PDA

View Full Version : general direction

Prime 61
10-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Getting an 89 2 door accord this week just wondering what's. The best lowering combo and where to get it also. Strut tower bars sway bars and a rear disk brake conversion thanx

codyJDM
10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Tokico blues and ground control coilovers are the absolute best way to go if you can afford them. About 200$ for struts and $300 for coilovers. There are other better alternatives but they are much more expensive and harder to find/make if you have the skills.

Strut bars are hard to come by as well. Justin86 used to make them bu I think I might have bought his last set a few months back. Check with him though. You can also try and find the DC sports strut bar floating around ebay or the like, good luck with that though.

Sway bars have tons of options, just use the search function :D

And last but not least rear discs come off an SE-i and you'll need the rear spindles and e-brake cable to make it work. You can get this all from a junkyard.

Hope that helps, welcome to 3geez :wave:

86AccordLxi
10-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Tokicos are most assuredly not the best way to go with ground controls (especially), but may be your only option at this point. Konis are better, revalved konis or bilsteins are probably the best bet, unless you use civic struts and modify the perches.

Alex

codyJDM
10-14-2008, 06:32 PM
They're the best way to go for a guy new into a third gen because they're easy to acquire. Not everyone(including me) can get a hold of konis lol.

*edit

I lied, Bilsteins just popped up on ebay.

Prime 61
10-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanx for the info what's. The most the 3rd Gen can be lowered without crazy modifications. And thanks for havin me

codyJDM
10-14-2008, 07:21 PM
2.25" is the most you can go without revalving, trimming Accord struts, or using civic struts. That's how far I am dropped and I am on Tokico blues and the ride is great.

Prime 61
11-02-2008, 04:49 PM
How would drop zone springs and tokico blues work is this a good combo?

codyJDM
11-02-2008, 05:31 PM
How would drop zone springs and tokico blues work is this a good combo?

That would be fine, dropzones are 2.25" front and rear if I'm not mistaken and that is the lowest you can safely go.

Prime 61
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks keep you up dated how it rides still workin on removing useless weight does any 1 have any experience rally crossing a 3rd Gen not dirt but those hardtop courses?

Prime 61
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
How or where would you send struts /shocks to be revalved? And how is it done