PDA

View Full Version : Weird

import racer
10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Ok I Go Over Town Tonight ,when I Get Back In The Car I Turn On My Headlights.the Headlights Come On And The Wipers Too,they Won't Turn Off And The Wiper Switch Isn't Even On.oh And The Red Light For The Headlights Is On Too.the One In The Dash Pic Of Car.anyone Have Any Idea Why This Happened.when I Got Home I Turned The Lights Off And Back On And Now They Work Fine.oh Yeah The Left Signal Flashed Faster Than The Right One When This Happened.

evil88accordLX
10-14-2008, 11:30 PM
you have a short, possibly in the combo switch.

import racer
10-15-2008, 06:03 AM
yeah i thought it might be the combo switch but it's never done this before and i haven't done anything to the car in a while.

evil88accordLX
10-15-2008, 09:32 PM
its the gremlins. 20 years of hot and cold can eventually turn your electrical system against you. most of us have them in one way or another. they come and go as they please. unless they become a problem or something stops working completely, i just deal with them.

import racer
11-01-2008, 12:47 PM
well my headlight problem came back again.so today i tried the combo switch out of the exi but that didn;t work,it didn't work right in the exi either.i wasn't sure what the problem was in the exi but i guess it was the switch.anyway i put the switch back in and the light in the car layout was on and the headlights were dimmly lit w/o the light turned on.don't know if it's the switch or something else.any help would be appreciated.there are not alot of these cars in the j/y around here so it's hard to find another switch,if that's what it is.

import racer
11-01-2008, 02:56 PM
anyone?

russiankid
11-01-2008, 03:27 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60916

import racer
11-01-2008, 04:42 PM
thanks already read that,gonna get some dielectric grease tomorrow and do the headlight and wiper switches.

russiankid
11-01-2008, 04:46 PM
No problem.

Dr_Snooz
11-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Good write up Russian. I need to get after my wiper switch and this will definitely help. Thanks!

import racer
11-02-2008, 11:07 AM
still having problems,i took the switch from the exi and cleaned it.put it back in car andtried the lights,lights work but when i tried high beams it startedto beep,dash lights came on and the tach jumped.whats wrong with this thing.are the switches wired differently.help!

import racer
11-02-2008, 12:45 PM
bump

import racer
11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
well i took the switch apart and checked it again and all contacts are clean.put it back in and it's fine with parking lights on,only screws up when turn on headlights.the dash lights flash,the tach jumps and sounds like one of the headlight motors is trying to open or close.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS FUCKED UP.

Keachman1
11-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Check your ground wires on the drivers side next to the evaporator on the radiator support. Mine did the same thing and they were loose. Yours maybe corroded. They may be on the fenderwell also towards the front in the space where the air conditioner dryer is located. Let me know if this helps.

import racer
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
do you mean the grounds to the lights or the engine.

import racer
11-07-2008, 03:08 PM
OK got another combination switch today and put it in,IT"S STILL FUCKED UP does anyone have any help with problem.I just don't understand whst's causing this.

import racer
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
bump!

import racer
11-07-2008, 06:24 PM
what's a guy gotta do to get help on here!

Dr_Snooz
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't think anyone knows.

import racer
11-08-2008, 10:10 AM
could it be the fuse panel under the dash.

import racer
11-09-2008, 12:51 PM
OK changed high beam relay,4-way flasher,int wiper relay in fuse panel.changed headlights,checked headlight wires with test light,all seem ok.but wipers still come on when i turn on high beams or signal left,works fine when i signal right.

import racer
11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
well today i decided to start outside looking for bad connections.the signal light connector on the drivers side was corroded so i cut it off and spliced one off the parts car.iI soldered it and taped it up,this on had the rubber boot over the connector which the other one didn't.but still have the problem,and when i turn on the lights with key on the retractor relay was clicking and the headlight motor was trying to open and close continually til i shut the key off.this shit really has me stumped.wireing is not my favorite thing.

Lil Mike
11-10-2008, 01:38 PM
electrical problems are something your going to have to figure out yourself, or bring it to a shop. they are really hard to explain through a keyboard without seeing what exactly is happening.

2ndGenGuy
11-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Some mice eat the wiring behind your fuse box? Any wires pinched in the steering column?

import racer
11-10-2008, 04:58 PM
no i had the fuse box out tried another one didn't do anything.changed ign switch didn't do anything.but when i turned lights on and off a few timesi heard the headlight motor relay clicking and it sounded like the drivers side motor was trying to open and close repeatedly.could it be the motor for that.

Dr_Snooz
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
You have a shop manual right? You have to sit down with it and trace out the circuit. Perform the diagnostic for every module on the circuit. If they all check out, then you get to look for bad connections and jacked up wires.

Lucky you.

lostforawhile
11-10-2008, 08:30 PM
that has to be a bad ground, that would explain the headlights being on dimly, something is trying to ground,and it's following the headlight path and causing ground current to flow through a headlight, this is also sending confusing signals to the headlight retractor motor control box , check all your grounds,look under the dash witha good flashlight. if something is supposed to have a ground, and it can't follow it's normal ground path,it's going to find a path through another circuit. do the accords there have the ground under the passenger seat? there is a major ground wire that goes to the seat frame. it comes from the dash.

import racer
11-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Well I Checked By The Fuse Panel Under The Dash But Found No Grounds There.i Know There Is A Ground Under The Drivers Seat By The Control Modual,not Sure About Under Pass Seat.i'll Check That Out,electrical Is Not My Strong Suit,but I'll Keep Looking.thanks!

lostforawhile
11-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Well I Checked By The Fuse Panel Under The Dash But Found No Grounds There.i Know There Is A Ground Under The Drivers Seat By The Control Modual,not Sure About Under Pass Seat.i'll Check That Out,electrical Is Not My Strong Suit,but I'll Keep Looking.thanks!I know on my hatch there is one for the control box under one seat,then another under the passenger seat,the one under the passenger seat,it attached to the seat support framework,look around the edges of the carpet under the seat. also check your connector plugs under the dash make sure they are connected all the way together, I know on the USDM models,there is one if it comes loose,it causes this, talking about the large multiconnector plugs under the middle of the dash towards the front. they make look secure but they can be loose and not look like it.

import racer
11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
found the ground under pass seat,it was corroded but i cleaned it up and no difference.the connector your talking about is it behind the radio or in that area.

lostforawhile
11-11-2008, 05:27 PM
found the ground under pass seat,it was corroded but i cleaned it up and no difference.the connector your talking about is it behind the radio or in that area.it's towards the middle of the dash,look under the dash just past the key surround area underneath should be a number of large multiconnector plugs together,possibly one blue and one yellow.

import racer
11-11-2008, 05:44 PM
I'll check that out tommorrow too cold and dark tonight.How do i check for continuity in the headlight wire,i can't reach both ends of the headlight wires w/o taking out the harness.The leads on the meter aren't that long?

lostforawhile
11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I'll check that out tommorrow too cold and dark tonight.How do i check for continuity in the headlight wire,i can't reach both ends of the headlight wires w/o taking out the harness.The leads on the meter aren't that long?
I really think it's a ground, thats just too many oddball things at once. usually it has a common source as a ground wire,I also think there is a big ground behind the instrument cluster.

import racer
11-11-2008, 06:54 PM
YEAH thats what i 've been told but it's such a pita trying to find it.DO you think i should pull the instruments and look behind there.

lostforawhile
11-11-2008, 07:10 PM
YEAH thats what i 've been told but it's such a pita trying to find it.DO you think i should pull the instruments and look behind there.
if you know how, I can't remember exactly where that connector is, but i believe it's behind the cluster, also check the plugs at the back of the cluster, one of the grounds won't work if one of the plugs is loose.

Dr_Snooz
11-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey Lost, I have a question: short of someone stabbing around under the dash with something sharp, how would a ground wire go bad like that?

lostforawhile
11-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Hey Lost, I have a question: short of someone stabbing around under the dash with something sharp, how would a ground wire go bad like that?they get corrosion under the terminals,or the bolts they are attached too get loose. it's common to have grounds going in something 20 plus years old.

import racer
11-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Well I Think I Fixed Finally,there Is A Plug On Rad Support By Washer Jug With A Lot Of Wires To It.i Thought It Was Just Something That Wasn't Used,but After I Cleaned The Grease Off It I Saw They Were All Grounds Going To It.so I Cleaned Up Where It Bolts On And Used New Bolt.everything Seems To Be Ok Now.i'll Let You Know If It Stays Working.

Keachman1
12-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Told ya so.......

import racer
12-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks.