PDA

View Full Version : Forged Internals and B18 intake

God
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Is there any companys that make forged internals for the A20 im thinkin bout doin a t3/t4 wit bout 14psi and a 75 wet shot of ZEX im looking for pistons and rods and maybe a crank if the stock one wont hold up also would i be able to make a adaptor plate to put a B18 intake manifold on the A20 that way i can do aftermarket fuel rail and throtle body from skunk2 also what are my options for tuning is the a Standalone EMS or piggybacks or could i jus do a megasquirt or somethin

SZfiftyfour
10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
couldn't you make them..... out of dust or something? You could call it the omegasquirt, that'd be cool.

2ndGenGuy
10-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I dunno man, he kinda fucked up on the 6th day. We didn't turn out all that great. I dunno if I'd trust him to build an Omegasquirt system if he can't even do a good job making us in his image... Maybe he'd be better off buying something pre-made.

SZfiftyfour
10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
hhrrmm maybe your right.

Find this god: http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/CcordLevel2/seach.png

I dunno man, he kinda fucked up on the 6th day. We didn't turn out all that great. I dunno if I'd trust him to build an Omegasquirt system if he can't even do a good job making us in his image... Maybe he'd be better off buying something pre-made.
BTW i seen the ninja-edit. i was gonna say.... he rested on the 7th lmao

2ndGenGuy
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah I had to Google it to be sure... Don't strike me down plz god? kthx.

Maybe this: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/jgturk/Picture1-2.png

It does look kinda different on a Mac. Much prettier if you ask me... :D

2oodoor
10-14-2008, 01:21 PM
f*cking {God} has a fu*cking Honda? fu*k me

figured he could pick up a ride at Zues Lexus

heavanly farter please dont think you are going to squirt, turbo on a custom made rotating assembly and not have spent $$ you could have Zues hook you up something you will have more time to make mermaids for us.

2oodoor
10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
twenty Hail Mary's
and pardon me, your SN is sacreligious

bobafett
10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
alright i feel helpful sort of.

1. nobody makes forged internals for the a20.
2. you have options. LS integra rods will work if you have a custom piston (see next bullet) made with 21mm wrist pin.
3. diamond will custom make you some bad ass pistons. just have to call them up and do some legwork.
4. don't know of any special a20 cranks, but you could get yours cryo treated, if you just do the one part it won't be that much money. benefits are arguable.

5. you don't need an adapter plate to run b16/typer manifold, just a drill and a die grinder...
6. once you mod the manifold you can automatically use the B series fuel rails, throttle bodies, etc etc...

7. you have lots of options from tuning, the more you are willing to spend, the more control you will have. cheapest being SAFC and BTM, next up probably an OBD1 conversion or mega squirt depending on how crafty you are. or you could go full standalone, or the plug and play AEM EMS once you are obd1. :)

if you have any specific questions just ask us.

gfrg88
10-14-2008, 05:27 PM

2. you have options. LS integra rods will work if you have a custom piston (see next bullet) made with 21mm wrist pin.
3. diamond will custom make you some bad ass pistons. just have to call them up and do some legwork.
4. don't know of any special a20 cranks, but you could get yours cryo treated, if you just do the one part it won't be that much money. benefits are arguable.

5. you don't need an adapter plate to run b16/typer manifold, just a drill and a die grinder...
6. once you mod the manifold you can automatically use the B series fuel rails, throttle bodies, etc etc...

7. you have lots of options from tuning, the more you are willing to spend, the more control you will have. cheapest being SAFC and BTM, next up probably an OBD1 conversion or mega squirt depending on how crafty you are. or you could go full standalone, or the plug and play AEM EMS once you are obd1. :)

there are all your answers... check out hs build while your at it, this guy is awesome!!

God
10-14-2008, 05:58 PM

so pretty much your my hero... what all would i have to do to convert it to obd1 and what car would i order the ams ems for and also where did you get you delta 282 cam

Ichiban
10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
If I blow my brains out all over the ceiling, do I go straight to hell?

God
10-14-2008, 06:22 PM
If I blow my brains out all over the ceiling, do I go straight to hell?

only if you have kicked a old lady because she had a gucci purse and you were jealous

bobafett
10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
there is a comprehensive guide to obd1 conversion on this forum... just do a search - http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62375&highlight=obd1+conversion+guide

don't know which aem ems you will need. guanabo89 should be able to help with that.
http://aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=62
http://aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=63

those are a couple places to start looking

you can only buy delta cams from www.deltacams.com, they cost around $115 without a core to send them. and they shipped next day... prices have probably gone up a bit.

also i don't reccomend a 282 for a turbo build. talk to them about a hybrid 262/272 or 272/282 cam for a turbo setup. :)

Dr_Snooz
10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
f*cking {God} has a fu*cking Honda? fu*k me

He did tell his disciples to be in one Accord...

God
10-14-2008, 07:25 PM
how come you dont think i should go wit a 282 cam for a turbo also i was thinkin bout gettin my ZEX kit and jus puttin some lower jets in like a 35shot or somethin till i can have the motor pulled to be buildt would i be able to get away with this or is that too much for a stock A20... also i did have a ? wit a short ram intake the stock intake comes off the throtle body then wraps around to the filter and then has that long pipe on it well there is a box with vacume hoses coming off of it wat do i do with that when i install a short ram intake

Ichiban
10-14-2008, 07:38 PM
how come you dont think i should go wit a 282 cam for a turbo also i was thinkin bout gettin my ZEX kit and jus puttin some lower jets in like a 35shot or somethin till i can have the motor pulled to be buildt would i be able to get away with this or is that too much for a stock A20... also i did have a ? wit a short ram intake the stock intake comes off the throtle body then wraps around to the filter and then has that long pipe on it well there is a box with vacume hoses coming off of it wat do i do with that when i install a short ram intake

TOOO much overlap between lobes. Intake charge goes straight out the exhaust. Scavenging is great for a N/A setup, not so much with forced induction.

I like my gucci purse, and I like kicking old ladies. Where's the problem?

God
10-14-2008, 07:46 PM
TOOO much overlap between lobes. Intake charge goes straight out the exhaust. Scavenging is great for a N/A setup, not so much with forced induction.

I like my gucci purse, and I like kicking old ladies. Where's the problem?

well im glad you like your purse and everyone needs a hobby i guess yours is kicking old ladies lol....

so the 272/282 hybrid would be good for a turbo then and also wat bout that 35 shot on a stock bottom end????

2ndGenGuy
10-14-2008, 08:40 PM
If the bottom end can't handle 35hp via Nitrous, it woudln't handle boost so well either. I think a 35 shot would be fine. Probably get away with a 50 shot for a while I'd bet.

God
10-14-2008, 09:56 PM
yea after i said a 35 shot zex i seen the smallest injectors they offer is a 55 might have to go wit a NOS or Venom Kit not sure though im jus lookin to get a few extra ponies outta her before a do my hopeful 325-350whp A20 + 75shot NOS if that dont get me into the 12's i will personally drive the car into a lake

evil88accordLX
10-14-2008, 10:29 PM
He did tell his disciples to be in one Accord...

13 dudes in one Accord.....have to be a stretch Aerodeck or some shit.

bobafett
10-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I think a 35-55 shot is fine as long as it is setup properly. Boost will add a lot more power than that if you do it right! :) The bottom ends are okay in these motors, but the weakness is we have no easy way to tune them.

Even the 272/282 hybrid is a bit sketchy imo for turbo setup. I haven't heard any results of people using non-stock cams for boosted setups. I feel like a 272 would be okay possibly, but having had a 282 in my car I wouldn't want that on the turbo setup. you just overlap your power away! like was mentioned above. :)

2ndGenGuy
10-14-2008, 11:16 PM
"God woudln't be up this late..."

ghettogeddy
10-14-2008, 11:20 PM
13 dudes in one Accord.....have to be a stretch Aerodeck or some shit.

or they all have to be mexican lol

2oodoor
10-15-2008, 03:26 AM
or they all have to be mexican lol

wait a second, can you say H E double hockey sticks ? here's yur sign :devil:

Looks like the heavanly farter has done some homework. :welcome:

89T
10-15-2008, 03:58 AM
yea after i said a 35 shot zex i seen the smallest injectors they offer is a 55 might have to go wit a NOS or Venom Kit not sure though im jus lookin to get a few extra ponies outta her before a do my hopeful 325-350whp A20 + 75shot NOS if that dont get me into the 12's i will personally drive the car into a lake
i doubt you'll pull 325-350hp on 14 psi.......
you may be able to get that with 14 psi + 100 shot.
or possibly 20 psi and a 50 shot.
figures taken from banks turbo.
figure n/a hp + 8% gain per pound of boost.

say 100hp n/a = 8hp per psi
8hp X 14psi = 112hp
112hp + 100hp = 212hp

i have compared figures with my dyno sheet and the figures were within 2 hp.

at the same 100hp
8hp x 25psi = 200hp
200hp + 100hp = 300hp

if you pull 350hp on 14psi without nitrous you would be god! lol!

God
10-15-2008, 05:04 AM
First off God is always everywhere so :tongue: and so wat if my peeps are beaners :bandit: but yea i have started to look around have been gettin a lot of info... but are you tellin me that after i build the motor im still only going to be doin 100whp this is a list of wat im lookin to do

Block Prep:+.020", 9.2:1
Head Prep:Race Port and Polish, High Compression Valve Springs(Wanna bout a 7500 red line still looking into companys)Delta 262 cam
Skunk2 B Series Intake Manifold
Skunk2 B Series 70mm Throtle Body
MSD-6A Ignition
MSD Blaster 2 Coil
10mm MSD Spark Plug Wires
35 Shot NOS(Bumped up to a 75-100shot after build)
Pacesetter Header(Till I get motor buildt for turbo)
2.5"Exhaust(No cats strait pipe wit a fart can out the back)
Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump/Filter
Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Regulater
Skunk2 Fuel Rail
Wepon R Short Ram Intake
Golden Eagel Adjustable Cam Gear
AC Delete(Saves weight and a few ponies)
Skunk2 550cc injectors
OBD1 Conversion
AEM Standalone EMS

Then After the Motor Gets Completly Buildt
T3/T4 Turbo(3" intake piping)
FMI
Blitz BOV
Greddy Wastegate
Greddy Electric Boost Controler(Electric 4-6psi street, 14-18psi race)

This is jus a real basic mod list there is a few minor things im hoping will get a few extra ponies but im still going for 325-350whp without juice the that extra 75-100 with the push of a botton but tell me wat you guys think

bobafett
10-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Overall I think it sounds like a pretty decent plan. Here are some things I might revise if I was doing it...

Start with 3" exhaust. You will want it once you are boosted, no sense in buying 2.25" or 2.5" and then paying again for 3" once you can use it.

Fuel rail is sort of a waste of money unless there is a specific reason for going there (I wanted to be able to easily run -AN fuel lines, and to have a fuel pressure gauge on the rail - if you won't be doing that, consider just running a stock B-series rail)

Personally I think 550cc injectors might be a bit too small. Here is a web page that can help you calculate that: http://www.injector.com/injectorselection.php

With 350hp, and a BSFC of .65 at a max duty cycle of 80%, we need 746cc/min fuel injectors.

With a larger turbo like a t3/t4 (depending on the size you go with) 4-6 psi is going to be way out of the efficiency range. Also, it would be sort of impossible to hold a stable 14-18 psi if you have a 4psi wastegate spring. Try something like a 10-12 psi spring which should be much more reliable at higher boost pressures. You don't want it failing up there at the end of an 18psi freeway pull. Also, if you motor is tuned well enough to handle 18 psi, it will handle 10-12 psi allllll day long. :)

Lastly, I would urge you to consider what you might spend to get an OBD1 conversion and the AEM EMS. Part #: 30-1040U $2,105.61 comes with a wideband, but also factor in the cost of a distributor http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__92-93-94-95-HONDA-ACCORD-PRELUDE-2-2L-TD52-DISTRIBUTOR_W0QQitemZ170270599549QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q2 0TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZ ViewItem?hash=item170270599549&_trkparms=72%3A836|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1309&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245 about $130, etc etc, it can add up to a decent amount, especially if you factor the cost of your ignition parts. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__MSD-6-BTM-Ignition-Box-P-N-6462_W0QQitemZ400001957104QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ 20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewIte m?hash=item400001957104&_trkparms=72%3A836|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

It can get close to $3000 really fast just for engine management, not counting fueling costs. It might be worth it to just run a true standalone system in this case. I think it was close to 3k for my engine management setup, but there are a couple of additional costs like the crimping tool for the metri-pack and weather-pack connectors, a separate wideband sensor, and machining costs for the trigger wheel to be mounted to the crank pulley.

Overall you will have a better setup (imo) but probably going to have a much steeper learning curve to get it tuned. However I can provide you with a solid base map that will start and idle and low throttle work great for an accord with stock injectors and a 3 bar map sensor. :)

If you DO want more info I am happy to help point you in the right direction.

bobafett
10-15-2008, 07:40 AM
I have a couple threads you might browse through to learn more if you are inclined:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64229

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7872 - skip ahead in this thread, it started in 02 when i was thinking about getting boosted. just keep bumping ahead until you see pictures, that is where it gets interesting. :)

89T
10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
no the 100hp was just an example....
listen to bobbafett though, he really knows his shit...

it sounds like a solid build, except for the exhaust and injectors in my opinion they are too small.

i am running 850cc injectors at 14 psi and under full boost their at 45% duty cycle.

God
10-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Yea thats what i thought jus makin sure though and those links were really helpful your build is amazin is that a painless chassis harness cuz it kinda looks for it I do wanna go wit a AEM Standalone though and is that part number you gave me earlyer the one i would need when i convert to OBD-1 but i was wonderin i wanna install a short ram intake but i was lookin at the stock air box and there is a sensor on the box behind the manifold what do i do about that? how do i hook up a short ram intake its a Wepon R short ram from www.andysautosport.com

bobafett
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Part #: 30-1040U will work for a B18A (P75) Integra, this is normally the ECU that many people start with for their OBD1 swap. It should be compatible with an ODB1 swapped accord.

Yes, I am using a painless 12 circuit 'drag' fuse panel on my car, talk about a PITA! Although I got rid of a lot of wires, they are taking up 2 boxes in my garage. ;-)

My 86 definitely didn't have any sensors on the back of the IM that had anything to do with the intake system, just a few vacuum lines. It should just be a matter of clamping the new intake on to the throttle body, and removing all the stock plastic junk just to get it out of the way.

Might have a few vacuum lines to reroute, but its generally simple stuff.

gfrg88
10-15-2008, 05:17 PM
i doubt you'll pull 325-350hp on 14 psi.......
you may be able to get that with 14 psi + 100 shot.
or possibly 20 psi and a 50 shot.
figures taken from banks turbo.
figure n/a hp + 8% gain per pound of boost.

say 100hp n/a = 8hp per psi
8hp X 14psi = 112hp
112hp + 100hp = 212hp

i have compared figures with my dyno sheet and the figures were within 2 hp.

at the same 100hp
8hp x 25psi = 200hp
200hp + 100hp = 300hp

if you pull 350hp on 14psi without nitrous you would be god! lol!

349WHP on 10 psi ;)

am i god??

89T
10-15-2008, 06:53 PM
and that was on a a20 accord?

God
10-15-2008, 07:18 PM
im not sure exactly wat the term would be but the piping goes from the throtle body go to the box behind the manifold the "sensor" is on the drivers side of the car and has 2 vacum lines coming off it, it is held on by two screws wat is that and is it something the i can jus take off or will it screw into the short ram and then i will jus need to run longer vacum lines

evil88accordLX
10-15-2008, 10:00 PM
349WHP on 10 psi ;)

am i god??

no, you seem to be able to spell, use correct punctuation, and form coherent sentences. you are definitely NOT god.

God
10-16-2008, 04:37 PM
no, you seem to be able to spell, use correct punctuation, and form coherent sentences. you are definitely NOT god.

Im going to ask you nicely if you are jus going to be on here to hate dont post if you have helpful information then you are more then welcome im very thankful for the people on here like bobafet and the others im not tryin to be a dick but people that have nothing better to do but say shit bout someone they dont even kno over a screen really need to grow up not going to lie... thank you and have a nice day

gfrg88
10-16-2008, 07:35 PM

:stick:

LOL, it was on h22.. i was jus being a whore like always..

2oodoor
10-17-2008, 04:14 AM
figured he could pick up a ride at Zues Lexus

my bad, he rides Infinity

God
10-17-2008, 05:05 AM
Lastly, I would urge you to consider what you might spend to get an OBD1 conversion and the AEM EMS. Part #: 30-1040U $2,105.61 comes with a wideband, but also factor in the cost of a distributor

It can get close to $3000 really fast just for engine management, not counting fueling costs. It might be worth it to just run a true standalone system in this case. I think it was close to 3k for my engine management setup, but there are a couple of additional costs like the crimping tool for the metri-pack and weather-pack connectors, a separate wideband sensor, and machining costs for the trigger wheel to be mounted to the crank pulley.

Overall you will have a better setup (imo) but probably going to have a much steeper learning curve to get it tuned. However I can provide you with a solid base map that will start and idle and low throttle work great for an accord with stock injectors and a 3 bar map sensor. :)

If you DO want more info I am happy to help point you in the right direction.

If I did go with the AEM EMS wouldnt that cause the computer to try and put the VTECH on a NON-VTECH Motor and make it run really rich... Im startin to think stuff out now so i dont run into it later if it would be possible for you to give me more information on the EMS you are running i would really appriceiate it thanks

2oodoor
10-17-2008, 07:56 AM

sometimes he uses mobile txt so you know how he rolls

Accordtheory
10-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Just to throw my $.02 or whatever in here, first, why are you guys talking about the aem system so much, when, among others, the hondata s300 is way cheaper, and just as valid as an option? The s300 can also do boost control, boost by gear, and boost vs rpm in a certain gear, and it has a lot of other neat features most people probably don't even use. The aem can run coil packs and staged injection, but you don't need that for 400whp or so, that's for sure.
You also don't need the expensive a1000 pump or aeromotive fpr either, the walbro will do fine up to a little over 600whp, and an oem regulator (94+ gsr, 99-00si) will work too up to around that level. That's for 91 octane though, for e85, figure you need about 30% more fuel.
I also say don't run nitrous, I look down on that shit as something for people who don't know how to make power any other way. It's also pretty easy to damage your motor using nitrous..

evil88accordLX
10-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Im going to ask you nicely if you are jus going to be on here to hate dont post if you have helpful information then you are more then welcome im very thankful for the people on here like bobafet and the others im not tryin to be a dick but people that have nothing better to do but say shit bout someone they dont even kno over a screen really need to grow up not going to lie... thank you and have a nice day

im not trying to hate or be a dick, but it gets frustrating to try and decipher what you are saying/what your question is when there is only one big giant run-on sentence of 100+ phonetically spelled words.

Accordtheory
10-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Here are my quick revisions to this list..written in about a minute.
Block Prep:+.020", 9.2:1
You might not even need to go .5mm over with only 56k on the block.

Head Prep:Race Port and Polish,
Most people don't know how to do this properly. Flow tested after it's done to prove it was worth it? I'd personally pay more for an untouched head than a head done by some random shop.

High Compression Valve Springs(Wanna bout a 7500 red line still looking into companys)Delta 262 cam
Maybe.

Skunk2 B Series Intake Manifold
Or aebs, if you want to save a little $.

Skunk2 B Series 70mm Throtle Body
Not really necessary. An oem b series would work fine.

MSD-6A Ignition
MSD Blaster 2 Coil
10mm MSD Spark Plug Wires
Probably also not necessary. People on h-t always say msd products are garbage, who knows..

2.5"Exhaust(No cats strait pipe wit a fart can out the back)
Just go with a 3" right away. I'd never run a tip bigger than the actual piping diameter, it is pointless and just makes it louder and more annoying.

Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Pump/Filter
Aeromotive A1000 Fuel Regulater
Skunk2 Fuel Rail
Walbro, oem, and oem.

Golden Eagel Adjustable Cam Gear
Probably not necessary.

550cc injectors
Too small. Go to rceng.com and use their calculator. If you want to save a little $ and don't need bigger, you can use modified wrx injectors, I think they're around 780cc and they are saturated, so you can lose the stupid resistor box. Honda ecus do not have true peak and hold driver circuitry. I sold a set of those for about $130, if I remember correctly.

OBD1 Conversion
AEM Standalone EMS
I'd go with the Hondata s300.

Then After the Motor Gets Completly Buildt
T3/T4 Turbo(3" intake piping)
2.5 or 2.75 is perfectly adequate.

FMI
Make sure it's large enough..
Blitz BOV
Personal preference, I guess.

Greddy Wastegate
Tial 44m v band?

Greddy Electric Boost Controler(Electric 4-6psi street, 14-18psi race)
Not necessary with the s300. Just need a solenoid and a few add ons to the ecu.

LX-incredible
10-18-2008, 12:43 PM
if I Did Go With The Aem Ems Wouldnt That Cause The Computer To Try And Put The Vtech On A Non-vtech Motor And Make It Run Really Rich... Im Startin To Think Stuff Out Now So I Dont Run Into It Later If It Would Be Possible For You To Give Me More Information On The Ems You Are Running I Would Really Appriceiate It Thanks

VTECH yo!!!!!!!!!!!!

2oodoor
10-18-2008, 04:11 PM
LXincredible I Was Thinking The SameThing ,Sounds Like (God) Is Building a D series.

But hey have fun and don't use all the golden eggs on wasted parts. No body is hating, but you should expect some freindlee flaming with the screen name dood u picked it knowing it was intimidating or obnoxious get your head otto Dee clouds piece and good will to all men k thanx

Accordtheory
10-18-2008, 05:35 PM
If I did go with the AEM EMS wouldnt that cause the computer to try and put the VTECH on a NON-VTECH Motor and make it run really rich... Im startin to think stuff out now so i dont run into it later if it would be possible for you to give me more information on the EMS you are running i would really appriceiate it thanks

I started cracking up when I read this, but it's actually not really a dumb question for someone who is learning this shit.
First, it's vtec, not vtech. Valve Timing Electronic Control.
The answer is that vtec can be disabled or enabled, the tune is what determines how the motor runs. Obviously the wire to the vtec solenoid will not go anywhere or do anything either way with a non vtec head. Same with the vtec oil pressure sensor. The reason for leaving the vtec enabled in the software is higher resolution in the high rpm maps. The hondata system, and most others, have separate maps for the high cam and low cam.

God
10-18-2008, 07:13 PM
I started cracking up when I read this, but it's actually not really a dumb question for someone who is learning this shit.
First, it's vtec, not vtech. Valve Timing Electronic Control.
The answer is that vtec can be disabled or enabled, the tune is what determines how the motor runs. Obviously the wire to the vtec solenoid will not go anywhere or do anything either way with a non vtec head. Same with the vtec oil pressure sensor. The reason for leaving the vtec enabled in the software is higher resolution in the high rpm maps. The hondata system, and most others, have separate maps for the high cam and low cam.

Again im not really that good with Honda terms sorry but I was told when I do a OBD1 conversion I should use a stock P75 ECU and then after I get it running have it chipped. This is the most confusing part of this build is the conversion, Im not the best when it comes to wiring however Im not afraid to learn as long as I have someone that has done it willing to take the time to explain it. I mean thats what building a car is about not just seeing who can make the fastest one(though it is fun) but helping each other while doing it. Also the vacume lines are throwing me off really bad its kinda hard to fallow em when Im not exactly sure what is what and what is a must have and what is something that I dont need.

rjudgey
10-19-2008, 11:36 AM
If your only running to 7500rpm just use 2nd gen prelude carbed head springs, also headwork go to this place they seem to be the people who know what they are doing off, and use web cam grind.

http://www.cccylinderheads.com/

Accordtheory
10-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Again im not really that good with Honda terms sorry but I was told when I do a OBD1 conversion I should use a stock P75 ECU and then after I get it running have it chipped. This is the most confusing part of this build is the conversion

Get a diagram of the a20 harness/connections at the ecu, get a diagram of the obd1 pinout, take an obd1 harness, and merge it together with the a20 harness, adding the necessary wires for the distributor, o2, etc. Certain things you change clean up your engine bay, like using the b series map sensor on the throttle body, the b series iacv on the manifold instead of the remote mounted iac on the accord, etc. Make a separate subconnector at the firewall for the additional wires, and run that to an obd0-obd1 jumper at the ecu. You'll want to practice soldering and heat shrinking before you attempt this, obviously. I'd say the technically most difficult aspect of this is adapting an obd1 distributor to the a20. I have not done this myself, but a few people on here have, I guess. It's not really that hard to do though.
The stupid vacuum box and all of those lines will be removed, including the entire egr system. All you'll have with obd1 is your evap purge charcoal canister shit, your hoses to your pcv valve, brake booster, fpr, little shit like that.
As far as the p75, "chipped" I guess, more like socketed and converted to something like the s300, neptune, ectune, crome, etc. A p75 map would run the stock a20, but not ideally. For forced induction, of course you would need a tuneable solution.

God
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Get a diagram of the a20 harness/connections at the ecu, get a diagram of the obd1 pinout, take an obd1 harness, and merge it together with the a20 harness, adding the necessary wires for the distributor, o2, etc. Certain things you change clean up your engine bay, like using the b series map sensor on the throttle body, the b series iacv on the manifold instead of the remote mounted iac on the accord, etc. Make a separate subconnector at the firewall for the additional wires, and run that to an obd0-obd1 jumper at the ecu. You'll want to practice soldering and heat shrinking before you attempt this, obviously. I'd say the technically most difficult aspect of this is adapting an obd1 distributor to the a20. I have not done this myself, but a few people on here have, I guess. It's not really that hard to do though.
The stupid vacuum box and all of those lines will be removed, including the entire egr system. All you'll have with obd1 is your evap purge charcoal canister shit, your hoses to your pcv valve, brake booster, fpr, little shit like that.
As far as the p75, "chipped" I guess, more like socketed and converted to something like the s300, neptune, ectune, crome, etc. A p75 map would run the stock a20, but not ideally. For forced induction, of course you would need a tuneable solution.

can u jus order a hondata s300 that plugs into where the p75 did