PDA

View Full Version : Right Front Wheel Noise?

slatfats
10-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I have had wheel noise that sounds like the Right Front that could possibly be bearings...I have looked in my Haynes and don't see anything about bearings...and I have looked on rockauto.com to see a listing for bearings and don't see any..any ideas as to what the noise could be coming from? CV Joint?

Oh, it's a 1989 Honda Accord LXi

skittlez
10-28-2008, 01:31 PM
i dont think you can get just the bearings cause theyre the press-in type, ive been lookin myself cause mine are bad, my right front makes crunch sounds when im doin a good turn to that side, is that what u heard on yours?

Demon1024
10-28-2008, 06:40 PM
you can get just the bearings. several people on here have done it, but replacing the whole hub is much easier. can always try j/y for a hit or miss. find one that will warranty the part to work

skittlez
10-28-2008, 08:31 PM
sweet, now i found em

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1987/honda/accord/driveshaft_-ar-_axle/wheel_bearing.html

Hauntd ca3
10-29-2008, 12:38 AM
wheel bearings tend to make a rumble/growl sound when they are heading south and cv joints will click when you turn, click is louder the more lock you have on
oh and unless you have access to a decent press, bearings are best left to a shop
have done bearings that a 20 ton press have struggled with and they have to start going in dead straight or you will fuck the bearing and hub.
once they are in 5mm or so they'll stay straight

G. White
10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
I replaced a bad wheel bearing not to long ago---it sounded like an angry cricket on my floorboard whenever I drove over 50mph.

2oodoor
10-30-2008, 01:12 AM
make sure it isnt the alignment, that can make the wheel noisy too. A little too much positive camber can make a whiffle roar sound.