PDA

View Full Version : What would you offer for this car?

RamThis
10-20-2008, 08:17 PM
I have found a car that meets my criteria, and I think the guy will let it go cheap. He said to make an offer. I dont want to offer too much, but dont want to offend either with a lowball. He has no prior history on the car, he owns a towing company and this car is now in his posession and he's going to sell it. Says it starts up and runs. I assume he does not have the title but I havent asked him that yet. Original paint that's badly faded, missing some trim, LF fender is smashed in a bit, stereo missing, and interior cloth is pretty worn. But overall from the pics he sent me it looks like something I could fix up, paint, new carpet and seat covers, and have a really clean car.

But shes kinda rough right now.....

Soooo, judging on that I bought an identical car in much better shape 4 years ago (well LX not LXi but I dont think that made a huge difference in value) for 750, Im thinking 500 bucks is fair, dont know if he'll go for it though. Im assuming he'll want 750 for it or so. Seeing as someone had a for sale sign in the window for 900 (setting in the floorboard now).

What do you think?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o91/RamThis_DTO/Honda%20Accord/RedAccord1.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o91/RamThis_DTO/Honda%20Accord/RedAccord2.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o91/RamThis_DTO/Honda%20Accord/RedAccord3.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o91/RamThis_DTO/Honda%20Accord/RedAccord4.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o91/RamThis_DTO/Honda%20Accord/RedAccord5.jpg

Vanilla Sky
10-20-2008, 08:30 PM
$400 at the upper end for that car.

RamThis
10-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I went ahead and offered him 500 via email and me to come haul it off. I seem to have an affinity for collecting dead 3Geez lol. Start with one and you end up hooked. Hoping he takes the offer as is!!!!!

Vanilla Im glad you are in the ballpark with my price makes me feel like I was pretty close in my estimate.

EX-ileAccord
10-20-2008, 08:38 PM
$350 cause the "H" is on upside down. I think it would be worth $500, I wouldent go any higher tho.

MessyHonda
10-20-2008, 08:41 PM
400 bucks tops...if you are only going to use the engine and fuel injection swap

ghettogeddy
10-20-2008, 08:44 PM
no more then 200 lol

paint alone makes it less valuable lol i paid 500 for my hatch lol

Civic Accord Honda
10-20-2008, 08:45 PM
$500 if it runs and drives the interior looks like it would look great with a good cleaning too tan and black ftw

RamThis
10-20-2008, 08:49 PM
400 bucks tops...if you are only going to use the engine and fuel injection swap

Actually Im shitcanning the other two and going to rebuild this one. Wiring and engine are already in it. This is, in hindsight, what I should have done with the other parts car, but it was much rougher than this one. I can do minor body work, get rid of emblems and door trims, fresh paint and clearcoat, new carpet and seat covers, clean up the interior panels, re-cover the headliner, and have a kick ass clean car. Plus all the new window trims I have in the box from Honda. Oh and I have a complete other A20A3 engine to pick parts off of if I need them.

So far 500 is sounding fair.

KBB said 1150 in "fair" condition but this car falls in the "poor" condition for sure, and they refuse to quote cars in the "poor" condition due the wide variety of damage or neglect a car can have that would have varying degrees of difficulty/cost to fix. This car fits so they are basically no help lol.

MessyHonda
10-20-2008, 09:14 PM
ur lx was sooo clean tho...why junk? the primer on the car cost alot more than you are going to spend to make it just as clean.

RamThis
10-20-2008, 09:23 PM
ur lx was sooo clean tho...why junk? the primer on the car cost alot more than you are going to spend to make it just as clean.

Cuz it was an LX lol. The shell is in perfect shape yes, but I'd still have to tear this car apart again, pull everything out, transfer it to my car, then put it all back together again. With this car, all I pull is the trim, do my minor body mods, paint the car, and the outside's done. Then pull the motor, rebuild it (if it's not running good enough). Then redo the interior. I will have to sell my blue carpet and floormats. Or maybe the place would allow me to ship them back in trade for than ones??? Longshot but I'd have to email them about that one lol.

Basically this car is nearly as clean as mine, I was going to paint my car anyway so this car is no different. Plus I like the interior color MUCH better. Im a fan of tan lol. Get some tan leather seat covers made with the dark grey inserts to match the dash and doors. Then my sound system, and some TINT!!!!! I think she'd look hella clean!!!

Oldblueaccord
10-21-2008, 05:15 AM
If its a true TX car its worth 500$ for being rust free. I think you can get scrap rate for it maybe 300$. The motor looks unmolested which for me is a plus really one minus is the Auto box and a plus for FI.

wp

2oodoor
10-21-2008, 05:32 AM
I got the DX for 180, the guy wanted 500 then we never called him back then he called back and seid 300, then we went to look at it and offered 200 which he went for but then I drove it and it was out of gas so we offered 180 cash since we needed to put some gas in it , TIP only carry the cash you are willing to go top offer with and no more. LOL

A18A
10-21-2008, 05:44 AM
i hope when you buy it, you will find a huge lot of structual rust in it so you will have to swap its EFIness into your LX :) srsly tho i think that car looks to be worth around $300-$400 depends where it is really, but i know how you want a 3gee. i payed too much for my car, but i just wanted another one that much that i didnt really care lol. btw doing a efi conversion isnt as hard as it sounds, the hardest part will probably be swapping the tank, the loom is the fun part of it all, i liked that part mostly cause you get to start plugging everything back together and seeing everything work again. anyways, good luck with whatever you do

Dr_Snooz
10-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Isn't the upside down H a satanic symbol? I'd avoid Satan's car.

Oh wait. I'm thinking of a pentagram. Never mind.

Demon1024
10-21-2008, 10:56 AM

well it is red....

Got me hooked too man just got an 89 coupe for $300 last week now got one from every year just need a sedan to complete the collection (well and a se-i)

Depending how well it ran drove 200-600. most people think of looks as the major turning point in a cars value and they are right for the most part, but running and driving are what its meant to do.

snoopyloopy
10-21-2008, 12:19 PM
i'd offer $600 at the very most, especially if there's no such thing as rust there.

2oodoor
10-21-2008, 01:50 PM

No Snooz that was Hyundai.. oh you were so close:chainsaw:

cubert
10-21-2008, 02:59 PM
no more then 200 lol

paint alone makes it less valuable lol i paid 500 for my hatch lol

i second this....

greentee76
10-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Depending on what kind of hassle getting a title for it is going to be I'd be happy to have it for 500$.

You guys are spoiled living in places where rust is a bad thing, it's inevitable here ;).

1ajs
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
well it is red....

Got me hooked too man just got an 89 coupe for $300 last week now got one from every year just need a sedan to complete the collection (well and a se-i)

Depending how well it ran drove 200-600. most people think of looks as the major turning point in a cars value and they are right for the most part, but running and driving are what its meant to do.
.. then u need a superstage fixed light and an aerodek!

RamThis
10-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Well I emailed him saying if he does not have the title to the car in hand Im going to stick with the offer of 500, if he does have the title in hand I'd go 600. He asked 650. Im hoping he accepts my offer, but if I have to go a little more I may have to. It's not that much really but it is money I could spend towards getting it fixed up again.

Luckily though I have a gaggle of new parts on my old blue LX I can pull off (all the common wear items like engine mounts, CV Axles, upper rear control arms, etc). So most money would be spent on paint, rebuilding the engine if it needs it right now, and interior. We'll see how it plays out I guess.

I'm pretty damn certain I'll have this car by Saturday if not sooner.

codyJDM
10-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Well I emailed him saying if he does not have the title to the car in hand Im going to stick with the offer of 500, if he does have the title in hand I'd go 600. He asked 650. Im hoping he accepts my offer, but if I have to go a little more I may have to. It's not that much really but it is money I could spend towards getting it fixed up again.

Luckily though I have a gaggle of new parts on my old blue LX I can pull off (all the common wear items like engine mounts, CV Axles, upper rear control arms, etc). So most money would be spent on paint, rebuilding the engine if it needs it right now, and interior. We'll see how it plays out I guess.

I'm pretty damn certain I'll have this car by Saturday if not sooner.

IMO anything over 400$ would be a complete ripoff on your part man, don't wanna see you lose money like that :werd: