PDA

View Full Version : compatibility

evil88accordLX
11-03-2008, 09:54 AM
okay so inevitably someone is always asking "will xxx part from xxx vehicle fit on our cars?" i think we should compile a list of parts to help with this. it would save time for people searching, and would keep from having to answer the same questions over and over. there are various different platforms that share the same lines as the 3gee, such as the prelude, integra, and legend. if there was a definitive chart listing the part, the car it came from, the car it went on, and if its a direct fit or needs modding would benefit us all in the long run. this list should encompass everything and anything. if it can be swapped from another car to a 3gee, post it up and let us know.

codyJDM
11-03-2008, 12:47 PM
There sort of is one, it really kinda sucks though. I agree that this list should be compiled. We always end up talking about the same things that could easily be answered in a big thread. We could add things on as we go, or take the existing thread and update it/put it in a visible spot.

AccordB20A
11-03-2008, 01:08 PM
indeed, like this question... can i put an a18a head on a a20a block, i cbf searching it should just be there allready and find me!!

evil88accordLX
11-03-2008, 01:29 PM
it should be, but searching doesnt always work. the threads have a tendency to get off topic as well, so sometimes the initial issue never really gets addressed.

JBona
11-03-2008, 03:19 PM
this potential thread would be a LIFESAVER. i can never find anything for a 3gee around here. its all civics, integras, and preludes.
if this thread was opened, i would most likely be able to provide constant info on 92-00 civic parts in the 3gee.
this is a great idea, and it should definitely be acted on

ghettogeddy
11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
we would have to have a section added of each type of part suspension so on
then the person that did the mod post a new thread and then have the topic closed so there is no chit chat
then some one can compile them slowly into a pdf that can be posted on the front page

evil88accordLX
11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
these are all excellent ideas. now to just get everyone on board. thats gonna be the hard part.

JBona
11-04-2008, 02:48 PM
im on board. i can post anything i put on my car with a thumbs up/thumbs down

codyJDM
11-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I would gladly contribute to this thread, I have lots of parts from other cars on my car that I'd like to be documented for other members use.

If only we can get a mod that will sit for a few hours one of these days and update the thread or start a new one that is a big list of members contributions of parts that work. The mods could take all of the things we contribute and add them to the existing list and sticky it somewhere nice and visible.

I think that would be ideal, no?

JBona
11-04-2008, 04:19 PM
i agree. i think it could be a forum under INFORMATION and then have the different sub forums, like Mechanical Compatibility, Suspension Compatibility, Exterior Compatibility, Interior Compatibility, and Other Compatibility. something along those lines would work well, IMO