PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions, slight hesitation/starting issue

Sabz5150
10-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Okay, here's what's been happening... I installed my cam and installed my AFC unit (1st gen single knob), and a few days later I run into a rather odd problem. When I start my car, whether it's hot or cold outside, it will act like it's barely running for a few seconds, then pop into its good normal smooth idle.

That's problem number one.

The second problem that I have recently experienced is when I give it gas from idle, it'll lurch like it's experiencing a one-time dead miss. It does this almost every time I gas it from idle. At crusing RPMs or even balls out it doesn't miss or hesitate once.

Any ideas what's going on? (Note: both problems started about a week AFTER I installed the cam and AFC, so I don't see how it could be that. I dunno though...)

Rendon LX-i
10-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Mine did this alot after afc install but i got the blue screen...I just had to let it warm up to run it if i didnt it would bog out and just run like crap....A good 3 minutes and my accord ran great idk your getting CEL

Sabz5150
10-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Mine did this alot after afc install but i got the blue screen...I just had to let it warm up to run it if i didnt it would bog out and just run like crap....A good 3 minutes and my accord ran great idk your getting CEL

It's not a bogging... it's like a dead miss, and it only happens when I accelerate from idle.

No CEL either.

evil88accordLX
10-30-2008, 11:08 AM
my car did this until i replaced the pcv valve. once replaced it all went away.

Sabz5150
10-30-2008, 11:17 AM
my car did this until i replaced the pcv valve. once replaced it all went away.

Looks like I know where I'm going after work.

I'll give it a shot, thanks!

codyJDM
10-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Looks like I know where I'm going after work.

I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Looks like I'll be buying the same thing. My car does that as well.

Should grab a new cap and rotor as well.

If that fixes it don't forget to let us know!

Sabz5150
10-31-2008, 06:58 AM
PCV Valve. Problem solved :D

Thanks again!

2oodoor
10-31-2008, 08:01 AM
I was going to say, weak vacuum at idle . The MAP needs a good vacuum signal to get things going.
I was going to attribute that to the cam but the pvc valve leaking back works.. lol

evil88accordLX
10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
funny how a $2 part can cause such problems. glad to hear it worked.