PDA

View Full Version : Driver's side speaker issue....

Coolbusracer
10-07-2008, 05:07 PM
ok, so i have a DX hatch, and 3 of the 4 speakers work..... The driver's side speaker doesnt work, it does but it gets no signal..... there is a connector under the dash that comes from the radio harness, but there is only one side that i can see..... does anybody know where the other connector that leads to the door is??????????? Or, where does the wiring from the door come through to the body?????

Demon1024
10-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I'd suggest trying to peel back some of the harness if you can't see the wires for it. thats what your saying right you can only see one side of the speaker connection?
from the door to the body is all in one bunch in the door jam wrapped in weather proofing type stuff/ plastic wire covering stuff.

oh i think you found the extra connector under the dash! right side of the steering wheel right? thats not radio harness, i don't remember what it is tho, just know i've never had that one connected to anything. was it wrapped in black tape? if so i'm sure thats it.

Coolbusracer
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
no.... the radio harness splits out underneath the dash and at one point the wires for the drivers side door ends in a connector..... there is another matching connector for the door speaker, but i can't find it..... and it's on the left side of the steering column.... what i want to know is how to get to the point where the wires from the door join into the wires in the body.... i have tried to pull out the fuse assembly to see back there, but it didn't really help....

Dr_Snooz
10-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Probably easiest just to run a new wire. You could use a heavier gauge wire for better sound.

Sabz5150
10-08-2008, 03:38 AM
You need to peel away the carpet.

Coolbusracer
10-08-2008, 10:45 AM
i have peeled the carpet back, and couldn't find where it enters the body..... i don't want to run new wire, i am on a tight budget..... and just want to have a system, period..... can someone who may still have a stock wiring setup please look to see if they have a connector for the driver's side door speaker???????? it should be on the left side of the steering column....

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was just buried under the edge of the carpet.... so thanks Sabz....
I plugged it in and now all 4 speakers work BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may not have a custom sound system, but it's great to have something... HOORAH FOR STOCK!!!!!