PDA

View Full Version : painted dash

skittlez
10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
i just painted my dash and center console this weekend plan on doing the rest of the interior trim with this stuff too.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/skittz1987/3g.jpg

i dont know if anyone else has tried this but now that ive done i just wanted to say it looks real nice and kinda adds a classy edge to the car. just throwin it out their maybe someone else will wanna try it too. sorry i cant post any pics of it i dont have a digi camera but if anyone wants to see it i could try to do somethin.

skittlez
10-19-2008, 07:23 PM
hm sorry first time tryin to post a pic didnt know that html wasnt accepted. heres a link

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=31

Civic Accord Honda
10-20-2008, 01:03 PM
to post a image you use the IMG code
like this
URL HERE
and then the image works
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/skittz1987/3g.jpg

and yeah painting the interior adds a nice touch i painted alot of parts of my interior on my old 3g was going to do the whole interior in black but never got around to it

Dr_Snooz
10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
You know, you really need to post us pics...

86ccord
10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
heyy i just painted my doo doo brown dash to jet black.. i used duplicolor cloth and vinyl spray. works real well.. ill post pics later if you all like

Civic Accord Honda
10-20-2008, 02:10 PM
heyy i just painted my doo doo brown dash to jet black.. i used duplicolor cloth and vinyl spray. works real well.. ill post pics later if you all like
pix0rs! :D but doo doo brown is not too bad its much better then maroon :lol:

lostforawhile
10-20-2008, 03:37 PM
http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/skittz1987 you need to copy the code where it says image i can't get yours to work at all

A18A
10-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Old Today, 10:02 AM
2ndGenGuy
This message has been deleted by 2ndGenGuy. okay?

anyways i painted most of my interior about 7 months ago with some really shitty paint, and surprisingly it still looks good :O

jdmaccordnut
10-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Painted dashes make you look like a ghetto 16 yr old. In a few years you'll realize the error of your ways, and try to correct it by finding unpainted parts.

Civic Accord Honda
10-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Painted dashes make you look like a ghetto 16 yr old. In a few years you'll realize the error of your ways, and try to correct it by finding unpainted parts.
:slap: if done correctly it looks good black interior > all the other interiors

turabaka
10-20-2008, 08:49 PM

huh... how odd. I bought a blue dash off ebay to replace my slashed up black dash. I remember painting it black ,and it looks exactly like stock. I guess I'm just a ghetto sixteen year old that can't find a black dash.

Pico
10-20-2008, 08:56 PM

Dam then I guess I should get rid of my ghetto dash also. Cant be looking a 16yr old ghetto hood at my age
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Donor%20Car/DonorDashGettingPainted1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Interior%20swap/InteriorDone19.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Interior%20swap/InteriorDone18.jpg

MessyHonda
10-20-2008, 09:19 PM
pico's dash is sex

jdmaccordnut
10-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Oh, I thought you meant bright colors like yellow, blue, or red. Those look okay, but I kinda doubt they'll hold up as well as the real deal.

chowder
10-20-2008, 10:32 PM
my dash is black stock hahaha

jpetrovic
10-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Pico... Your dash is bitchin. :rockon:

turabaka
10-20-2008, 11:04 PM
my dash is black stock hahaha

Technically so was mine, but some asshole thought it would be cool to put out cigarettes with it before I bought it. hence why I was forced to buy a blue one.

Pico your dash is teh sexyness.

lostforawhile
10-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh, I thought you meant bright colors like yellow, blue, or red. Those look okay, but I kinda doubt they'll hold up as well as the real deal.
you need to use the correct dash paint, look at eastwood .com, you are supposed to use the cleaner,then the prep,then the paint, their stuff is permanent.

skittlez
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
yeah pico's is nice. as for not holdin up, any paint can be scratched or scraped but if its done right with care it will hold for years and then maybe just a touch-up job. i painted my girls interior about 2 years ago and it still looks like it did when it was put in. as for the initial post, it wasnt about painted dashes as a whole i know a lot of guys have em. i was talkin about the kind of paint, seriously looks like stone when used with a gray primer and feels like a fine grit sandpaper.

codyJDM
10-21-2008, 07:33 PM
x2 on Pico's dash looking amazing :D

Pico
10-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the complements guys.
I like the textured paint idea skittlez post up some pics when you get a chance, I still have somemore interior parts that I want to paint to patch the dash and I'd like to see how yours came out.

guaynabo89
10-23-2008, 04:52 PM
All black look sexy pico!

Not as sexy ast picos but painted the lower half and center console bout 4 years ago and even with the kids getting in and out no probs.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/sinnedone321/DSC00011.jpg

lostforawhile
10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
anyone think the cluster cover would look cool wrapped in leather with a black dash? i was going to have my teg wheel wrapped anyway eventually. i can do the cover,but i'll let the local upholstery shop do the wheel, 40 bucks wrapped and stiched in black leather.

skittlez
10-23-2008, 06:59 PM
anyone think the cluster cover would look cool wrapped in leather with a black dash? i was going to have my teg wheel wrapped anyway eventually. i can do the cover,but i'll let the local upholstery shop do the wheel, 40 bucks wrapped and stiched in black leather.

hm dont have an opinion on that, thats more like somethin you would have to see before you could say. but it definitely sounds unique though i know ive never seen it before.

Civic Accord Honda
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
get red sitching on the wheel and it will look awesome! and yeah if the cover is done right it would look nice :)

lostforawhile
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
get red sitching on the wheel and it will look awesome! and yeah if the cover is done right it would look nice :)but i don't have anything red in the car

2ndGenGuy
10-23-2008, 08:56 PM
What about getting the whole dash covered in suede? That would be pretty sweet!

evil88accordLX
10-23-2008, 09:07 PM

suede is cool, but if it gets wet from anything, it gets ruined.

Dr_Snooz
10-24-2008, 07:26 AM

That would be coooool!

lostforawhile
10-24-2008, 08:04 AM
i've thought about it,it would have to be completly dismantled, the dashes will come apart, but you have to remove the plastic welds holding sections together, then upholster sections, and not suede that stuff is a nightmare, best to use artificial leather,it's eaisier to stretch, like what honda used to upholster the vinal from the factory.

markmdz89hatch
10-24-2008, 11:20 AM
i vote old skool..... ...tweed all the way!

lostforawhile
10-24-2008, 01:11 PM
ever seen how fast tweed gets dirty on a dash? then it will never come clean

markmdz89hatch
10-24-2008, 01:20 PM
ever seen how fast tweed gets dirty on a dash? then it will never come clean

yep. ..but that's like me arguing with my wife about getting her hair done for a couple hundies, only to have it look like nothin was done after about a week.

Tweed is a pain in the ass to keep, but looks soooooooo sweet when done right (and kept clean).

Civic Accord Honda
10-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Shag !!

lostforawhile
10-24-2008, 03:12 PM
yep. ..but that's like me arguing with my wife about getting her hair done for a couple hundies, only to have it look like nothin was done after about a week.

Tweed is a pain in the ass to keep, but looks soooooooo sweet when done right (and kept clean).the hatch area in my car is all black tweed and it's a pain in the ass to keep clean

Hazwan
10-24-2008, 07:44 PM

Yeah its going to be sweet!

I've thought of using suede for my dash, but upholstery shop wants too much :(

skittlez
10-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Shag !!

Yes, shag all the way ceiling carpet dash engine bay!!

lostforawhile
10-24-2008, 09:07 PM
um these cars are from the eighties not the seventies, I remember shag carpet vans,and not only are they a pain in the ass to keep clean,after a while all the moisture and crap in the shag makes it stink like hell.

Dr_Snooz
10-25-2008, 07:06 AM
um these cars are from the eighties not the seventies, I remember shag carpet vans,and not only are they a pain in the ass to keep clean,after a while all the moisture and crap in the shag makes it stink like hell.

"If this van's a rockin'...

...I'm probably in here steam cleaning it..."

lostforawhile
10-25-2008, 07:57 AM
"If this van's a rockin'...

...I'm probably in here steam cleaning it..."they always smelled like inscence but that could be other reasons too

Civic Accord Honda
10-25-2008, 09:44 PM
hellz yeah! yellow or olive green shag! :thumbup:

lostforawhile
10-26-2008, 03:59 AM
hellz yeah! yellow or olive green shag! :thumbup:I grew up in a house with wall to wall yellow and green shag i never want to see that crap again, it even had shag in the bathroom. built that way new in 72

Dr_Snooz
10-26-2008, 07:17 AM
I grew up in a house with wall to wall yellow and green shag i never want to see that crap again, it even had shag in the bathroom. built that way new in 72

My dad built a house in 1972 with dark green velvet filigree wallpaper and green shag carpet. Hideous.

lostforawhile
10-26-2008, 08:44 AM
My dad built a house in 1972 with dark green velvet filigree wallpaper and green shag carpet. Hideous.i forgot my uncle had gold shag,and that extra long stomped down weeds looking shag in the basement "rec" room, was reddish orange.

-$MOKIN-
11-03-2008, 08:39 AM
pico is such a pimp. he proly got his ol lady to do all the work ;) lol its looks really good tho. omg. got things goin threw my head. i like my black tan and maroon mixed matched interrior tho. im thinking of maybe staining my carpet black.

Pico
11-03-2008, 08:19 PM
pico is such a pimp. he proly got his ol lady to do all the work ;) lol its looks really good tho. omg. got things goin threw my head. i like my black tan and maroon mixed matched interrior tho. im thinking of maybe staining my carpet black.

She did do all the work http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/picopop/Icons/pimp3.gif

Dr_Snooz
11-03-2008, 08:49 PM
i forgot my uncle had gold shag,and that extra long stomped down weeds looking shag in the basement "rec" room, was reddish orange.

I remember that rec room kind of carpet. Oh GAWD it was repugnant!