit. Once the "old Honda" phenomenon is spent, they'll move on and create the next one.

jdmaccordnut
10-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Um, considering it's super low miles as well as 1 year away from being a collector car, that price is relatively fair. Esp considering that probably less than 20 1989 Accords still exist with that low of miles.

It's a bargain. In fact, I will call about it tomorrow. 5spd swap= sweet for a 49k mile accord.

offthahook
10-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Um, considering it's super low miles as well as 1 year away from being a collector car, that price is relatively fair. Esp considering that probably less than 20 1989 Accords still exist with that low of miles.

It's a bargain. In fact, I will call about it tomorrow. 5spd swap= sweet for a 49k mile accord.

A used car saleman's dream. "It's a bargain" is fantastic!!! I'd tell the people at the lot "Will you take $5000 for it. Do you know how rare it is?" I'd somehow try to verify that mileage; these cars are incredibly easy to disconnect or just replace the speedo. head. BOHICA.

cubert
10-09-2008, 03:54 AM

I really hope youre just doing this to get a reaction out of people....its an 89 accord for shits sake...its not like its a yenko camaro....Maybe you should call him up an offer him closer to ten grand...you dont want something like only paying 4500 bucks weighing on your conscience for the rest of your life :rolleyes:

jdmaccordnut
10-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Really, okay, so you guys disbelieve me. What is the lowest mileage 3g Accord on this site? Who owns it, and what is the milage?

2ndGenGuy
10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Who cares what the mileage is? It might still be a beat piece of shit, or maybe it's been sitting in a garage and there are no seals left and the thing leaks oil like a sieve. Mileage really says nothing, unless you've got records to back that mileage up. And regardless of what the state law says, the car is not a classic, nor is it a collector car. Sorry.

I just got a 92 Miata with 24,000 miles on it. (gasp, low milage cars aren't that rare!) The transmission leaks, the clutch is fucked, the brakes are warped, the exhaust leaks bad, the lifters are noisy as all fuck, there is an abnormal amount of wear in areas on the seats. I KNOW the previous owners, and they're the original owners. Not people who abuse and wear on cars. You're talking about a dealership, no clue about the history.

Low mileage might still mean it was driven daily, but never given a chance to warm up completely. Maybe it was driven one mile per day. That leaves nasty moisture in everything without giving it a chance to burn off. Your engine might have ring grooves in it from excess moisture, you have no idea.

What if they figured, well hell, 49,000 miles, so it only got 12 oil changes in it's life, changing it every 4000 miles? Well we all know that you're supposed to change it every 3 months OR every 3-4000 miles... But they let it slide and drove it around with old oil in it. Possibly more worn than than my 308,000 mile Accord.

2oodoor
10-09-2008, 11:51 AM
It seems to me that used car dealers are creating their own market by suddenly inflating the prices of used, old Honda cars. Probably largely due to the reliability reputation that Honda products have earned throughout the years. Just like gasoline, people will be conditioned into paying high prices, and dealers will continue to get these cars for next to nothing, then turn a huge profit. Once the "old Honda" phenomenon is spent, they'll move on and create the next one.

You nailed it

cubert
10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Really, okay, so you guys disbelieve me. What is the lowest mileage 3g Accord on this site? Who owns it, and what is the milage?

i dont care if its the last 3g in existence with that low of mileage...it doesnt make it worth that much money...

w261w261
10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
I own a business that has the elderly as our clients, so I see and sometimes buy their cars from time to time. The last one was about 2005, when I paid $750 for an '89 Cutlass Sierra with, get this, 16,700 miles. It had been sitting for a couple of years (maybe 3), so I justified the low price by not knowing if the gas had turned to varnish or not. After I bought it, I did the usual stuff (including a new battery), and it started right up and ran fine after some Marvel Mystery Oil, Techron and some road time. The tires were flat-spotted, but not too bad, but of course they were way timed-out.

I gave the car to my oldest son, who collected a DUI after he bounced off a stone wall and slid a way down the road on the roof. Bye-bye at 25k miles.

Earlier, I bought a '87 (or '86, can't remember now. It had 13 in wheels) White LX-i 5 spd hatch with about 80k on it for $800. It had been sitting for maybe 4 years, and the oil had leaked out of the drain plug and pooled under the car, evaporated and coated the whole thing in a sticky film (closed garage). The tires were totally flat (and totally flat-spotted). It started and ran pretty good, at least good enough to get the Techron and oil additive to work. I detailed it and sold it for $2,000 to a nanny that we had placed in a job. Last I heard, it was trucking along fine.

I've got my eye on a 75k '70 GS455 Buick convertible (not Stage 1 unfortunately, but it does have the cold-air ram hood intakes) that's been sitting in a garage for about 4 or 5 years. Cheapo repaint, but red sport interior (console/buckets) is really nice. Squirrels have taken up residence over the motor, along with spiders, etc. I think I may be able to get it for $2,500, but I have to be patient, as the woman's husband just passed away and I don't want to be seen as overly opportunistic.

About a year ago in Bridgeport CT, began to talk to a guy that had bought a 57,000 mile hatchie 5 spd from the original owner for $500. So stuff is out there.

Dr_Snooz
10-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Flipping old cars. I never thought it'd work, but there's the proof.

paul
10-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Come to think of it, I have/had a low-mile car, my 1996 cobra had 13,500 miles on it when I bought it 2yrs ago, 1 owner; only needed the belt tensioner replaced (47k miles presently)...

jdmaccordnut
10-09-2008, 07:22 PM
There are other low mile cars, sure. You could even buy new, but I'm asking about other low mileage 3G's. As for the price, find me another car about the size of the accord with double wishbone suspension, about the same MPG, performance, reliability, etc.

RamThis
10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
If someone actually carried full insurance on that, they'd be a fool. If someone hit the owner of that car and the other party's insurance totalled it, I'd still keep the car. It is a decent looking car, but I wonder what it would look like up close. If it truly is mint, 3-3.5G MAYBE. One small fender bender that damages a headlight motor and it's a "total loss", trust me.

Yep mine was totaled essentially, I opted to keep the car and take the check for just under "total" value, of 1,200 on my 89 LX. All it did, was dent the headlight cover, break the blinker lense in the bumper, and crack the trim on the headlight cover. I mean, I could do more damage with a firm bed pillow. I could not believe she wanted to total the car. Oh well, that almost paid me back for the car, and most of the work I had into it at the time. So I basically drove the car for a year for about 500 bucks lol. Not too shabby. Hell it's sat longer in my garage in pieces than it's been driven LOL.

Civic Accord Honda
10-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Who cares what the mileage is? It might still be a beat piece of shit, or maybe it's been sitting in a garage and there are no seals left and the thing leaks oil like a sieve. Mileage really says nothing, unless you've got records to back that mileage up. And regardless of what the state law says, the car is not a classic, nor is it a collector car. Sorry.

I just got a 92 Miata with 24,000 miles on it. (gasp, low milage cars aren't that rare!) The transmission leaks, the clutch is fucked, the brakes are warped, the exhaust leaks bad, the lifters are noisy as all fuck, there is an abnormal amount of wear in areas on the seats. I KNOW the previous owners, and they're the original owners. Not people who abuse and wear on cars. You're talking about a dealership, no clue about the history.

Low mileage might still mean it was driven daily, but never given a chance to warm up completely. Maybe it was driven one mile per day. That leaves nasty moisture in everything without giving it a chance to burn off. Your engine might have ring grooves in it from excess moisture, you have no idea.

What if they figured, well hell, 49,000 miles, so it only got 12 oil changes in it's life, changing it every 4000 miles? Well we all know that you're supposed to change it every 3 months OR every 3-4000 miles... But they let it slide and drove it around with old oil in it. Possibly more worn than than my 308,000 mile Accord.

what he said!!

paul
10-10-2008, 02:39 PM

Collector car?! :lol: Maybe you were thinking about using historic plates, which are available for 25+yrs old models...

offthahook
10-10-2008, 02:56 PM
This thread is hilarious. JDM guy talking about a 5 speed swap into a (supposed) low mileage older Honda makes NO SENSE. There are scads of decent 3g's with bad automatics out there for under $1000. Yes, some of them are well maintained, but the automatics on these cars are not bulletproof and most people do not maintain the transmission like it should be. Hence, many automatic Accords are given up on due to bad AT's. You could buy an Accord for $800 with a bad automatic, build up the engine while you have the powertrain out, paint it, and replace a grip of suspension parts and still have NOWHERE near $4500 in it. Who the Fizuck buys a low mileage "jewel" only to do a swap on the tranny? There are still low mileage Accords out there, but you need to listen to the gents on this board. THAT low of a mileage can be worse than if it had 149K and was maintained. ANYTHING from a motorized scooter up to the biggest baddest airplane does not respond to long periods of sitting or taking only short trips. The 3rd generation Honda Accord, contrary to your belief, is not a super rare collectible in demand. It is an economical, stylish car that was way ahead of its time 20 years ago. JDM guy talks like there were only 50 ever produced and everybody wants one. I like how he mentioned "performance" in his list of allmighty things Accord. Yeah, these are fast and furious whips. They perform! They style! They profile! That sales team will love it the day you call about their crown jewel-- a death row Honda Accord that they washed, waxed and put tires on. Oh, those aren't performance tires though. If you get it and do the swap, be sure to put Y rated tires on there to handle the performance aspect of the 3G. $4500 is fair for a car that they probably have $1500 in. I would open a used car lot if all customers were slam dunks like you, Mr. JDM...

2ndGenGuy
10-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Bwa ha ha ha! Offthahook got that spot on, as usual. He knows his shit!

paul
10-10-2008, 03:27 PM
This thread is hilarious. JDM guy talking about a 5 speed swap into a (supposed) low mileage older Honda makes NO SENSE. There are scads of decent 3g's with bad automatics out there for under $1000. Yes, some of them are well maintained, but the automatics on these cars are not bulletproof and most people do not maintain the transmission like it should be. Hence, many automatic Accords are given up on due to bad AT's. You could buy an Accord for $800 with a bad automatic, build up the engine while you have the powertrain out, paint it, and replace a grip of suspension parts and still have NOWHERE near $4500 in it. Who the Fizuck buys a low mileage "jewel" only to do a swap on the tranny? There are still low mileage Accords out there, but you need to listen to the gents on this board. THAT low of a mileage can be worse than if it had 149K and was maintained. ANYTHING from a motorized scooter up to the biggest baddest airplane does not respond to long periods of sitting or taking only short trips. The 3rd generation Honda Accord, contrary to your belief, is not a super rare collectible in demand. It is an economical, stylish car that was way ahead of its time 20 years ago. JDM guy talks like there were only 50 ever produced and everybody wants one. I like how he mentioned "performance" in his list of allmighty things Accord. Yeah, these are fast and furious whips. They perform! They style! They profile! That sales team will love it the day you call about their crown jewel-- a death row Honda Accord that they washed, waxed and put tires on. Oh, those aren't performance tires though. If you get it and do the swap, be sure to put Y rated tires on there to handle the performance aspect of the 3G. $4500 is fair for a car that they probably have $1500 in. I would open a used car lot if all customers were slam dunks like you, Mr. JDM...

:bowrofl: I like this guy!... 100% right on the money.

Ichiban
10-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Yep, sitting can cause just as much damage as driving. I think mileage is far overrated in calculating a vehicles worth than more realistic factors, like actual condition.

My '84 GMC has sat outside under a tree for about 5 years now. Think that's done it any good? I doubt it. But it has 190 K original kilometres on it, so it must be worth more, right? My dad bought it new, and I put it into it's only accident. Ran when it was parked, probably doesn't now.

BOHICA- Haven't heard that since my QL-5 Combat Engineer course in 2000. Brought back memories!

offthahook
10-10-2008, 03:51 PM
http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/865140889.html

Alright, NOT MY CAR, but holy freaking CRAP! If it was a 5spd sedan I'd have bought it already. If I ever find a mint SEI 5spd, I'm going to buy it, cost is no object, but I've NEVER seen a 3G that clean before. Freaking crazy.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ctd/871247332.html

Original link no longer working (deleted). Get this one fellas (and Jess).

The price on the ad sheet is $4995! I don't know if it was like this before or not, but look right under the very first picture. Maybe he's having a $500 off sale, after he marked it up $500. He needs to have a half price sale for real, then he's in the ballpark.

JDM guy, this is you mang! He marked it UP special... today only... get here before close or the sale will be over... the boss might find out he's doing this sale... he's losing money on this sale... inventory reduction going on... free hot dogs and balloons... they all gotta go. Between this car lot's advertising (on Craigslist even) and JDM mentioning it's a four door, I'm LOL'ing it!!

jdmaccordnut
10-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Collector car?! :lol: Maybe you were thinking about using historic plates, which are available for 25+yrs old models...

Here in WI it's 20 years or older. This one is 19 years old. It qualifies for collector car status in less than 3 months. Thanks for pretending you know everything though.

jdmaccordnut
10-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Uh huh. So where's all the 3Gs with lower miles than this one? You were going to link me to them, right? And sorry, I don't care how it's maintained at 150k... at 150k you'll need new balljoints, struts, exhaust, brakes, and a bunch of other garbage. It'll also have rock chips, dings, etc. This thing looks clean. You don't think it's worth $4500? Fine. Find me another double wishbone car with that build quality and reliability and that low of mileage for less. Seriously. You've insulted me, so step up and show me these low mile double wishbone cars you have access to, for cheap.

jdmaccordnut
10-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Yep, sitting can cause just as much damage as driving. I think mileage is far overrated in calculating a vehicles worth than more realistic factors, like actual condition.

My 89 Prelude Si with 4ws was stored for SEVEN YEARS. After replacing the clutch master cylinder, it has worked flawlessly for the past 1.5 years. So.... yeah. Sitting that long did nothing to it whatsoever, other than that. :bowrofl:

offthahook
10-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Uh huh. So where's all the 3Gs with lower miles than this one? You were going to link me to them, right? And sorry, I don't care how it's maintained at 150k... at 150k you'll need new balljoints, struts, exhaust, brakes, and a bunch of other garbage. It'll also have rock chips, dings, etc. This thing looks clean. You don't think it's worth $4500? Fine. Find me another double wishbone car with that build quality and reliability and that low of mileage for less. Seriously. You've insulted me, so step up and show me these low mile double wishbone cars you have access to, for cheap.

Son, you are about to get fucking owned in a few minutes...

offthahook
10-10-2008, 06:11 PM

09/27/2000 34,789 David Hobbs Honda
Milwaukee, WI
414-352-6100
www.davidhobbs.com Vehicle serviced
Washed/detailed
Miscellaneous service performed
10/06/2000 Wisconsin
Inspection Station Passed emissions inspection
11/17/2000 34,790 David Hobbs Honda
Milwaukee, WI
414-352-6100
05/31/2002 37,406 David Hobbs Honda
Milwaukee, WI
414-352-6100
Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed
Washed/detailed
06/27/2002 Wisconsin
Inspection Station Passed emissions inspection
01/21/2003 39,170 David Hobbs Honda
Milwaukee, WI
414-352-6100
Washed/detailed
05/25/2004 41,786 David Hobbs Honda
Milwaukee, WI
414-352-6100
Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed
Lower ball joints replaced
Front brake pads and rotors replaced
Battery replaced
Brake light bulb replaced
Electrical system serviced
Suspension system serviced
Brakes serviced
06/16/2004 Wisconsin
Inspection Station Failed emissions inspection
Passed emissions inspection
07/21/2004 42,394 David Hobbs Honda
Milwaukee, WI
414-352-6100
08/22/2005 44,253 David Hobbs Honda
Milwaukee, WI
414-352-6100
www.davidhobbs.com

Report Run Date: 2008-10-06 15:25:32.628 EDT
Vehicle: 1989 Honda Accord LXi (1HGCA6280KA075067)
Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
10/10/1989 MILWAUKEE, WI
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:8928354022)
06/11/1996 MILWAUKEE, WI
Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
06/20/1996 MILWAUKEE, WI
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
07/11/1997 MILWAUKEE, WI
05/22/1998 MILWAUKEE, WI
05/26/1998 MILWAUKEE, WI
05/17/1999 MILWAUKEE, WI
10/06/2000 MILWAUKEE, WI
10/16/2000 MILWAUKEE, WI
07/09/2001 MILWAUKEE, WI
07/01/2002 MILWAUKEE, WI
05/19/2003 MILWAUKEE, WI
06/16/2004 WI
Motor Vehicle Dept. FAILED EMISSION INSPECTION
PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
06/21/2004 MILWAUKEE, WI
05/25/2005 MILWAUKEE, WI
05/18/2006 MILWAUKEE, WI
Motor Vehicle Dept. PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
05/22/2006 MILWAUKEE, WI

Also, notice between 9.27.2000 and 11.17.2000 it moved ONE mile according to carfax (first text). Yet, it went through an inspection station in the interim according to autocheck (second text), where the mileage was noted as 78,000. These are actual pastings from carfax and autocheck reports on that very car. AND LOOK WHAT IS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED; RED IS THE COLOR THAT ISN'T BLACK. Typo errors I'm sure. I tried putting screenshots up, but they came out too small. If anyone can provide a place to host them, PM me your email and I will send them to you and you can post the entire reports for this booger eater to try to read. While your downstairs in your mom's basement playing Zelda and eating Cheeto's, we're actually doing stuff on this forum.

Ichiban
10-10-2008, 07:57 PM
While your downstairs in your mom's basement playing Zelda and eating Cheeto's, we're actually doing stuff on this forum.

Awesome,

Think of all the cheeto's that I missed out on because I'm replacing body panels, seals and brakes, from my vehicles that sat outside for years without moving.

My 89 Prelude Si with 4ws was stored for SEVEN YEARS. After replacing the clutch master cylinder, it has worked flawlessly for the past 1.5 years. So.... yeah. Sitting that long did nothing to it whatsoever, other than that.

Well, that you know of...

So I guess you got lucky, car was stored inside or at least on pavement? If you had half any experience at all you would already know the kinds of damage that can occur to a vehicle from inactivity. Corrosion, bearing brinelling, lack of lubrication, condensation, seizing, mould etc. I've torn down countless engines and trannys that were ruined due to the simple fact that they SAT. This isn't a rumor, it's fact. What other experience do you have to the contrary?

So you and your stupid blue smiley can go fuck your hat.

Also I was sure that the Preludes had cable clutches until '91. Could be wrong though.

RamThis
10-10-2008, 09:14 PM
You don't think it's worth $4500?

Hahahaha!!!!
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o91/RamThis_DTO/Forum%20Images/oopsfatmustard-JoJoFine.jpg

offthahook
10-11-2008, 07:55 AM
This JDM dude needs to get a Civic and go on and on about VEE TEC. Enough about the damn double wishbone suspension. Holy crap, it's 20 years old and the suspension is tired. Buy a Civic, go to Lowe's and build something together-- a bodykit, and decal it all up. If you do get the allmighty Accord, let me know what it's like to get Peter North'd by a salesguy while you're under his desk. I'm sure he'll tell you how Grandma only drove it to church and to the bake sales two days a week. Dude, it's worth $10,000-$15,000. Just look it up on NADA or KBB for their pricing ideas, then multiply their super duper clean retail price by 4 since they don't upcharge for the double wishbone suspension. And remember, it's a two door coupe not a 4 door. At $4500, you're stealing it form this dealer. I bet he has $8000 in it, esp. since it does have that double wishbone...

Dr_Snooz
10-11-2008, 09:09 AM
This thread has taken an ugly turn. For what it's worth, I have over $4,000 in my old, tired heap of Honda 3g. Last I checked, it's worth $1,500. Flame me if you want, but I think most of us on this forum stopped counting dollars long ago and realized that it has a lot more to do with passion and a car we love than any rational bean-counting. If JDM feels that strongly about the car, who cares? Anyway, I doubt the Farrelly brothers harassment is doing much to change his mind.

jdmaccordnut
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
What the fuck is wrong with you people? You know how much a car is worth? WHATEVER SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT. In MY OPINION, which is MINE, and neither RIGHT NOR WRONG, I think that a mint 3G, if it were in fantastic condition, would be worth $4500. Why? I've explained why. Do you think it would be worth that? No, not if you are planning on selling it in a few years. No, not if you guys are broke ass hicks that live with your parents.

So far, this offthehook ASSHOLE has done nothing but insult me for MY OPINION, and then when I push him to provide me with cleaner, cheaper, more low mile 3Gs, he does a carfax check and finds fishy things about the car. Okay!? Fine! So that one is fucked up, and it isn't worth $4500, but to me, that doesn't change my point. An "almost totally perfect" 3G, perfect in suspension, engine, transmission, etc is worth $4500. Why? Because I could drive it for another TWENTY YEARS with minimal work, minimal repairs, and enjoy driving it. Have you guys driven a lot of newer small cars? They are awful, and yes, I think it does have something to do with the DOUBLE WISHBONE SUSPENSION. You say that it's old, so therefore it must suck and be outdated. Well I hate to break it to you but that kind of car is likely NEVER going to be avialable again, at any price. Safety regulations have made cars so much fatter and heavier they take all the fun out of newer things. Hell, today's Civic is bigger than our 3G accords! And no, I am not talking about straight line performance, I'm talking about the way the car drives. I've driven a LOT of cars, and although the 3g is not the fastest, or the most amazing car with the most grip, I find that I really really really ENJOY driving it. To me, finding a car I really really ENJOY in mint condition is definitely worth $4500. If you disagree, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion, which can be different than mine. But FUCK you for attacking me for mine.

cubert
10-11-2008, 11:48 PM
This JDM dude needs to get a Civic and go on and on about VEE TEC. Enough about the damn double wishbone suspension. Holy crap, it's 20 years old and the suspension is tired. Buy a Civic, go to Lowe's and build something together-- a bodykit, and decal it all up. If you do get the allmighty Accord, let me know what it's like to get Peter North'd by a salesguy while you're under his desk. I'm sure he'll tell you how Grandma only drove it to church and to the bake sales two days a week. Dude, it's worth $10,000-$15,000. Just look it up on NADA or KBB for their pricing ideas, then multiply their super duper clean retail price by 4 since they don't upcharge for the double wishbone suspension. And remember, it's a two door coupe not a 4 door. At $4500, you're stealing it form this dealer. I bet he has $8000 in it, esp. since it does have that double wishbone...

:lol:

A18A
10-12-2008, 12:16 AM

this here is the lowest one ive seen on this site http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54369&highlight=struck
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7698/proofcc4.jpg
(1262 miles) though that pic is over 2 years old, it might have 1328 miles now though lol

2oodoor
10-12-2008, 02:29 AM
These days, these good relieable 30 mpg cars are like pickup trucks or old muscle cars, regardless of age or blue book, the vehicle itself can command it's own value to the propective buyer. Just as the used car lot guys can jockey their cars up to what they think can be squeezed out of a customer.. every thing for sale has it's own ideal buyer who will pay because said item is exactley what they want and no others will do. An example to compare would be F'n worthless baseball cards.
It is true that some of these freakishly low mileage cars need to be examinined more closely, just given the examples here in this thread. It is not alway a good thing, but could be.
That particular car, jdmaccordnut, looks like it has been a hangar queen for several years, something is a foul with it, not sure what or why though.
Everyone ***Don't let a few conflicting personalities or opinions get under your skin.

Peace

jpetrovic
10-12-2008, 09:19 AM
"Peter North'd"

:P Classic.

offthahook
10-12-2008, 11:25 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you people? You know how much a car is worth? WHATEVER SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT. In MY OPINION, which is MINE, and neither RIGHT NOR WRONG, I think that a mint 3G, if it were in fantastic condition, would be worth $4500. Why? I've explained why. Do you think it would be worth that? No, not if you are planning on selling it in a few years. No, not if you guys are broke ass hicks that live with your parents.

So far, this offthehook ASSHOLE has done nothing but insult me for MY OPINION, and then when I push him to provide me with cleaner, cheaper, more low mile 3Gs, he does a carfax check and finds fishy things about the car. Okay!? Fine! So that one is fucked up, and it isn't worth $4500, but to me, that doesn't change my point. An "almost totally perfect" 3G, perfect in suspension, engine, transmission, etc is worth $4500. Why? Because I could drive it for another TWENTY YEARS with minimal work, minimal repairs, and enjoy driving it. Have you guys driven a lot of newer small cars? They are awful, and yes, I think it does have something to do with the DOUBLE WISHBONE SUSPENSION. You say that it's old, so therefore it must suck and be outdated. Well I hate to break it to you but that kind of car is likely NEVER going to be avialable again, at any price. Safety regulations have made cars so much fatter and heavier they take all the fun out of newer things. Hell, today's Civic is bigger than our 3G accords! And no, I am not talking about straight line performance, I'm talking about the way the car drives. I've driven a LOT of cars, and although the 3g is not the fastest, or the most amazing car with the most grip, I find that I really really really ENJOY driving it. To me, finding a car I really really ENJOY in mint condition is definitely worth $4500. If you disagree, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion, which can be different than mine. But FUCK you for attacking me for mine.

Listen, Fogle from "Superbad". You're right... a vehicle is worth whatever someone will pay. A user recently paid $5000 for a 81 sedan. Entirely too much and she realized it was not for her. All good. You seem to know that this car, according to some photos, is absolutely pristine. I showed you all the "garbage" that would need replaced if it had a lot more miles on it. That garbage was replaced! I showed you where it had a mileage of 78,000 in 2000. Yet, you still go on and on about finding you a better deal. Dude, look on ebay, cars, autotrader, craigs, etc. and you will find them. You're just so in love with this one so there's no getting you to take off your rose colored glasses. Go find your own double wishbone 3G for $100000 with 500 miles (actual).

Cliff's Notes-- You sound like a 16 year old who thinks he is going to drive that 89 Accord for the next 20 years. Anytime you want to compare car lineups, let me know. You'll see I'm not broke and I don't live with my parents. Good luck on your car purchase; I know you'll succeed.

87accordlxi
10-13-2008, 05:06 AM
What the fuck is wrong with you people? You know how much a car is worth? WHATEV........

Take it easy. This is the internet.