PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Mess

God
10-14-2008, 06:11 PM
So the kid i jus bought my 86 hatchback from was a dumbass and instead of spending 6 bucks to get the adaptor for a headunit jus cut the wires wat wires are wat for the headunit cuz i cant get my head unit wired for the hell of it and its pissin me off i also have a 10" JL Audio W7 wit a JL Audio 500/1 Amp and a .5 farad cap that im going to hook up when i figure out the headunit but any help is very helpful thanks

codyJDM
10-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Mine is the same way. Im pissed about it.

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: White/Yellow
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow/Red
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Red/Black
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Yellow/White
Car Stereo Cell Phone Mute Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 5 1/4″
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/Black
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Black
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2″
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Yellow
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red/Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White

God
10-14-2008, 06:59 PM
K dumb ? but wat is a radio illumination wire?

codyJDM
10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Radio illumination is for the stock deck, it tells it when to light up with the headlights.

Civic Accord Honda
10-15-2008, 01:38 AM
hayyyy not dumbass to cut wireing :lol: i allways do i just cut it enough so if i ever need to the stock plug can be re solderd back on plus i dont use the oem speaker wire (trust me aftermarket sounds much more crisp you deffently tell a diffrence )

A18A
10-15-2008, 02:38 AM
actually the illumination wire is what makes the lights dim when the headlights are on :P aftermarket decks should have this wire too

codyJDM
10-15-2008, 05:48 AM
actually the illumination wire is what makes the lights dim when the headlights are on :P aftermarket decks should have this wire too

lol yes thats what I meant :slap:

AccordB20A
10-15-2008, 10:29 AM

Funny i had to explain that to alex yesterday also lol

ghettogeddy
10-15-2008, 10:56 AM

not anymore they dont

still even then i never hooked it up lol

and i think all the add on harness plugs dont include it anymore to lol

DBMaster
10-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Sony head units used to include a separate wire for the backlighting which also would have been able to take advantage of the voltage drop that occurs when you turn on the parking lights or headlights. Alas, none of the decks I ever bought had a separate wire for illumination. Maybe I am just buying cheap-ass head units.

mykwikcoupe
11-22-2008, 08:50 PM
add another to the list of crackheads that cant install aftermarket stereos. I bought a 87 hatch with the same symptoms. Why dont people use there brains for things other than hatracks

Civic Accord Honda
11-22-2008, 09:12 PM
add another to the list of crackheads that cant install aftermarket stereos. I bought a 87 hatch with the same symptoms. Why dont people use there brains for things other than hatracks

foo i anit no crack head and i always cut the harness cause most the time i never plan on going back to stock and if i do i keep the harness so i can wire it back on :p

AccordB20A
11-22-2008, 09:33 PM
yeah. same, off with the stock plug and solder/heatshrink headunit wires right to it.

mykwikcoupe
11-22-2008, 11:40 PM
a good connection is a good connection. I dont see the need to do away with a 6 dollar adapter harness for nothing less than ease of use. Its not like people run competetive systems in these cars anyways. The stock wires get too short to do anything with and why waste the time soldering and all that heatshrink. I guess its just me. Sorry guys

Dr_Snooz
11-23-2008, 07:15 AM
I swapped out a Blaupunkt installed by someone else. They crimped everything and didn't leave me a lot of wire after I cut all that out. I used bullet crimp connectors. Everybody can get those so there's no need to cut any more off the wires.

mushroom_toy
12-01-2008, 07:50 PM
wire-wire is the correct way. Harness is a waste of money.

mykwikcoupe
12-01-2008, 08:15 PM
wire-wire is the correct way. Harness is a waste of money.

is this why every auto manufature uses a wiring harness on everything instead of just hardwiring everything. In the assumption most parts dont need to be swapped out but rebiult, why not just make it easy and hardwire?

A good connection is a good connection regaurdless of how its made wether its done with crimps or a clip.

mushroom_toy
12-01-2008, 11:10 PM
is this why every auto manufature uses a wiring harness on everything instead of just hardwiring everything. In the assumption most parts dont need to be swapped out but rebiult, why not just make it easy and hardwire?

A good connection is a good connection regaurdless of how its made wether its done with crimps or a clip.

Thats what im saying. For most of us we will probably never remove the radio again unless we upgrade further. I think its a lot cheaper for solder and shrink tubing/electrical tape, than a $6-22 plug. Just my 2 cents.

mykwikcoupe
12-09-2008, 10:58 PM
ok so i just verified the correct wiring as posted above. I dont have power, all fuses are good and the clock doesnt work either. Any thoughts. Also where is the best place for the antenna to hide. i cant find the jack anywhere in the dash. I cant find to trace it from the a pillar. Any help?

mykwikcoupe
12-09-2008, 11:33 PM
fuse 13 marked radio is good, clock doesnt work im guessing for the same reason. The seatbelt/door buzzer doesnt have a memory. If i start the car or tun on the ignition with a seatbelt not plugged in or a door open it goes off. If you close the door or connect the seatbelt it stays going off with no change? Thansk for the help. Mike

2oodoor
12-10-2008, 05:09 AM
There is another radio fuse under the hood, usually the one that gets popped for me.
I am not sure what your buzzer problem is, the way it reads it sounds normal.
Is your warning center display showing doors /hatch ajar? Brake lamps all working?
I usually take out the ashtray and retainer hardware to work in the radio area.

mykwikcoupe
12-10-2008, 05:17 PM
its all fine and dandy with the buzzer but when both dorrs are closed or both seatbelts buckled it continues like its not registering the problem has been fixed? If i buckle up, close the door then start it works greeat but im a multi tasker. Im usually doing all at the same time while texting and drinking a rockstar

mykwikcoupe
12-10-2008, 09:15 PM
roodoo strikes again with the hood fuse. it didnt fix the seatbelt warning issue though

Civic Accord Honda
12-11-2008, 01:29 AM
its all fine and dandy with the buzzer but when both dorrs are closed or both seatbelts buckled it continues like its not registering the problem has been fixed? If i buckle up, close the door then start it works greeat but im a multi tasker. Im usually doing all at the same time while texting and drinking a rockstar
Oooo my civic does that too! if i open the door or take the belt off it with running it wont shut up also if i get in the car start car and put the belt on it still wont shut up unless i turn the car off... i need to find this beeper and kill it!

ghettogeddy
12-11-2008, 01:32 AM

ya i have the same prob in my hatch

VIPER1988
12-11-2008, 05:32 AM
if i remember correctly, i pulled the fuse for the cigg. lighter and the door/seatbelt buzzer shut up. that was on my 89 civic hatch. will check later.

Civic Accord Honda
12-11-2008, 10:20 PM
if i remember correctly, i pulled the fuse for the cigg. lighter and the door/seatbelt buzzer shut up. that was on my 89 civic hatch. will check later.i found the door buzzer there was a little speaker in the thing that goes around the mirror so i de-solderer the speaker all better now... just to to kill the buzzer for the key being in now

mykwikcoupe
12-12-2008, 10:18 PM
sorry I wish I could help. i replaced the fuze under the hood, the clock and radio work and the seat buzzer thing works as it should. Im guessing is a memory sort of thing? That or a safety circiut. try it out