PDA

View Full Version : Stock Suspension Height

skylinegts
10-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I was wondering what the stock ride height on a 3g accord is? Like from the center of the hub to the fender. I'm looking for that measurement so I can tell how much my stock suspension has sagged, how much my springs lowered my car, and how low I can go... I need to return my springs and get new ones because they lowered different ammounts on each corner and I would like to know how much lower each corner is from stock so I know what springs will work and what will be too low.
Thanks!

86AccordLxi
10-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Lowering different amounts is sort of common -- I remember the driver's side of my 3g was lower than the passenger side when I put new h&r springs on. I think it has to do with bushing and strut wear.

MessyHonda
10-23-2008, 02:36 PM
my driver side of the car is lower even with lowering springs. i would replace the shocks with tokicos since they are the best for the money...lowering springs also if you what a sporty suspension. i would replace the ball joints because you never know when they are going to go

skylinegts
10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
installed with the springs was a set of tokico blues

86AccordLxi
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Probably weird bushing wear that all these cars have then.

I wouldn't bother returning the springs since another set of springs will most likely do the same thing.

I had put new tokicos on with my h&r's too, and still did the same thing.

skylinegts
10-23-2008, 02:51 PM
now that i think of it.. we had to swap out a bushing in the LCA that the fork that the shock mounts in bolts to (i hope that makes sense). could that be the 3/4" that im out? so since both sides were the same with the stock suspension.. if I put in a new bushing on the drivers side would it level out a bit?

MessyHonda
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
make sure to get an alignment also

skylinegts
10-23-2008, 03:43 PM
once i get it all done i will be getting an alignment... once im done fucking with the suspension parts....

skylinegts
10-23-2008, 08:55 PM
would that one bushing be enough to lift the pass. side 3/4"?????

Oldblueaccord
10-25-2008, 06:12 PM
The only thing I could think of is maybe where the fork goes to the stut housing its slipped some how or not put together correctly.

wp

skylinegts
10-26-2008, 07:32 AM
well i am going to pull both front shocks today... and swap springs (left and right) to rule out a defective spring. and i will double check and make sure the shock is mounted correctly in the fork. but i doubt it is that because of the groove in the shock that the clamp bolt in the fork goes through... i dont see how it would come out of there... we'll see tonight.