PDA

View Full Version : carb removal and metal vac lines in the way help please

GemBawb89DX
10-27-2008, 09:00 AM
so i'm tryin to pull the carb off to rebuild it and it's driving me mad lol. i've got the vacuum lines labled and pulled from the carb, i got the top hat off and the 4 bolts and washers off but the some kind of valve on the driverside rear of the carb that goes underneath the metal vac lines can't go up all the way before it hits the lines. i took off the two bolts on either side of the carb that are brakets for the metal lines and tried bending them towards the fire wall but i really don't want to brreak them lol. ithe carb's so close to coming off but it just catches at the very top of the studs that hold it in place

2oodoor
10-27-2008, 10:12 AM
sorry , there is no easy button.
There is a 10mm bolt thru the side of those metal lines that holds them to a bracket I believe. Watch out there are some sharp edges around there.

GemBawb89DX
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
phew i got the carb off lol. while it's off u guys think i should go ahead a do the stage one vac removal? i know it's supposed to help preformance wise butwouldn't it also help in installation? my cruise control doesn't work anyways and there is no emissions law here. i've given a look thru of the vac removal stages and i can see how to do the part about switching to a manual secondary, makes sense. removing the charcol canister, is that the thing under the black box that has a red line going to the back of the carb? i'll probably have more questions but i gotta go rebuild the carb now =]

jdmaccordnut
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
If you have it that far just get a Weber.

GemBawb89DX
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
i wish to god i could get a weber lol. my parents were second owners of this car back in the early to mid 90's and as long as they've had it the carb hasn't been touched lol. were anyone elses screws throughtout the carb incredibly tight? oh a weber would be so nice lol, does anybody have an extra they'd sell? and isn't there a conversion kit needed? just want to have the option lol

2oodoor
10-28-2008, 09:21 AM
I have one, and I know where another one is for cheap, You would only need to get a conversion plate kit. I have found real weber conversion carbs in the wrecking yard, and bought one from the local buy sell paper, and another one from a member here.
The webers are so easy to rebuild. Well except for throttle shaft bushings, and those are not bad if you have the right stuff to do it.
You lose about 35 lbs of capital C R A P when you convert or either do vac removal. ;You can also use a Civic D15 carb which is almost the same carb (oem) but without all the vacuum mess.