PDA

View Full Version : need gasket

2oodoor
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
I can not find this in usdm. It is the gasket that goes under the torque converter solenoid set for jdm auto tx.
Anybody that can help, or maybe get one for me and toss it in an envelope.?
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/1224795586.jpg
It goes to this...
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/1224449806.jpg

evil88accordLX
10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
make one with some red RTV sealant?

LX-incredible
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Have a PN on the solenoid?

2oodoor
10-24-2008, 03:42 AM
Have a PN on the solenoid?

I will get that posted asap.

You can not use rtv, hondabond or any thing like that on an auto tx, all it takes is one tiny piece to come off the glob to get into those small channels and block flow. It is bad enough to use rubber o ring type material, GM has major tranny failures caused by pieces of o ring sticking valves.

2oodoor
10-24-2008, 03:46 AM
I am not exactly sure the purpose of this valving. I am not running any electronics and I was told you could keep the solenoids energized with the key on and it would work normally. Not sure about that yet.
If I can see if the solenoids are opening flow or closing flow, I possilbley could make a block off plate.
Other wise, it may be that I have to swap the internals with the A20 transmisssion, the bell housings are supposed to work, but my question there is why do they look so different.

evil88accordLX
10-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I will get that posted asap.

You can not use rtv, hondabond or any thing like that on an auto tx, all it takes is one tiny piece to come off the glob to get into those small channels and block flow. It is bad enough to use rubber o ring type material, GM has major tranny failures caused by pieces of o ring sticking valves.

i meant actually making one, let it sit for a couple of days, then using it. the stuff cures into a very durable yet flexible rubber. but i see what you are saying about using it wet and globs falling off. that would be disastrous.

2oodoor
10-25-2008, 05:44 AM
This sucks, there is not a number on the part. I cant even run the engine or tranny fluid shoots out.
I am back to the drawing board on this one...
May wind up using some king of goo.. I dont get all the channels this thing has it only needs to flow thru the solenoids and cross into the other orifice on either side.

bullard123
10-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Was your old gasket that bad? Its not reusable at all?

carotman
10-25-2008, 06:37 AM
try to contact Honda of NZ.

Thay can ship you parts.

2oodoor
10-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Was your old gasket that bad? Its not reusable at all?

yes it has a break in it, I may try some rtv if I can get it to come out in a very very small bead , thing is that stuff will not hold up saturated in ATF. If I can find out the fluid path of these orifices. I possibly could make a block off plate or either a custom made pneumatic line and just move the block somewhere else. That would involve threading the orifice openings though.

lostforawhile
10-25-2008, 08:17 AM
don't use rtv use this,and if you can find a gasket get more then one. http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Gasket-Maker-518-ml/dp/B0002JMLMY

2oodoor
10-25-2008, 08:43 AM
don't use rtv use this,and if you can find a gasket get more then one. http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Gasket-Maker-518-ml/dp/B0002JMLMY

thanks but this is not really a gasket that needs alot of attention normally. And these solenoid blocks are stupid expensive from the dealer. I think I may have F'd up this thing when I was looking at it before I even installed the engine. Maybe worst case scenrio is no 5th gear auto, I just need to know how it is supposed to function. I also realize not alot of people even bother to study these so I am just prying you all for ideas. thanks

lostforawhile
10-25-2008, 10:21 AM
thanks but this is not really a gasket that needs alot of attention normally. And these solenoid blocks are stupid expensive from the dealer. I think I may have F'd up this thing when I was looking at it before I even installed the engine. Maybe worst case scenrio is no 5th gear auto, I just need to know how it is supposed to function. I also realize not alot of people even bother to study these so I am just prying you all for ideas. thankswell that if for forming o rings.

2oodoor
10-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Ok I found some permatex RTV that is labeled "exclusivley for Automatic Trans" it stands up to ATF and does not peel away. I tried it but it says best to have a 24 hour cure before exposure.
It is grayish silver colored, reminds me of a mixture of regular old school permatex form a gasket and RTV>