PDA

View Full Version : power problem?

cameron7710
10-25-2008, 07:35 PM
so me and my brother have been driving his 88 accord around all day and it was runing fine until we went out when it got dark out and then it seamed to start having problem like idling lower and running rough and when u turn the wheel or break the lights dim and the rpms get even lower and then we came to a stop sign and the car died when stoping.what do u think the problem could be? we are thinking maybe a bad alternator and it cant handle the all the lights with the power breaks and steering?or could it be somthing else?

ghettogeddy
10-25-2008, 08:07 PM
try alt first
take the car to a kragen or auto parts store they can tell you if its going bad

cameron7710
10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
ok so we are pretty sure its the alt cause we stuck the battery charger on it and i will run good a bit after that. but we know a guy that has a good alt for a accord and he onley wants 80 bucks and ill put it in so will probley just do that and it should be good will let u know.

ghettogeddy
10-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Expensive If Used

also is it a carb or rfi

cameron7710
10-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Expensive If Used

also is it a carb or rfi
its not used and its said to be a real good one.and the car is carbed

ghettogeddy
10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
its not used and its said to be a real good one.and the car is carbed

have fun replacing it lol you gona have to pull the drivers side axle to get it out

cameron7710
10-27-2008, 10:35 PM
have fun replacing it lol you gona have to pull the drivers side axle to get it out

ya i figured it would be hard to get at thats one reson i like my camaro the alt is right there when u open the hood lol. but ya my brother said the guy that is sellin it could probley install it for us cause hes hell good with cars

ghettogeddy
10-27-2008, 10:56 PM
ya i figured it would be hard to get at thats one reson i like my camaro the alt is right there when u open the hood lol. but ya my brother said the guy that is sellin it could probley install it for us cause hes hell good with cars

well its eays if you can pull the Axel out you only have to pull it from the hub