PDA

View Full Version : pcv valve location

evil88accordLX
10-14-2008, 12:32 PM
does anyone have a picture of the location of the pcv valve? ive searched with no luck, and the haynes manual offers no pics for a carb'd vehicle. so many freaking hoses i dont even know where to begin.

2oodoor
10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
it is right in front of the carb, there is a hole made in the manifold there and you will see a U shaped short fat hose. the pvc is directly under that hose. There is a hard plastic tube that snaps in that hold made in the manifold from underneath. Careful because all that is brittle.

2oodoor
10-14-2008, 01:40 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/1223071937.jpg

see the large circle made in the manifold, that is where it is. sorry the only pic I can find right now.

evil88accordLX
10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
excellent, thank you!

evil88accordLX
10-14-2008, 10:15 PM
okay so this was by far the most time consuming PITA thing ive replaced/fixed so far. both top and bottom hoses discintegrated, as did the grommet that fits in the hole. i had to remove the oil filter to even reach the bottom hose. my car now has a ford part on it as i stole some hose from a dead taurus. :( 5 hours and an hour shower later however, the car has lost all its bad hesitation, rough idle, and generally shitty performance. totally recommend doing this if your car starts acting up. just be prepared to do lots of cursing and intoxicating afterwards.

Demon1024
10-15-2008, 01:43 AM
i've got an almost complete fi swap if you want it in a parts car just no ecu....
you gotta come by fiesta liqour in springdale sometime and show me your car. do a mini shoot or something

2oodoor
10-15-2008, 03:31 AM
what hose did you use from a taurus?
I was using a mopar v8 heater bypass hose, it fits right on the oil box thing, and then I adapt up from there. I have been using the plastic housing for the pvc but trimming off the crumbled part, just been lucky there was enough of it there to scavenge.

Dr_Snooz
10-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Yeah, that whole PCV system is kinda a big fail. My lower hose got real hard and started leaking, so I replaced it. Then when I did my swap the stupid breather box snapped at the upper neck. Tried gluing it; no dice. Replaced it with a earlier box (steel neck) and the upper hose tore. Then when I got it all back together, the box leaked at the block. I think everything is new back there now. No drips so far...

That's a good one to belly up, buy everything new for it, fix it once and be done.

evil88accordLX
10-15-2008, 08:58 AM
i've got an almost complete fi swap if you want it in a parts car just no ecu....
you gotta come by fiesta liqour in springdale sometime and show me your car. do a mini shoot or something

i will try to make it down there sometime in the near future. the car is trashed right now as i just moved from bentonville to rogers and have been neglecting the poor thing somewhat. as far as EFI, that will have to probably wait until im ready to yank and rebuild the engine.

roodoo, i believe its a breather hose. i used it to replace the upper U shaped hose.