PDA

View Full Version : vigor rear sway bar

bodyarmour
10-05-2008, 02:43 AM
was having a look at this idea and since i havnt seen a vigor in australia i thought id see what chassis its based on....

At the launch of the fourth generation Accord, the Vigor was no longer based on the Accord chassis. The third generation Vigor was based on a new, longer Accord platform called the "Inspired Accord" or the Honda Inspire, that was shared with the new Honda Legend. The Vigor was sold in the United States and was badged as the first generation Acura Vigor in 1992[1]. The Honda Inspire was not yet introduced to the USA until the next generation was introduced in 1995, and sold as the Acura 3.2 TL, with the Vigor sold as the Acura 2.5 TL.

Production began in 1991[2] and the vehicle went on sale as a 1992 model in June of that year, slotting between the Integra and the Legend.

Honda's 2.5 L longitudinally mounted 5-cylinder 176 hp petrol was the only engine available.

Honda, Acura's parent company, anticipated that the market would move toward small, well-equipped sports sedans akin to the BMW 3-Series and that a less expensive but well equipped alternative to the BMW would be a strong seller; the Vigor was the result of that thinking. They were wrong, and early reviews of the Vigor were not favorable. Comparisons to the Lexus ES 300, which was roomier and softer in ride, generally favored the Lexus as the more appealing buy for the average luxury car buyer, whereas the Vigor was stiff and small.

Despite this, the model did receive points for its handling prowess, which was very good for a front-wheel-drive sedan and akin to the 4-door version of the Integra.

In response to the reviews, Acura made several changes to the Vigor for the 1994 model year, increasing rear seat room, softening the suspension and re-engineering the steering rack to help isolate the driver from road imperfections in an attempt to make the model more like the ES. The tactics were unsuccessful; buyers favored the more powerful Legend as a sports sedan and still seemed to prefer the ES as an entry-level luxury model.

Poor sales and no improvement in market response led Honda to drop the model, and production ended on May 13, 1994. The Vigor was replaced by the 1996 Acura TL/Honda Saber. [3].

so hopefully the rear sway bar is the same on the newer legends as the vigor since its based on the same chassis and it fits 3gees....have to get the old tape measure out at the junkyard...

someone else should investigate also...vigors rare in the big apple?

Dr_Snooz
10-06-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm assuming that by Big Apple you mean New York City? I'm in California, and I can count on one hand all the Vigors I've seen in the last 5 years here.

That's probably not helpful.

2oodoor
10-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Estimated Prophet worked at a Honda supplier and was getting those for us. I assume he would have noted that the same bar fit newer Legends. My assumptions are wrong occasionally though.:dunno: there is thread about them here somewhere...

AccordB20A
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Does a 4g accord front swaybar fit a 3g accord??

and is the vigor that i steal the swaybay fof one of those 5 cylidner ones???!?!?!

2oodoor
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
yes, usdm 5 bangers

AccordB20A
10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
top man!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

frantik
10-06-2008, 10:33 PM
the legend seems bigger than the vigor.. but maybe they're the same wheel base? i dunno but i got a vigor bar from estimated prophet.. works pretty good :)

bodyarmour
10-07-2008, 03:49 AM
yeah only time will tell ill measure it up when im at the jy next...its conceivable that honda just used the v6 stuff on the vigor since its a straight 5...extra weight and power of the motor would probably warant heavier duty suspension in part and judging by the short termed nature of this vehicle in production, and that it was always a frankenstein of other models, its concievable that they just put the v6 parts on from the legend to save money....

anyway my aim is to find bigger front and rear bars that fit preferably from a v6...that are available at the junkyard from common cars... would like to know if the front 4g bar fits also? so ill have a look at the newer legend stuff since im gonn try and gank a pair of t28 caliper brackets when im there....would be excellent if it fitted...even better if i could find a v6 front bar too...dam it would carve corners...just not enough hours in a day

and yes we aussies like to refer to the us of a as the big apple sometimes...im sure your understanding is different....sounds good tho

frantik
10-07-2008, 12:21 PM
would like to know if the front 4g bar fits also

not sure but a 4g rear does fit

GTRSkyline43
12-14-2008, 06:57 PM
i know the vigor rear sway works on a 3g but what year works? im confused!!!

Tdurr
12-15-2008, 05:34 PM
the last 2 years they made them, like 90-92 if im not mistaken.

mushroom_toy
12-15-2008, 11:57 PM
the last 2 years they made them, like 90-92 if im not mistaken.

Indeed. Btw did you ever get one Tim? If not you need one. :0

jdmca6
04-04-2009, 12:58 PM
i got a vigor bar and my car is lowered around 3 or more inches. massive camber

saddly the bar rubs with the sway bar bracket when the suspension flexes, i might need to grind the shit out of the bracket

Rendon LX-i
04-04-2009, 02:55 PM
that same serious camber then damn...Well for rear sway bar...vigor of course and a 4gen accord works also but you need to redrill holes for bushings since they dont line up for crap. Ask messyhonda he knows alllll bout it or picopop

jdmca6
04-04-2009, 03:41 PM
ouuu good idea, i had not thought about redrillin holes
i think ill just gring the big btacket a little. it was HARD to line up the holes but not impossible lol i sweated like 10 liters trying to get them to line up

Rendon LX-i
04-04-2009, 03:45 PM
LOL...just do that and tap it thats it....or just screw it in either way.

A18A
04-04-2009, 03:57 PM
my vigor sway bar rubs against the exhaust pipe :S i think it might be a sign to upgrade that too lol

jdmca6
04-04-2009, 03:59 PM
hahahaha.
shit but i am satisfied with the handling no bdy roll in the rear!
whooo hooo!
hahah but the front ia another story : (
what do ya recomend?

Rendon LX-i
04-04-2009, 04:03 PM
UMmm...idk front st sway bar get energy suspension del slow endlinks and bushing that makes a HUGE difference as in turning sharp. Reason you have awesome turning in the rear for the face the BAD camber is helping you ALOT. like you see alot on drift cars.

King Peetis
04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
I snatched a bar from a '92 vigor and it pretty much fit like a glove. I had to "force fit" the bushings, but they worked out.

snoopyloopy
04-04-2009, 07:27 PM
hmm, sounds like my next project. along with new bushings as i'm hearing a lot of squeaks and rattles lately.

frantik
04-05-2009, 02:41 AM
got one.. works good. you have to grind out the stock accord bushings a bit since it's a larger diameter but other than that it's pretty much bolt on

snoopyloopy
04-05-2009, 07:13 AM
yeah. and (hopefully) much cheaper than buying an st or something.

MessyHonda
04-05-2009, 09:05 AM
yeah if you can find one go for it if not the st bar will work

jdmca6
04-05-2009, 07:14 PM
so del sol endlinks for the front?
and st sway bar?
i see ama save up.
btw i painted my se-i alloys gunmetal
they look fucking sick!!!!:eek:

jdmca6
04-05-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.racerwheel.com/st-52130.html

:madflip:
toooooo much moooola!

snoopyloopy
04-05-2009, 08:25 PM
yeah, so :stupid:

i should get a vigor sway bar then put del slo end links on it for the rear? anyone know what energy suspension bushings fit?

Rendon LX-i
04-05-2009, 08:57 PM
you can get the universal ones. as for the front del slow endlinks work just fine...rear idk. i have the stock ones and works great