PDA

View Full Version : no reverse?

evil88accordLX
10-24-2008, 09:59 AM
so last night i ran out of gas. it was right in front of my former employer, so i pushed the car in the lot. today i walk back with 2 gallons of gas and put it in the car. the battery died upon trying to restart the car. no big deal, i get a jump from one of my old coworkers. i put the car in neutral and pushed it backwards about 15' so the cables would reach. i got the car started and let it sit for a few minutes (still in neutral) so the battery would charge a bit. i the put the car in reverse and nothing. back to neutral then reverse again and still nothing. park then reverse warranted the same nothing. i put it in drive, and that was fine. so back to park it goes, then reverse again. reverse now works!?! is there some kind of lockout or something that prevents reverse from working if the car is started in neutral instead of park? this is a new one on me.

and yes, the fluid is good and at the correct level. the trans is normally problem free.

MessyHonda
10-26-2008, 10:22 PM
never heard of that....but shit...you ran out of gas.....LAME....im 20 years old and i can say...i have never ran out of gas....my gas light never comes on because our pumps will go out because they are in tank pumps and the fuel keeps them cool

evil88accordLX
10-27-2008, 05:13 AM
i never ran out of gas until i got the 3gee. ive run out 3x now and my freind borrowed the car once and ran out also. but two of my 3 times was pulling into the gas station, so it was no big deal.

Demon1024
10-27-2008, 11:52 PM
i dont think i've ever had one come on either.....
but not cause i dint run out!
if you need a tranny hit me up man. got 2 autos and 2 sticks