PDA

View Full Version : No brake lights (still)

dba-one
10-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I've been trying to figure this out on my own but getting nowhere. Here is what I have done to try and track the issue:

Bulbs are good.

Brake switch is new.

When testing the fuses under the dash all pass.

When I turn on the ignition the brake light fuse responds to the test light that fuse is the second from left. The one on the right does not respod to the test light.

The green and white wires to the taillights do not respond to the test light. Nor does the red.

Any clues?

Also, When I installed my Sat radio I noticed a wire connected to one of the wires on the brake switch socket. Someone put this there and it has a "pushin" flat connector on one end. Someone went out of their way to do this but where does the connector go?

The tail lights, etc all work fine by the way.

dba-one
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
TTT Really need help here.

Dr_Snooz
10-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Wiring ain't my specialty, but if no one else is game...

If I'm reading the schematic correctly (not guaranteed), a white wire comes off the battery and goes to the fuse block. From there it goes to the brake light switch. Then back to the lights on a green/white wire and then to ground. (There may be a shift interlock in there somewhere if you have AT that might be contributing, but I doubt it.) Test the resistance on your fuses first. After that, check bulbs and the switch. Also inspect your bulb sockets carefully as sometimes they go kaput. If all those items are good, then you get to start looking for a broken wire.

Oh the fun you will have.

The add on connector sounds like it might have been for a trailer. Not sure though.