PDA

View Full Version : Well I got get the next 3G on Saturday lol.

RamThis
10-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Looks like we struck a deal on the car. I'll be getting ahold of them again tomorrow so I can set up a time for me to come by with a dolly and pick it up. Looks like I gotta move old blue out and make room for lil red.

Guys I think Im back in the 3G game, Finally!!!!! :D

forrest89sei
10-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Yay!

Dr_Snooz
10-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Hooray!

carotman
10-24-2008, 02:59 AM
show us pictures ASAP :D

MessyHonda
10-24-2008, 07:16 AM
wow thats good

87roach
10-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Pictures!! Thats great to hear man, you must be getting restless.

Civic Accord Honda
10-24-2008, 01:02 PM
sweet!!! :D :D

RamThis
10-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah Im pretty excited to finally move forward with my 3G fetish lol. Had life not taken a huge unexpected turn on me mid-project, I would have had time to finish the other car, and the parts car would not have set so long as to become a friggin rat haven who ate half the damn wiring harness out of it. I could, if I waited long enough Im sure, find another engine harness and still move forward with the EFI swapover, but I just want to put all the new pats I already have to use, get a car that's ready to clean up and run, and be done with it for now so I can move on to some other projects. It's gone on for long enough and the wife is getting a bit ugly about my long term project taking up garage space. (If it were our 68 Charger R/T in there Im sure she'd never say a word, but since its "just" an old Honda, well, yeah.....).

I've got the car dolly reserved for tomorrow afternoon, got a pair of the new tires/rims off old blue, jack, air tank, recovery strap, etc all ready to go. He says it starts and drives as it sets so I shouldnt need all that but ya never know. If I get there and find it's total trash I may still walk away. Hoping to find it's about what Im expecting when I get there.

Im going to hold on to old blue's shell and parts though, I'll put them in the hay barn next to the Charger at the parent's property, so that once I get some other projects out of the way I may try finding a "fun swap" project to do with it like a B18C1 or something, or just hold onto the shell in case something happens to this new car, I could transfer everything to the blue car and have a whole new car again lol.

Pics tomorrow indeed though!:D

Civic Accord Honda
10-25-2008, 12:27 AM
cant wait to see the new project get started :D

RamThis
10-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Well got it home today in one piece. She is rougher than I had hoped but we'll see. Only reason I went on with the deal is because it actually starts and runs pretty decent, but has oil leaks like a mofo. Steering rack has a ton of play in it as well. There is only a small spot of rust on the passenger side wheel well, and a tiny spot on the roof corner by the top of the driver side door, near the B pillar. Interior is NASTY. Looks like someone dribbled drinks and food and whatever in God's name else all over the center console, yech!!!!! Sunroof is glued shut with clear silicone caulk too LOL.

At this point, Im really trying to weigh out my options as to what way to go with it. My LX is clean as can be, half the body work is done, but I'd still have to swap in the wire harness and fuel system from this car. On the other hand, this car is already set up, I'd just have to do all the body work, interior, and rebuild the engine. Either way it looks like Im pulling the engine to rebuild it, sooooooo....... hmmmmmmm.

Wife will die if I decide to go back the other way with it LOL.

I'll get some pix up tomorrow. I still havent looked in the trunk, I forgot to check it out while I was there. I think I need to venture outside while its dark so that if there's a body back there the neighbors wont see LOL.

AccordB20A
10-25-2008, 10:58 PM
cool. imk waiting for the picks

A18A
10-25-2008, 11:02 PM
use it as a donor car :D, swapping the harness & tank isnt too hard!, well im just comparing it to bodywork though, ive never liked doing bodywork so yeah

Civic Accord Honda
10-25-2008, 11:03 PM
glad u got it ... but if it has some rust id just swap the harness and engine etc over to the other car its not to hard to do and should be worth it :) and i hope u can get the interior clean with a pressure washer and alot of seat cleaner :D

Hazwan
10-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Remember to post tons of pics!

Pico
10-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Have fun on working on the new 3G in which ever direction you decide to go.

Civic Accord Honda
10-27-2008, 04:17 AM
tomorrow has come and passed =O and no pixors

RamThis
10-27-2008, 08:50 PM
tomorrow has come and passed =O and no pixors

I know sorry, been feeling like shit this weekend. I ventured out for a bit to "feel" the car out. It's really really really rough. every body panel has some sort of dent or wrinkle in it, the floorboard under the driver footwell is lifted up in the middle about 2" from some dumbass trying to jac it up from there, the rocker panel next the driver side front jack point is crushed in from their jack slipping or not being placed properly, the engine runs horribly once it warms up, cooling fans never come on until AFTER you turn the key off (I had to pull the fan timer fuse to turn it the hell off) engine has trouble turning over, seems like it hits a very hard two cylinders to turn over. Has two horribly crossthreaded plugs in the head, and of course leaks like a seive. I was really thinking I should have just turned around and left then but wrote it off as car buying jitters. My instinct was right.

Good news is, it's another complete parts car. Other than the trashed body, it's got all the components I need, and the engine doesnt rattle or knock or anything, it runs fairly smooth so I know it's a good rebuild candidate.

Headlights also dont work, they rotate up and down perfectly, but the lights do not come on, high or low beam. That will have to be sorted out.

So, right now, what I see me doing, is scrapping the "old" parts car after pulling the engine/trans/axles, brakes, ECM and underseat sensors and rest of harness behind dash though Im thinking that harness has been eaten by rats too so it's probably shit. Anyway save what may be of use and get rid of the carcass. Then see where I can store the parts car for now. Focus on getting the bodywork done on lil blue. Get the rolling shell/doors all painted up and put back together, pull it out and put it under a fitted car cover in the driveway. Bring back donor, pull the engine and harness, and fuel tank, ecm and such. Junk the rest. Pull lil blue back in after the engine is rebuilt and painted up, wire harness has been checked over and re-loomed/cleaned, drop it all in, put the dash and interiro back in, then start working out the bugs. Finish putting the front end back together, and call it a decade lol.

A18A
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
yay, i was hoping the blue one would not be junked :)

Civic Accord Honda
10-27-2008, 10:21 PM
sucks that the car is not as good as you thought :( but glad to here the blue one is going to get some love :) keep us updated with a updated thread or something

Civic Accord Honda
11-01-2008, 02:09 AM
http://www.breaktaker.com/albums/pictures/signs/Bump.jpg

Dr_Snooz
11-01-2008, 06:04 AM
I think I missed the last status report. Sorry to hear the car is such a mess. I too have bought things, only to wonder later what I was thinking. C'est la vie.

RamThis
11-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah I really should have walked away, but I had already rented the damn trailer and made the 45 minute drive up there. Im realizing really quickly that even the best digital camera just cant capture the reality of a cars condition lol. He sent me huge pics and the car didnt look all that bad, just faded and a bit dirty. Reality is there's not a straight panel anywhere on the car except the roof, and the interior looks like a wet dirty dog rubbed on everything. Fuckin things just nasty as hell. BUT it starts and runs..... and I needed another "parts car", so I just went with the deal. I was hoping once I got it home I would see it differently and maybe come up with a game plan, but the more I look at it the more I realize it's just never going to be up to my standards. So that's why I have decided (quitely so the wife dont know yet LOL) that it's just going to be another donor that wont be put in the back yard for the rats to eat!!!

Now that I have another complete donor car, I need to finish a couple small jobs for a couple folks that I have here then I'll re-start trying to finish my body work on lil blue....

forrest89sei
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Yay, Good luck on getting Blue going :D

Civic Accord Honda
11-01-2008, 06:01 PM
lil blue pwns lil faded pinkish red :D