PDA

View Full Version : first rain in sj...

chowder
11-02-2008, 02:20 PM
so it finally started raining and my cold start idle is now crazy at like 2300rpm and it wont go down and then when it does when i brake at a light it drops to like 500rpm for a few secs then goes up to 1k again but its annoying and worrying me any help?

MessyHonda
11-08-2008, 10:57 AM
lol my carb does not like the cold

rfiks
11-08-2008, 11:14 AM
so it finally started raining and my cold start idle is now crazy at like 2300rpm and it wont go down and then when it does when i brake at a light it drops to like 500rpm for a few secs then goes up to 1k again but its annoying and worrying me any help?

im in el paso tx & temp. gets around 50.f in the morning. my 3g carb. does the same thing everytime its trying to warm-up, and only drops to 500rpm when i down shift to slow b-4 stop. its stalled on me once and would'nt start til i pushed it to the side of the road, i got pissed and did a tune-up on her she's ran fine ever since. no hickups!:werd:

chowder
11-11-2008, 07:56 PM
tune up less than 10k miles ago so idk, it doesnt like wet weather i guess, it handles the cold but i guess it must no like more humid cold its doing okay i guess for now i need money to work on it right now hah

LxAcc510
11-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I drive an 89 Lx. I have the same problem with cold start. It cranks for awhile...probably for like 3-4 seconds then shoots to 3k. What i usually do is let it stay at 3k for a few seconds, tap the gas then it goes down to 2k, wait 10-15 mins tap again it goes down to 1-1.5k drive for awhile goes down to .5-1k'ish

I've been told to try to clean the carb with carb cleaner. And if you do it at cold start it helps. But i dont know. I have yet to try to run carb cleaner thru the carb

84Accord
11-11-2008, 10:19 PM

my car does that too a lot recently.