PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for the 3gee... :/

jpetrovic
10-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Well. I was doing some searching around just browsing threw some honda forms... and well. i find that they us our cars for the butts of there jokes, when someone says something lame, they tell them to hop in there 88 accord and get the !@$% outta here. i know its lame but idk... dissapointing... soo i shook that off. i googled some honda info then found my self in another fourm i think it was about motor swaps. then some dude Posts this pic.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/Jpetrovic06/9026_Honda_Accord_5162007100059AM1.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u165/Jpetrovic06/9026_Honda_Accord_5162007100059AM2.jpg

soo the Civic owner, thought this 88 accord looked soooo funny he inquired about. the accord owner wants 2,500 for it he lives in NY. then everyone started talkin sh-t about it. yeahh... actually thats some pretty good bodywork :P i'd never do it. looks more like a back to the future car :P but it was pretty disapointing to see them rag on our cars soo hard... idk the names of the forms, they pretty much pissed me off to even care

MessyHonda
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
i remember thoes pics

LxAcc510
10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I never heard that joke. But that shit looks like one of those cars from japan. You know how they fix up all those 80's cars and put those big tall ass exhaust pipes shaped like a v. It looks like a car from that group... i forget wat they call it. But anywho...that car might've looked alright minus the wing. and rims lol

jpetrovic
10-19-2008, 07:33 PM
me eather.. but dammnn i wish i rememberd the fourm.. they used it quite heavily... yeah that spoiler really messes it up :P gosh... pisses me off. we need MUGEN Parts... i know most of you guys have allready signed that petition about the mugen parts but we have many new members, and well i think we should spread the word once again perhaps get another 100+ sigs in it... probly wont work. but better say we did something then do nothing right????

jdmaccordnut
10-20-2008, 06:48 PM
When people give you shit remind them of a few things:

1. The accord has double wishbone suspension front and back, unlike most Hondas

2. The accord has a better interior than a similar civic

3. The accord is different.

If you are a fast and furious boy racer who wants a JDM swap and to fit in with everyone else with a civic, go ahead and get a civic and say accords suck. Be sure to wear your hat backwards and install a huge subwoofer to blast your walmart ghetto rap CDs too.

Personally, I'd rather be driving my 3g Accord with a nice, simple, REFINED interior, decent performance, decent MPG, and looking subtly different from almost every other car on the road.

Oldblueaccord
10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Funny thing I think that white cars looks cool esp for a 4 door car.

wp

codyJDM
10-20-2008, 07:09 PM
When people give you shit remind them of a few things:

1. The accord has double wishbone suspension front and back, unlike most Hondas

2. The accord has a better interior than a similar civic

3. The accord is different.

If you are a fast and furious boy racer who wants a JDM swap and to fit in with everyone else with a civic, go ahead and get a civic and say accords suck. Be sure to wear your hat backwards and install a huge subwoofer to blast your walmart ghetto rap CDs too.

Personally, I'd rather be driving my 3g Accord with a nice, simple, REFINED interior, decent performance, decent MPG, and looking subtly different from almost every other car on the road.

x2 I take pride in driving something outside the typical jdmfanboi bandwagon. People always freak out when they see my car because the just never do, I'd say thats a hell of a lot better than driving some stereotypical civic or integra like everyone else.

lostforawhile
10-20-2008, 07:25 PM
don't pay any attention to some of the idiots, there are some very serious and very fast cars on here. besides our cars are classics. there are other honda forums you can also go to,where they respect our cars, thisoldhonda.org for one, japanesenostalgiccar.com for another. enjoy your car and screw the dickless idiots. they have penis size envy, our cars have bigger engines then most of their ricer civics, :thumbup:

Dr_Snooz
10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
I see the same thing happen on the BMW boards. They find some car like the one above for sale somewhere and then spend the rest of the thread congratulating themselves on their superiority because they have German cars. They sound like the obnoxious prigs they are. I laugh because I know what temperamental crap their German cars are.

I know my 3g kicks ass. I know that it's designed better than any Honda since. I know it will last forever if I have a mind to make it. I know that the shop manual is among the best ever written for any car. I think it's 10x more beautiful than anything Honda has built since and among the most beautiful cars ever built. If they want to laugh at me, here I am.

Civic Accord Honda
10-20-2008, 08:49 PM
omg i vomited who the hell rapes a 3gee like that :(

and yeah i hate when ppl rag on old accords too shit my 88 with just a intake and no muffler could kick most civics ass's

RamThis
10-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry, quality mod work, but you gotta admit, that car is hideous...... :eek:

mushroom_toy
10-20-2008, 09:34 PM
Its funny how many people think nothing of the accord....until I rape them in the http://www.her-motorcycle.com/images/curvesign.jpg

Actually though people really dont realize how much of a great car the 3gee is. SOmetimes you just have to let em know. ;)

RamThis
10-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Its funny how many people think nothing of the accord....until I rape them in the http://www.her-motorcycle.com/images/curvesign.jpg

Actually though people really dont realize how much of a great car the 3gee is. SOmetimes you just have to let em know. ;)

yep that's why I fell in love with my old blue clunker, it rode so well and handled great for a "family" car. I know it would be even better lowered with some better shocks. I hope I can get ahold of one soon cause Im really wanting to roll my lil 3G again. Seeing its shell in the garage is depressing.

jpetrovic
10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
:) You guys are right, :D the accord is a comfortable car. im 6'5 and well lol even tho my head ALLLMOST touches the sealing :P its still a very conforable car,

labeledsk8r
10-20-2008, 11:08 PM
ALOT of forums hate on the 3gee just becuse they dont know what there talking about... just last week i was on socalcivic.com and someone was saying that a lx-i 3gee (A20a3 engine) is slower then a civic DX (D16xx) and i laughed when he said they had more hp and TQ... i posted the a20's numbers and he shut up

Tomisimo
10-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Many ppl live in theres pink world thinking the newer the better, but its not. I drove few cars that is newer that my 3G but they just feel cheap and plasticish, like a childs toy. The old accords build quality is good for its age and then standards. So I say to all my haters that they dont know what they missing, a whole passion ans satisfaction of rolling in a 3G. I say F*ck those ricer kids.
Civic feels like a bear can after solid Accord.

greentee76
10-21-2008, 12:09 PM
:) You guys are right, :D the accord is a comfortable car. im 6'5 and well lol even tho my head ALLLMOST touches the sealing :P its still a very conforable car,

I rode in my buddy's 99 civic ex the other day and now I know why they all look like they're driving from the back seat, it's the only way you can avoid hitting you're head on the headliner! ;)

lostforawhile
10-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I rode in my buddy's 99 civic ex the other day and now I know why they all look like they're driving from the back seat, it's the only way you can avoid hitting you're head on the headliner! ;)yea we have a 98 and i hate it. my knees almost hit the wheel with the seat all the way back. feels cheap and junky. less then 150 thousand and 3 window motors are failing, engine codes,exaust fell off,radiator blew up, interior is going bad,vinal is splitting, mirrors quit working, valves tap,even after being adjusted right, and it won't get out of it's own way.

jpetrovic
10-21-2008, 03:55 PM
yea we have a 98 and i hate it. my knees almost hit the wheel with the seat all the way back. feels cheap and junky. less then 150 thousand and 3 window motors are failing, engine codes,exaust fell off,radiator blew up, interior is going bad,vinal is splitting, mirrors quit working, valves tap,even after being adjusted right, and it won't get out of it's own way.

lol WOW That dosnt sound like a Honda :P sounds more like a chrysler :P
never knew a honda to just F up like that

well yes i have... its called The Civic :Owned2:

redaztec
10-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I know what you mean - my old Accord feels very well built compared to many newer cars, even other Hondas. Out of the cars I've owned (1989 Accord LX-i, 2002 Sentra Spec V, 2006 RSX), the Accord actually shifts the smoothest. Although the interior has degraded some due to age and sun, the dash material still feels higher class than the hard plastics in the Sentra and RSX. And, it gets the best gas mileage (though admittedly it has the least power). These cars may be looked upon as boring by some, but one thing's for sure - they've withstood the test of time!

1ajs
10-21-2008, 05:29 PM
yea we have a 98 and i hate it. my knees almost hit the wheel with the seat all the way back. feels cheap and junky. less then 150 thousand and 3 window motors are failing, engine codes,exaust fell off,radiator blew up, interior is going bad,vinal is splitting, mirrors quit working, valves tap,even after being adjusted right, and it won't get out of it's own way.
yea but that was right around when honda was making realy shity cars...

1ajs
10-21-2008, 05:31 PM
I know what you mean - my old Accord feels very well built compared to many newer cars, even other Hondas. Out of the cars I've owned (1989 Accord LX-i, 2002 Sentra Spec V, 2006 RSX), the Accord actually shifts the smoothest. Although the interior has degraded some due to age and sun, the dash material still feels higher class than the hard plastics in the Sentra and RSX. And, it gets the best gas mileage (though admittedly it has the least power). These cars may be looked upon as boring by some, but one thing's for sure - they've withstood the test of time!
the fact that so many have made it to 20 years is somthing to say...

lostforawhile
10-21-2008, 06:20 PM
yea but that was right around when honda was making realy shity cars...
they still are, even the dealer told me if i buy one, look for the jhm in the vin,only buy a japanese made one.

MessyHonda
10-21-2008, 11:26 PM
the fact that so many have made it to 20 years is somthing to say...

yeah its funny cuz i remember some one posted up a tranning video about the ford vs the accord and i dont see fords that last 20 years...i still see lots of accords...i saw this nice se-i the other day

Hauntd ca3
10-22-2008, 12:10 AM

am also 6'5 and never feel like the 3g is cramped eh
have always love the lines of the good old ca accords
they are a good looking,comfy car with prob the best performance for a car of there age
way better than a civ,camry,galant,bluebird of similar age or even most of the newer versions af the same cars
long live the 3g and fuck the haters

1ajs
10-22-2008, 09:51 AM
yeah its funny cuz i remember some one posted up a tranning video about the ford vs the accord and i dont see fords that last 20 years...i still see lots of accords...i saw this nice se-i the other day

funny u see the 3geez here in the ritch part of town in peoples garadges and the old people who own them refuse to let go of their 3gee lol

and the 3geez are always the oldest cars at the recors i noticed the oldest ones after them is cars from 98 99 lol

lostforawhile
10-23-2008, 04:52 PM
i'll bet that they don't have power folding mirors from 86 eithier. lol. seen some new ones,but we have the real jdm stuff, before anyone even knew what jdm was. :Owned2:

jdmaccordnut
10-25-2008, 12:28 PM
I met a guy last night, asked him if he was into cars...he said no, but then he asked me about my blue honda. He then told me that he used ot have one, and it was the best car he'd ever had, and he totalled it after owning it for a few years, and he hasn't driven a newer honda that he's liked better than that one.

I feel the same way. Course.... I guess I would trade it for an NSX. :P

2oodoor
10-25-2008, 12:47 PM
wow a lot of 6'5' people here, Im right on the money too. I noticed the DX 5 speed is nowhere near as comfortable as my DX auto tx. My leg stays cramped up on the clutch, and there is no upper body support. I guess the console and armrest help some though DX.

You have to consider too the price of these cars was upper classs somewhat back in 86-88, compared to taurus or any US built car. May be why they lasted because the owners respected and took care of them since they were expensive. Also most owners may have had garages etc... too.:dunno:

-Rotu-
11-01-2008, 03:11 PM

Seems to me that you haven't taken care of your car at all, if it breaks like that.:stick:
We have a '98 Civic sedan and it has never broke down, it's a really reliable car. It takes less gas than my 3g, but at the same it has only a 1.4 litre engine. I like both cars, but my 3g Aerodeck is still one of the best cars I've ever driven. :tongue:

Forgot to mention, that that white 3g on first page IMO looks pretty cool. Well, there has been done a lot of quality work and I respect that. :)

russiankid
11-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Seems to me that you haven't taken care of your car at all, if it breaks like that.:stick:
We have a '98 Civic sedan and it has never broke down, it's a really reliable car. It takes less gas than my 3g, but at the same it has only a 1.4 litre engine. I like both cars, but my 3g Aerodeck is still one of the best cars I've ever driven. :tongue:

Forgot to mention, that that white 3g on first page IMO looks pretty cool. Well, there has been done a lot of quality work and I respect that. :)

If something breaks, Lost makes his own parts that last forever.:stick:

lostforawhile
11-01-2008, 03:50 PM

Forgot to mention, that that white 3g on first page IMO looks pretty cool. Well, there has been done a lot of quality work and I respect that. :)it's not just me,i found a site listing honda problems by year, and this one is way up there with having all these problems, lots of other people have the same issues. and as far as the clear turning to chalk,everytime i see a green or black civic,i can tell the year a mile away, they all have the same paint problem. seen dozens.

RamThis
11-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I've driven lots of newer cars, and none of them feel as "solid" as my 3G. It had a quality sound to it when you closed the door, not a tinny clunky sound. You could feel the air pressure in the nicely sealed cabin when you shut the doors. Right now it's not really sealed up LOL.

russiankid
11-01-2008, 05:50 PM
My 95' BMW feels much more solid than the 3g.

jdmaccordnut
11-02-2008, 04:16 PM
There's a difference between solid and heavy. Everything in that generation and later BMW is heavy as freaking hell. The power seat weighs like 85lbs.

russiankid
11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
There's a difference between solid and heavy. Everything in that generation and later BMW is heavy as freaking hell. The power seat weighs like 85lbs.

They are heavy, but the car doesn't feel as flimsy as the 3g. And the seat does not weight 85lbs, its 84.5lbs.

Haha just kidding, its pretty heavy, I'd rate it at 30lbs.

lostforawhile
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
They are heavy, but the car doesn't feel as flimsy as the 3g. And the seat does not weight 85lbs, its 84.5lbs.

Haha just kidding, its pretty heavy, I'd rate it at 30lbs.

3 g doesn't feel flimsy:burn:

Dr_Snooz
11-02-2008, 05:37 PM

I have to agree. I have a '95 540i and compared to the 3g, it's ponderous. It's heavy and sluggish and not something you feel really comfortable throwing around the freeway. I'm sure the braking, acceleration and skidpad numbers are far superior for the BMW, but the 3g feels so much more willing and fun.

Not that I'm getting rid of the BMW, mind you. It's so scary fast, and ethereally quiet on the road, I wouldn't do that.

russiankid
11-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I have to agree. I have a '95 540i and compared to the 3g, it's ponderous. It's heavy and sluggish and not something you feel really comfortable throwing around the freeway. I'm sure the braking, acceleration and skidpad numbers are far superior for the BMW, but the 3g feels so much more willing and fun.

Not that I'm getting rid of the BMW, mind you. It's so scary fast, and ethereally quiet on the road, I wouldn't do that.

They handle very well. I drive on country roads and once its up to speed it takes those corners like no other. It takes them better than the 3g.

It all depends on the driver though.:stick:

Just kidding. Its not a race car, but it does handle well. I do have a new front end with new grippy tires so that could factor in a lot.

Civic Accord Honda
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
lol at ppl comparing BMW's to 3gees :lol: ... i have never really driven a bmw (been in one once though) but i would have to assume that russian kid is right about the bmw feeling better ...

the most soild car i myself have drivin was my old 3g though even with its blown out shocks rotted bushings and worn tires it out handled my legend my 2g and metro and everything else i'v drivin one of the reasons i really miss that car :(

lostforawhile
11-02-2008, 07:04 PM
lol at ppl comparing BMW's to 3gees :lol: ... i have never really driven a bmw (been in one once though) but i would have to assume that russian kid is right about the bmw feeling better ...

the most soild car i myself have drivin was my old 3g though even with its blown out shocks rotted bushings and worn tires it out handled my legend my 2g and metro and everything else i'v drivin one of the reasons i really miss that car :(
try comparing one cah with a new suspension and good tires, remember when the three g came out it won out many awards over the bmws that were in it's class. this was not a tin can like a civic of the era,this was a top line car in 86. you aren't old enough to remember some of the crap that was around then,this thing in 86 there really was no comparison to anything else.

russiankid
11-02-2008, 07:06 PM
try comparing one cah with a new suspension and good tires, remember when the three g came out it won out many awards over the bmws that were in it's class. this was not a tin can like a civic of the era,this was a top line car in 86. you aren't old enough to remember some of the crap that was around then,this thing in 86 there really was no comparison to anything else.

My 3g has new suspension. Tires aren't that great but body roll is woah. Well, I have stock shocks.

Civic Accord Honda
11-02-2008, 07:12 PM
My 3g has new suspension. Tires aren't that great but body roll is woah. Well, I have stock shocks.
dose the LX have a rear sway bar? i know the DX did not

russiankid
11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
dose the LX have a rear sway bar? i know the D did not

No they never came with rear sway bars. However, I have front and rear LX-i bars.

Civic Accord Honda
11-02-2008, 07:19 PM
No they never came with rear sway bars. However, I have front and rear LX-i bars.
upgrade ftw
weird though my 3g did not have to much body
my legend has alot of body roll compared to my 3gee lol

Krisverde
11-02-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't like Hondas and probably never will, but the 86 accord I have been driving occasionally really isn't a bad car. Interior is so much better than some of the newer Hondas I have ridden in. Car is a little to low for my tastes, but it's not a bad car once all the little kinks were worked out. Damn thing has lots of life left, 56k original miles on it. Interior is mint and the paint looks good.

jdmaccordnut
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Is it an LXI? 5spd? Sedan? Want to sell?

JBona
11-05-2008, 07:17 AM
x2 I take pride in driving something outside the typical jdmfanboi bandwagon. People always freak out when they see my car because the just never do, I'd say thats a hell of a lot better than driving some stereotypical civic or integra like everyone else.

most of the people i hang out with in the "Car World" all are into the Civics and Integras with a swap, suspension, front lip, amber side markers, jdm red/white tail lights, and honda wheels...maybe a turbo with the swap. thats it. they dont ever touch their interior, usually dont touch their paint bcuz they never seem to hold onto their cars for very long before they get unsatisfied with them and build another one, hoping it will make them happy this time.

after i spray painted my car gloss black, i borrowed my friend's red Rota GT3's off his civic, then the two of us went to hang out with all these civics that night. even with my 98hp carburated 2.0L, heated springs, free 4" CAN on the back, and a spray painted car...they were all jealous because they could look down the line and see their car x20, but mine was the only of its kind, not to mention better looking.

my friend with the rotas envies my car, and he has a 97 civic hatch with a k20 turbo in it. he just knows his car will ALWAYS just blend in, like any other civic, whereas my 3g will turn heads wherever I go

:cheers: to the 3g!!

lostforawhile
11-05-2008, 09:33 AM
and you can get real antique jdm parts for the accord, not the dime a dozen civic stuff thats easy to get.

Krisverde
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Is it an LXI? 5spd? Sedan? Want to sell?

Referring to me? No it's DX, Auto, with carb. Not for sale though.

MessyHonda
11-08-2008, 01:21 PM
My 95' BMW feels much more solid than the 3g.

you 3gee is not lowered or had 22mm and 24mm swaybars.